What do you listen to?

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 5 Average
13-08-2010, 12:12 PM

RE: What do you listen to?
(10-08-2010 04:53 PM)BnW Wrote:  Music doesn't make me feel old. 14 year old's who listen to music that I listened to before they were born makes me feel old.

well, i'm 10 days away from being 38 with a 10 year old son. i love when he starts singing a song and then i join in and he's all surprised i know the words. a few weeks ago i was going through boxes in my garage and found one full of cds. my son thought he struck gold when he found all the green day and pearl jam ones. now i have to show him how to load his ipod with all of them. i love that he listens to the music of my youth. it doesn't make me feel old at all. it makes me feel cool and hip. Cool
Quote this message in a reply
17-08-2010, 09:52 AM

Story of the Year
Tool
NOFX
Paramore
Flyleaf
Skillet
17-08-2010, 04:46 PM

(10-08-2010 11:47 AM)BnW Wrote:  
(08-08-2010 09:33 AM)violentpixi Wrote:  My Indie Rock Punk Pop Playlist
  • Muse
  • The Killers
  • Green Day
  • The Pretty Reckless
  • Queen
  • No Doubt
  • The White Stripes
  • The Used
  • Lady Gaga
  • YeahYeahYeahs
  • Florence + The Machine

If you know any bands I may like which coinside with this type of genre then please tell me because I'm always on the lookout for good music!

ok, I was starting to feel a lot better because I've heard of some of these. Then I clicked on Pixies bio to see what that picture was and saw you were born in 1996??!!!

Then I felt very, very, very old. I have a Greenday CD that is older than you are. Hell, I have some t-shirts that are older than you are.

Jeez, I'm starting to think I need to change my handle to "grandpa" or something.

Haha, Big Grin and my profile pic is an icon of Taylor Momsen from 'The Pretty Reckless' whom i'm currently addicted to, music wise[/b]
17-08-2010, 11:33 PM
I really like almost everything. Pretty much everything except for Bjork and the majority of country music (though I do like a few country songs). =P My favourite artist has got to be Newton Faulkner. If I had to put my finger on a favourite genre, I'd have to go with the vagueness that is Fusion (especially the more interesting kinds such as the music presented by the Yoshida Brothers). I have a deep interest in Swing and Big Band, but I wouldn't call them my favourite genres--just genres that I think are excessively amazing. =P

"It does feel like something to be wrong; it feels like being right." -Kathryn Schulz
I am 100% certain that I am wrong about something I am certain about right now. Because even if everything I stand for turns out to be completely true, I was still wrong about being wrong.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
18-08-2010, 11:59 PM

I like songs when ever start my work, I am listening songs that time. I am very much front of music now I am listening
-Angel eye.
- Flo rida.
-just wanna a spend time with you.
19-08-2010, 10:42 PM

I like some of the local bands in my neck of the woods. I'd link to a myspace page, but some of their songs aren't up. They're metal though.

Metal, classic rock, hard rock are what I mostly listen to. I also geek out to video game themes like from Megaman and Final Fantasy, so I have a nostalgic playlist on my computer Smile.

Bands I like:

-Muse
-Mindless Self Indulgence
-Metallica
-RammStein
-Kamelot
-Pink Floyd
-Queen
-Radiohead
-System of a Down/Serj Tankian
20-08-2010, 04:15 AM

hiiiiiiiiii
nice post
26-08-2010, 04:24 AM

Now i am Listing Micheal Jackson songs on Tv......
26-08-2010, 12:53 PM
I listen to a variety of music ranging from the 60's to the present day. My favourite band of all time is Pink Floyd, closely followed by Bad Religion. Other bands that I love are Rush, Alexisonfire, the Beatles, the Tragically Hip, Queen, the Weakerthans, the Clash, the Ramones, Alestorm (the greatest Scottish pirate metal band ever!), the Cars, and much more that I cannot think of off the top of my head.

"Remember, my friend, that knowledge is stronger than memory, and we should not trust the weaker." - Dr. Van Helsing, Dracula
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply