What do you make of these "Atheist converts to Christianity" claims

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
07-08-2014, 04:10 PM
RE: What do you make of these "Atheist converts to Christianity" claims
(07-08-2014 11:59 AM)docskeptic Wrote:  
(07-08-2014 11:50 AM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  *As if* someone would go to a PhD in Romantic Literature for Open Heart Surgery, or an angioplasty.

Oh, I don't know. I know many people who believe something a quack on TV tells them over what their physician says.

And lay off the booze, will ya? Its a bit early in the day for that.

Doc

I don't drink at all, but I do drunk type all the time. Weeping

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
08-08-2014, 05:38 PM
They all annoy me. Cos none of them were just atheists.

They were always violent atheists or alcoholic atheists Or drug addict atheists etc. Plain old atheists don't seem to convert. Only Scumbag lowlife atheists lol
08-08-2014, 08:09 PM
(07-08-2014 04:41 AM)Mathilda Wrote:  
(06-08-2014 10:03 PM)donlee600 Wrote:  something like this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pTMuTDIMvXU

naturally, they've disabled ratings and comments

Jeremy Walker posted this video. My response was that both she and Jennifer Fulwiler were driven by an emotional need to believe rather arriving at the decision by logical deduction (17.30 - 18.00 in the above video).

http://www.thethinkingatheist.com/forum/...#pid578215

Jennifer Fulwiler... Consider ...that name looked so familiar to me as I read this post, Mathilda. So I looked her up and it got me to Conversion Diary and wouldn't you know, that was something I was reading quite often as I started out on my road to deconversion.

I didn't realize it at the time, of course, but questioning whether the Baptist faith's general disdain for Catholics was actually warranted or not, was definitely a step in that direction.

Catholicism was the first "other" religion that I looked into when I started having doubts. And yeah, I realize that both Baptist and Catholics are considered Christian, but at the time it felt like a whole new religion, almost, because some of the things they believed in were quite foreign to me.

Anyway... good times. Tongue That's only partly sarcastic, btw. I do enjoy looking back at where I've come from. I get all proud of myself when I think of all the beliefs I held that I confronted and held up to the light for careful scrutiny. Big Grin INFP's really can overcome their predilection for confirmation bias. Thumbsup Tongue

[+] 1 user Likes Escape Artist's post