What do you guys think of this NDE testimony?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
23-12-2016, 08:13 PM
What do you guys think of this NDE testimony?
http://www.near-death.com/science/eviden...-days.html

I am particularly interested to know what you think of part 2, his out of body experience.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
23-12-2016, 08:20 PM
RE: What do you guys think of this NDE testimony?
There are no compelling NDE testimonies, it's all flawed anecdotal evidence.

NDE's can be induced in centrifuges.

Gods derive their power from post-hoc rationalizations. -The Inquisition

Using the supernatural to explain events in your life is a failure of the intellect to comprehend the world around you. -The Inquisition
23-12-2016, 08:21 PM
Seems like every couple of months we have a thread that this applies to.

[+] 4 users Like pablo's post
23-12-2016, 08:26 PM
(23-12-2016 08:13 PM)joker-chick Wrote:  http://www.near-death.com/science/eviden...-days.html

I am particularly interested to know what you think of part 2, his out of body experience.

I guess you didn't see my post about the Astronaut Centrifuge machines that spin them around at a high rate which pulls the blood out of key areas of the brain and induces out of body experiences and similar to some NDE's. Many astronaut trainees experience this. It's very common. The out of body experiences are very vivid for them.

http://www.near-death.com/experiences/tr...avity.html

I can find more information on astronaut training NDE's in my bookmarks somewhere but I'd have to spend some time looking for it.

Shakespeare's Comedy of Errors.... on Donald J. Trump:

He is deformed, crooked, old, and sere,
Ill-fac’d, worse bodied, shapeless every where;
Vicious, ungentle, foolish, blunt, unkind,
Stigmatical in making, worse in mind.
[+] 1 user Likes dancefortwo's post
23-12-2016, 10:35 PM
I think that an individual who is panicked, oxygen-deprived and unconscious is a slightly less reliable witness than the town drunk.

---
Flesh and blood of a dead star, slain in the apocalypse of supernova, resurrected by four billion years of continuous autocatalytic reaction and crowned with the emergent property of sentience in the dream that the universe might one day understand itself.
[+] 1 user Likes Paleophyte's post
23-12-2016, 10:38 PM
If I recall correctly, this is the second thread you have started on this topic, in 24 hours. What is on your mind? What do you really think, and want to know?
23-12-2016, 11:00 PM
(23-12-2016 10:38 PM)Fireball Wrote:  If I recall correctly, this is the second thread you have started on this topic, in 24 hours. What is on your mind? What do you really think, and want to know?

I want to know if you guys think that George (the man in the link I have provided) believe his Out of body experience which has been "verified". It was said that he had an OBE while he was "dead" and then he went to his house, saw his kids, then he went to his neighbours house. They had a baby who kept crying. They didn't know why, but George claimed that he could talk to the baby, and that he found out from seeing the baby that the baby had a twisted/fractured arm. What do you think about that?
I am somewhat skeptical about this, but the fact that it was documented makes me wonder if it really was fake
23-12-2016, 11:02 PM
The same thing I think of all testimony.

It's shit. Gonna need better than simple testimony.

[Image: E3WvRwZ.gif]
23-12-2016, 11:06 PM
(23-12-2016 11:00 PM)joker-chick Wrote:  
(23-12-2016 10:38 PM)Fireball Wrote:  If I recall correctly, this is the second thread you have started on this topic, in 24 hours. What is on your mind? What do you really think, and want to know?

I want to know if you guys think that George (the man in the link I have provided) believe his Out of body experience which has been "verified". It was said that he had an OBE while he was "dead" and then he went to his house, saw his kids, then he went to his neighbours house. They had a baby who kept crying. They didn't know why, but George claimed that he could talk to the baby, and that he found out from seeing the baby that the baby had a twisted/fractured arm. What do you think about that?
I am somewhat skeptical about this, but the fact that it was documented makes me wonder if it really was fake

Verified? By whom, and how?

How do we know that he didn't know about the baby and it's injury beforehand, or otherwise learn of it afterwards, before making his claim? How do we know the neighbors aren't in on it? Do we have any evidence to back up any of this story, or is it all hearsay?

What's more likely, that he astral projected and had cogent pre-verbal communication with an infant, all while dead? Or that there are holes in the story being filled in or overlooked by the credulous?

[Image: E3WvRwZ.gif]
[+] 2 users Like EvolutionKills's post
23-12-2016, 11:10 PM
"No matter what eyewitness testimony is in the court of law, it is the lowest form of evidence in the court of science." - Neil deGrasse Tyson

Personally, I think 98% of the story was completely fabricated. I concede only that there may have been a man named George Rodonaia, but since I can find multiple stories with his name from different times and with different situations leading to the supposed near death experience, there isn't much credibility in the rest.

'Murican Canadian
[+] 4 users Like yakherder's post