What do you like to do for fun?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
06-07-2013, 12:19 PM
Smile What do you like to do for fun?
Well, it seems as though the forum really needs a thread to lighten everyone up, and (as far as my search goes- I don't like posting threads that have already been posted) there's not exactly a thread on what members like to do for fun. This idea was inspired by Elk's thread "What does your home look like?" When you go out with friends or family, what exactly is your source of entertainment? What do you like to do that you just really enjoy? Even when you're not with a group of friends or family, what's an activity you like to do by yourself?

Most of my friends are musically inclined or somewhat know how to use an instrument. We've even got a few people that can or kinda can sing. We get together in groups, large or small, and if anyone has a guitar or something to add a beat, we have a blast. Even if we completely don't even know what we're singing, improvising and saying whatever, it's still pretty funny and it's how we enjoy passing the time.

For example, this was actually yesterday- non-professionally recorded on my white girl iphone- (as well is what secondly inspired this thread.) I respect the elders of this forum, and apologize ahead of time to anyone who dislikes the mild profanity. Regards:

Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like Ferdinand's post
06-07-2013, 12:37 PM
RE: What do you like to do for fun?
When I have the time, I like to make art. The last one was a sculpted ant head, inspired by an ant problem my friend was having. I haven't let it dry yet as I need to get some of the finer details put in. Big Grin

Kickass tunes! Keep it up! Yes

[Image: 3d366d5c-72a0-4228-b835-f404c2970188_zps...1381867723]
[+] 1 user Likes cheapthrillseaker's post
06-07-2013, 12:56 PM
(06-07-2013 12:37 PM)cheapthrillseaker Wrote:  When I have the time, I like to make art. The last one was a sculpted ant head, inspired by an ant problem my friend was having. I haven't let it dry yet as I need to get some of the finer details put in. Big Grin

Kickass tunes! Keep it up! Yes

Thank you!
You should post a picture of the final after you've completely finished it! I'd like to see it Smile
[+] 1 user Likes Ferdinand's post
06-07-2013, 12:57 PM
I'm weird...I go to school. That's become my hobby and my obsession.

I'm not anti-social. I'm pro-solitude. Sleepy
[+] 1 user Likes Anjele's post
06-07-2013, 01:43 PM
You have no idea how much these vids remind me of myself at your age. We did the exact same thing.

I change a lot in what I like to do with my time. Currently I love to go for long, slow walks in the woods with my dogs. There are no people in sight anywhere, and the beauty of the sunlight falling through the trees is just magnificent. At some point I sit down for a while and just soak it all in. I suppose that's as close as I come to meditation, I don't do formal meditation. But it most certainly has a very calming, cheerful effect on me.

[Image: dobie.png]

Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
[+] 2 users Like Dom's post
06-07-2013, 01:52 PM
I will! Sort of stuck right now for the paint I want to use for it. It's difficult getting my hands on a specific paint - oily black tincture. But once that's found all that's needed it some malleable wire for the feelers and then it'll be done.

Anjele - that will soon be mine as well. Obsessives unite! Big Grin

[Image: 3d366d5c-72a0-4228-b835-f404c2970188_zps...1381867723]
[+] 1 user Likes cheapthrillseaker's post
06-07-2013, 02:09 PM
Fun eh? I'm mostly a homebody.... If I haven't brought work home, I usually find my self in front of a computer, Lately, that's involved World of Warcraft and Lord of the Rings Online. I've tried The Old Republic, but it doesn't seem to have the same pull of the other two. Generally part of the "fun" is playing audiobooks in the background. I prefer the author to also narrate, I sure wish Hitch could have read more of his works.

Occasionally I'll pick up a guitar, which I'm aspiring to play... but so far the results are less than ideal. I still have to think about finger placement, so clearly more practice is called for. Yet that seems more like work than fun, hence, the "occasionally", and the return to gaming.
[+] 1 user Likes brighten's post
06-07-2013, 02:17 PM
I like to play video games and watch movies. Also, I spend a lot of time browsing YouTube for videos either related to games or with intellectual content. I play guitar, but not a lot.

[Image: godtroll.php]
[+] 1 user Likes NL Atheist's post
06-07-2013, 02:19 PM
(06-07-2013 01:43 PM)Dom Wrote:  You have no idea how much these vids remind me of myself at your age. We did the exact same thing.

I change a lot in what I like to do with my time. Currently I love to go for long, slow walks in the woods with my dogs. There are no people in sight anywhere, and the beauty of the sunlight falling through the trees is just magnificent. At some point I sit down for a while and just soak it all in. I suppose that's as close as I come to meditation, I don't do formal meditation. But it most certainly has a very calming, cheerful effect on me.

Dom you're awesome. Cool

Whenever I get the chance to, we have a couple very nice parks around my part of AL/GA. It's nice to just walk with dogs or enjoy a nice evening with friends. One of our particular parts, flatrock, we use to play large-group games of zombie tag, but usually with sit around and do the usual.

A lot crappier video. This was last year. Tongue
[+] 1 user Likes Ferdinand's post
06-07-2013, 02:21 PM
Recently I've been playing through some Mega Man games with mates for my dosage of fun... that and drowning badgers.

[Image: opforum1.png]
[+] 1 user Likes frankiej's post