What do you guys think of this NDE testimony?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
24-12-2016, 01:42 AM (This post was last modified: 24-12-2016 03:55 AM by EvolutionKills.)
RE: What do you guys think of this NDE testimony?
(24-12-2016 01:28 AM)Szuchow Wrote:  
(23-12-2016 11:22 PM)joker-chick Wrote:  It's more likely that there are holes in the story like you said. The reason I am asking is that I need a lot of reassurance because the site that I got it from has many examples of atheists going to hell during their NDEs and I am trying to debunk the stories so that I feel confident that this is not true. I fear hell because I was raised Christian and Christians talk about it a lot. Also, many of my friends and loved ones are atheists and I myself am agnostic and I don't believe the bible but I still fear the what if factor of hell.

Considering the fact that there is no evidence for existence of something called hell there is no reason for debunking.

Indeed. It's a concept born of the mix of the Jewish Sheol, the Greek Hades, and a small valley outside of Jerusalem called Gehenna where they used to burn refuse, with a name borrowed from the Norse goddess of the dead (Hel).

[Image: hel.png]

^ Hel ^

We have plenty of evidence that it is a cultural construction, and most of it's modern trappings have more to do with Dante's Inferno or John Milton's Paradise Lost than with the actual religious texts themselves.

What evidence do we have for the actual existence of an alternate plane of eternal torture? None. It would also require mind-body dualism, the thought that what makes us 'us' is somehow separate from the wet-work in our heads; an idea soundly disproved by all modern medical evidence and the entire field of neurology.

[Image: E3WvRwZ.gif]
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 4 users Like EvolutionKills's post
24-12-2016, 03:22 AM
Yeah, you posted this over at AF too.

Is this post of yours a question or a point?
24-12-2016, 03:39 AM
I didnt even read your link, and i tell you why.

A NDE is a near death experience. Nobody is dead, just someones brain has a lack of oxygen, abundance of CO2 and possibly minor physical damage (which later in the clinic often turns out to be totally reversible). So noone is dead, but someone is in a very rare and scientifically not (yet) very well explored realm of life.

What makes you think that any claims made after having been in such a state are more believable than claims of brains who have been under the influence of any random chemical substance?

What makes you think that someone in this physical (still alive!) state suddenly has the ability to do/experience the supernatural, but not in any other state at any other point in his life (sleep/nightmare, sleep deprivation, etc.)?

Remember: nobody is dead, we are still alive, and in most cases no permanent damage is even sustained to the brain.

Ceterum censeo, religionem delendam esse
[+] 1 user Likes Deesse23's post
24-12-2016, 03:59 AM
(24-12-2016 03:39 AM)Deesse23 Wrote:  I didnt even read your link, and i tell you why.

A NDE is a near death experience. Nobody is dead, just someones brain has a lack of oxygen, abundance of CO2 and possibly minor physical damage (which later in the clinic often turns out to be totally reversible). So noone is dead, but someone is in a very rare and scientifically not (yet) very well explored realm of life.

What makes you think that any claims made after having been in such a state are more believable than claims of brains who have been under the influence of any random chemical substance?

What makes you think that someone in this physical (still alive!) state suddenly has the ability to do/experience the supernatural, but not in any other state at any other point in his life (sleep/nightmare, sleep deprivation, etc.)?

Remember: nobody is dead, we are still alive, and in most cases no permanent damage is even sustained to the brain.

That's true too. I guess you could say that all of these experiences are just stories, and it doesn't matter if we have an explanation for them or not. If we don't know exactly why something occured, then we could never say that it actually happened because someone's soul left their bodies. I know logically that these stories are not to be taken seriously, I guess I am still somewhat brainwashed and fearful lol
24-12-2016, 04:11 AM
At work.

(24-12-2016 03:59 AM)joker-chick Wrote:  
(24-12-2016 03:39 AM)Deesse23 Wrote:  I didnt even read your link, and i tell you why.

That's true too. I guess you could say that all of these experiences are just stories, and it doesn't matter if we have an explanation for them or not. If we don't know exactly why something occured, then we could never say that it actually happened because someone's soul left their bodies. I know logically that these stories are not to be taken seriously, I guess I am still somewhat brainwashed and fearful lol

Hug

Thumbsup

Heart
24-12-2016, 04:22 AM
(24-12-2016 03:59 AM)joker-chick Wrote:  I know logically that these stories are not to be taken seriously, I guess I am still somewhat brainwashed and fearful lol

You're not the only one, there are older members of the movement who tossed off their religion decades ago who still have to struggle with waking up in a cold sweat to nightmares of hell. The fire and brimstone scared into some children is outright child abuse, and some people never manage to quell that part of their subconscious. Rest assured, you are not alone in this.

But a thing doesn't have to be real for it to be scary, just look at horror movies. We evolved on the plains of Africa, where the most paranoid and scared apes were the ones most likely to survive and pass on their genes. Our evolutionary crucible is one built upon the survival advantage of pattern recognition and making false positive (i.e. a false alarm) mistakes. It's the basis of all superstition, and religion has been fueling it and abusing it since before recorded history.

[Image: E3WvRwZ.gif]
24-12-2016, 04:51 AM
I'm CONVINCED!!!

HALLELUJAH!!!!!

JESUS IS LORD!!!!!

[/blathering bullshit for the benefit of the OP]

The difference between prayer and masturbation - is when a guy is through masturbating - he has something to show for his efforts.
[+] 1 user Likes onlinebiker's post
24-12-2016, 05:50 AM
Dying brains, why would you trust them? Drinking Beverage
[+] 1 user Likes adey67's post