What do you find boring?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
09-02-2013, 03:10 PM
What do you find boring?
I am bored to tears with television these days. I keep buying old TV shows I used to enjoy like MASH, Boston Legal, ALF (surprise!), Northern Exposure and, of course, Star Trek episodes.

I am bored with most subjects I have been discussing on these forums for 12 years now.

I am bored to distraction hearing the same stupid lies from the news, presented as if they were just invented today, and not repeated year after year, decade after decade.

So, what are YOU bored with?
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like Zat's post
09-02-2013, 03:15 PM
RE: What do you find boring?
Partaking in social parties. You have no idea how bored I get sitting around or standing uncomfortably with a bunch of drunk idiots as they flail around to terrible "music". Then these fools have the audacity to ask me why I'm not smiling.....perhaps it's because you're leaning on me and you smell of failure. GAGH! For some unknown reason I am considered good company. Because of this I am invited to a plethora of parties. All of which consists of me making an appearance then vanishing in search of some form of mental stimulation in the hopes of reversing the advanced stages of brain death.

NEW AND IMPROVED!
Twice the anger, Half the space!
[+] 1 user Likes Hamata k's post
09-02-2013, 03:23 PM (This post was last modified: 09-02-2013 03:30 PM by Vera.)
People's unending interest in themselves. And the inability to understand that others rarely find every little detail about them and every single opinion of theirs as fascinating as they themselves do. Okay, maybe it tires me more than it bores me. But certainly both.

The mundane, everyday stuff that people insist on thrashing out, over and over and over again. If you have nothing interesting to say, I'd much rather you left me alone. And no, your boyfriend problems, your troubles at work, your kids' grades at school are only interesting to me if you're a close friend.

Talking about food. And esp. getting excited about food. Puts me to sleep after about 5 minutes. When I want to chew on food, I mean real food, not the topic of it.

And many other things, but I do not want to bore anyone Dodgy

Music, on the other hand, never ever bores me.

"E se non passa la tristezza con altri occhi la guarderĂ²."
09-02-2013, 03:35 PM
I'm getting bored with people who don't seem to want to do or try. Or maybe... think? Consider

I have gotten acquainted with quite a few people who've told me they are bored and they ask me for suggestions. When I provide them with something interesting to do, they seem to think it is interesting but then ... meh, they couldn't be bothered to even try it.

I'm tired of ending up slightly pissed off with something really interesting to do but no one to do it with. Fuck, why waste my time? If you can't think for yourself, just stop fucking asking me. It's depressing. Dodgy

I think in the end, I just feel like I'm a secular person who has a skeptical eye toward any extraordinary claim, carefully examining any extraordinary evidence before jumping to conclusions. ~ Eric ~ My friend ... who figured it out.
09-02-2013, 03:54 PM
Oh, also nazis bore me. They can't think for themselves, either. Dodgy

I think in the end, I just feel like I'm a secular person who has a skeptical eye toward any extraordinary claim, carefully examining any extraordinary evidence before jumping to conclusions. ~ Eric ~ My friend ... who figured it out.
[+] 1 user Likes kim's post
09-02-2013, 04:20 PM
(09-02-2013 03:10 PM)Zat Wrote:  I am bored to tears with television these days. I keep buying old TV shows I used to enjoy like MASH, Boston Legal, ALF (surprise!), Northern Exposure and, of course, Star Trek episodes.

I am bored with most subjects I have been discussing on these forums for 12 years now.

I am bored to distraction hearing the same stupid lies from the news, presented as if they were just invented today, and not repeated year after year, decade after decade.

I got bored with all those things when I was 20.

Member of the Cult of Reason

The atheist is a man who destroys the imaginary things which afflict the human race, and so leads men back to nature, to experience and to reason.
-Baron d'Holbach-
Bitcion:1DNeQMswMdvx4xLPP6qNE7RkeTwXGC7Bzp
09-02-2013, 04:22 PM
Preemptive post: please don't say you are bored with bored people -- it has been said before! Big Grin
09-02-2013, 04:25 PM
(09-02-2013 03:10 PM)Zat Wrote:  I am bored to tears with television these days. I keep buying old TV shows I used to enjoy like MASH, Boston Legal, ALF (surprise!), Northern Exposure and, of course, Star Trek episodes.

Damn near everything bores me.
09-02-2013, 04:55 PM
(09-02-2013 03:10 PM)Zat Wrote:  So, what are YOU bored with?

I'm not there yet, but eventually I imagine I'll be bored with being. ... Kinda like why I got my nitrogen go-bag. Tongue

Breathing - it's more art than science.
09-02-2013, 06:50 PM
What else?

The predictable, the utterly obvious, the "why did you bother to say this" kind, the "you could have made an effort" type, the same old, same old, same old piece of shit -- show me something new, something original, something that you thought of, all by yourself, kind!