What do you listen to?

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 5 Average
17-03-2010, 10:07 AM

RE: What do you listen to?
Green, I see we agree on many bands there (I don't know many of them). I love Animal Collective. I listen to a lot of Indie Rock: mostly Radiohead, Belle & Sebastian, old Coldplay stuff (from X&Y on, they can burn in hell), Arcade Fire, The Shins and many others.
I listen to a lot of Classical Music, mostly Mozart, and Jazz and Blues (If you haven't listened to Paris Combo, give them a listen) and electronic (Kraftwerk, Daft Punk, Chemical Brothers, St. Germain, Dimitri from Paris)
Quote this message in a reply
17-03-2010, 11:08 AM
Some of the bands I mentioned might be right up your alley Tongue If you end up checking any of them out let me know what you thought! If you like electronic music I think Hot Chip would be a good time investment Smile

Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
19-03-2010, 10:18 AM

Green you touched on pretty much every genre I listen to. I love MGMT, Super Furry Animals, Muse (just saw Muse at a concert in Houston last night, it was AWESOME, Silversun Pickups opened for them but I really only like Lazy Eye by them), Arcade Fire, Daft Punk, Radiohead, and RHCP.

For what I listen to that wasn't on your list (I know it was cursory):
Porcupine Tree
Justice - French electronic duo. Better than Daft punk to some, slightly below for me but still very enjoyable.
Opeth - Was recently introduced to them by my roommate who's into some heavy shit, Swedish death-metal heavy. I like their lighter album Damnation but Blackwater Park has some good songs.
The White Stripes
Tool - Slowly working my way into them, they grow on you but it takes a while from my experience. They are God to my roommate.
Straylight Run
Say Anything
The Killers - Mainly for nostalgic reasons.
Explosions in the Sky - Great reading music.
Cold War Kids
Brand New
The Beatles - A given.
Classical - Bach, Vivaldi, Beethoven, Chopin, Schubert, ect.
Jazz - Mostly smooth jazz to study to (and fall asleep studying to Tongue).

Quite a bit more but I'll stop here. PM me, or post here, any band similar to Animal Collective, MGMT, Super Furry Animals or Daft Punk I might like. I'm always looking to expand my library. I'm already going to go listen to Hot Chip and see what they're like.
19-03-2010, 02:29 PM

My tastes are a hodge-podge of folksy alt-country, singer-songwriter types, crunchy power pop and dream pop/shoegazer/noise rock stuff.

Some of my favorites:
Elvis Costello
Old 97s
Barenaked Ladies
Luna
Raveonettes
My Bloody Valentine
Crowded House/Neil Finn
Pixies
Fountains of Wayne
Slowdive
Weezer
The Decemberists
Steve Poltz
Lucinda Williams
19-03-2010, 04:04 PM
I have a few more "out there" likes:

"Lollipop", more specifically the version by Ben Kweller, from the soundtrack of Stubbs the Zombie
"Civilization", which was part of the soundtrack for Fallout 3, but I had heard it before - it's by Danny Kaye and the Andrew Sisters
"Unforgettable" by Nat "King" Cole
Flight of the Conchords, a comedy music group

"Owl," said Rabbit shortly, "you and I have brains. The others have fluff. If there is any thinking to be done in this Forest - and when I say thinking I mean thinking - you and I must do it."
- A. A. Milne, The House at Pooh Corner
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
11-07-2010, 11:49 PM

Hey nowadays I am busy with Lamb of god. This is the perfect metal band I have seen ever. Last time I had been to India for Lamb of God concert. I had never seen such crowed in any concert held in India. All the member in this band are the best and has power in what they are playing. You wont find any difference in live and recorded version of the songs by this band. The next band is GNR.
Hope you have heard of album Chinese Democracy by GNR. In this album you can hear the vocal of Axel Rose who is the legend of Rock. I love his all song and he also has too much power in his vocal.
And I think this justin bieber is the worst singer who is just born in musical field. I don't know how did this kid hit the fan page higher the Metallica, it might be due to girls being so crazy of him. Anyways I don't think these are singer. To become a singer the main thing you must have is the vocal power, lyrics and flow of song.
12-07-2010, 12:06 AM

Hey rosty I liked your post and saying of these tow band. In my view also the Lamb Of God is the best and perfect Metal Band. And I think there are no any metal band who are better then Lamb Of God. If Dimebag Darrel was not dead then I think there was a band who can compete with Lamb Of God. Pentera is also the best band of mine but I don't know why are these commercial singer are hitting the fan page high, like justin bieber has more fan page then Metallica, it might be due to girls being so crazy of him. Anyways in my point of view I don't count these kids as a singer I better call them a singer for a birthday party.
13-07-2010, 11:15 AM

I like all kinds of music. I used to not like country, but I've discovered some songs that I like. But here's a list of what I do like: Johnny Cash, Rage Against The Machine, Rise Against, old Green Day, Blink 182, Shinedown, Soundgarden, Eve 6, TRUSTcompany (got to play a show with them), 36 Crazyfists, Otis Redding, The Temptations, Tupac, The Shins, Thursday, and some local bands from my area: Faded Black, Section 8, and Third Frate (which is funny, because their bass player just quit to focus on becoming a priest Tongue)
19-07-2010, 02:14 PM

Dubstep, trance and their likes. Easy listening while gameing. Smile
19-07-2010, 06:32 PM

Rage Against the Machine, Arcade Fire, Led Zeppelin, Pink Floyd, Rush, and a myriad of other artists. I despise any modern pop music.