What do you do

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
09-07-2014, 06:02 AM
RE: What do you do
Consider how he will affect your children - what he will teach them, how they will turn out.

And welcome back; you haven't been around much.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 3 users Like Chas's post
18-07-2014, 03:07 AM
I process slowly..sorry for slow response.. Im not sure of children chas.. And I'm not sure he would try to impact them anyway I opposed to if we did.. I feel like we both want to respect each other but we have completely different views on things.. When I was younger I was a complete ignorant asshole who had no empathy and thought life was simple... That's when we met and bonded..he is now dealing with a person who has dealt with a little more life and now has a lil bit broader understanding.. Hardships brought me well deserved empathy that he has never faced.. Black and white is easy when you've never lived in grey.. Although it sickens me he is so narrow minded on things- I can relate- and sadly I know nothing can change your mind without dealing with it yourself..

Life is short and hard like a body building elf-- Blood Hound Gang
Find all posts by this user
18-07-2014, 04:46 AM
(18-07-2014 03:07 AM)k37713 Wrote:  I process slowly..sorry for slow response.. Im not sure of children chas.. And I'm not sure he would try to impact them anyway I opposed to if we did.. I feel like we both want to respect each other but we have completely different views on things.. When I was younger I was a complete ignorant asshole who had no empathy and thought life was simple... That's when we met and bonded..he is now dealing with a person who has dealt with a little more life and now has a lil bit broader understanding.. Hardships brought me well deserved empathy that he has never faced.. Black and white is easy when you've never lived in grey.. Although it sickens me he is so narrow minded on things- I can relate- and sadly I know nothing can change your mind without dealing with it yourself..

Are you sure you want to hitch yourself to him though? It's one thing bangin' some dude but another thing entirely being legally tied to the bugger. Was I you, I'd give it a few more months. May your socks never smell Shy

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
[+] 1 user Likes morondog's post
18-07-2014, 08:02 AM
Knowing what I know now about relationships and people, I would run from this relationship and not look back once.

You want to find a middle ground, but I doubt he does.

Your heart goes out to people that you see in those documentaries, you can put yourself in their shoes. You have empathy for others. You Fox News lover doesn't, that's why he can laugh at the pain of others. Lack of empathy for others is a huge red flag for me. In my experience, it's nothing but trouble.

I say cut your losses now and be done with it.

Leaving is ALWAYS an option.

"Life is a daring adventure or it is nothing"--Helen Keller
[+] 1 user Likes Bows and Arrows's post
18-07-2014, 11:43 AM
(18-07-2014 03:07 AM)k37713 Wrote:  When I was younger I was a complete ignorant asshole who had no empathy and thought life was simple... That's when we met and bonded..he is now dealing with a person who has dealt with a little more life and now has a lil bit broader understanding.. Hardships brought me well deserved empathy that he has never faced..

You've been on a journey that he hasn't. Even the most compatible couples will change each other's opinions. You'll either drag him along with you or you'll get a chance to re-evaluate your relationship.

Try asserting your opinions to the same extent and avoid shutting up when he belittles you. When he says that you are ignorant and aren't widely read, challenge him on that assertion. Make him back it up and don't stop questioning. What he said is a typical bullying tactic from someone who doesn't want to change his own opinions.
[+] 3 users Like Mathilda's post