What do you make of this type of Christianity?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
14-07-2014, 01:37 AM
RE: What do you make of this type of Christianity?
(12-07-2014 12:19 PM)Chas Wrote:  
(12-07-2014 10:51 AM)Nogon Wrote:  This is something I've noticed on this forum, as well as pretty much every other discussion of Christianity among Atheists. Nearly all of the energy that's put into deconstructing Christianity is focused on the evangelical side of the religion. That's important, don't get me wrong, but I have yet to see anyone take a serious look at progressive Christianity. I'm interested to see what you all think. Here are some videos from some prominent members.

No, we don't concentrate on the evangelicals. All of the supernatural crap, like life after death (where the first video starts), is debunked here.

I also have not seen a concentration on the evangelicals here.

"If you want a happy ending, that depends, of course, on where you stop your story." Orson Welles
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
16-07-2014, 08:03 AM
RE: What do you make of this type of Christianity?
I think this is more progressive than Christian, and certainly very different in many ways from virtually all forms of mainstream Christianity.

It is very good to hear a bishop finally reject the highly manipulative promise of eternal happiness or pain after death, that no one can confirm whether received or not. However many believers like the idea of heaven and hell so much, I can hardly imagine any major Christian church debunking it.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply