What do you do on the Sabbath?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
28-02-2013, 09:52 AM
RE: What do you do on the Sabbath?
Whatever comes to mind... It's great to shop an hour before church lets out. Lots of checkers awaiting the big rush, no customers in the store. In and out asap.

[Image: dobie.png]Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like Dom's post
28-02-2013, 09:58 AM
As a government sponsored psychopath, I have no need of recording the days. I only know it's Thursday cause JJ forgot to bring the trash out - again - and I had to do it. Angry

[Image: ZF1ZJ4M.jpg]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes houseofcantor's post
03-03-2013, 06:19 AM
(28-02-2013 12:52 AM)Phaedrus Wrote:  wank
Pretty much this. ^^^

Unless, of course, there's an able-bodied female in my bed. In which case, there's no need for wanking.

Seriously though; staying in bed on Sunday mornings and not going to church was fun and thrilling when I had just left religion. After all this time, it's lost its novelty and become just another average day with average potential.

Through profound pain comes profound knowledge.
Ridi, Pagliaccio, sul tuo amore infranto! Ridi del duol, che t'avvelena il cor!
[+] 1 user Likes Misanthropik's post
19-09-2013, 02:01 PM
Read blasphemous books by my favorite atheists while i'm at work and then partake in the sacrament known as Breaking Bad.
[+] 1 user Likes Shawnzy's post
19-09-2013, 02:20 PM
On Sunday mornings my husband works and my son usually sleeps. I use most of that time studying. Sometimes I catch up on a show or two I have recorded during the week. Mostly I enjoy the only time of peace and quiet that I have.

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF

We're all mad here. The Cheshire Cat
[+] 2 users Like Anjele's post
19-09-2013, 02:45 PM
Lately, I've gone to the sportsman's club to shoot a few rounds of trap and then put some holes in paper from a distance.

Then I come home, clean the guns, do some chores, make a good dinner, and watch good stuff on PBS.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
[+] 1 user Likes Chas's post
19-09-2013, 03:00 PM
Which sabbath?

Jewish sabbath? Christian sabbath? Muslim sabbath? Other religious days of rest?

EDIT: DAMN IT CHAS you made the same joke back when the thread went around the first time, and I didn't notice.

... this is my signature!
[+] 1 user Likes cjlr's post
19-09-2013, 03:06 PM
(19-09-2013 03:00 PM)cjlr Wrote:  Which sabbath?

Jewish sabbath? Christian sabbath? Muslim sabbath? Other religious days of rest?

EDIT: DAMN IT CHAS you made the same joke back when the thread went around the first time, and I didn't notice.

Terse, for the win.Thumbsup

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
[+] 3 users Like Chas's post
19-09-2013, 03:09 PM

Don't feel bad, I clicked on this thread to make the same comment. Tongue

To answer the question, though... laundry, groceries, sometimes bills or catching up on email. Meeting up with my anti-establishment cohort at a book store, sometimes. Cracking the whip over my stepdaughter about homework.

(Me cracking the whip: "So, do you have any homework left?" "Yeah." "Is it due soon?" "Yeah." "Do you think you should get it done?" "Yeah." "Probably oughta get started, right?" "Yeah.")
[+] 2 users Like I Am's post
19-09-2013, 03:11 PM
(19-09-2013 03:09 PM)I Am Wrote:  

Don't feel bad, I clicked on this thread to make the same comment. Tongue

To answer the question, though... laundry, groceries, sometimes bills or catching up on email. Meeting up with my anti-establishment cohort at a book store, sometimes. Cracking the whip over my stepdaughter about homework.

(Me cracking the whip: "So, do you have any homework left?" "Yeah." "Is it due soon?" "Yeah." "Do you think you should get it done?" "Yeah." "Probably oughta get started, right?" "Yeah.")

My kids would have traded you for me in a heartbeat! (Mostly the girls, my son didn't need any whip-cracking.)

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF

We're all mad here. The Cheshire Cat
[+] 1 user Likes Anjele's post