What do you most dislike about TTA forums? (Bitch Session)

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
21-06-2013, 05:37 PM
RE: What do you most dislike about TTA forums? (Bitch Session)
(21-06-2013 05:12 PM)Hughsie Wrote:  
(21-06-2013 05:10 PM)Lightvader Wrote:  and then you have that

Weeping I spent ages plagiarising them from KC's set! Weeping

You was trying too hard then, think you got a handle on it now though. Thumbsup

As it was in the beginning is now and ever shall be, world without end. Amen.
And I will show you something different from either
Your shadow at morning striding behind you
Or your shadow at evening rising to meet you;
I will show you fear in a handful of dust.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
21-06-2013, 05:39 PM
As long as we are asking dumb n00b questions what is the deal with reputation? Anyone can rate anyone? Is there some sort of points allocation system? What is to stop people from giving -10 or +100 etc?

and what about the stars?

There are lot of different user rating systems on this forum....kinda cool just also confusing.

Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
21-06-2013, 05:42 PM
(21-06-2013 05:39 PM)ridethespiral Wrote:  As long as we are asking dumb n00b questions what is the deal with reputation? Anyone can rate anyone? Is there some sort of points allocation system? What is to stop people from giving -10 or +100 etc?

regular members can only give +/- 1 vets can give +/- 2 super mods can give +/-3. Once you get to a certain level of negative (not sure what that is) you can no longer give ratings.

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense
[+] 1 user Likes Revenant77x's post
21-06-2013, 05:50 PM
(21-06-2013 05:39 PM)ridethespiral Wrote:  As long as we are asking dumb n00b questions what is the deal with reputation? Anyone can rate anyone? Is there some sort of points allocation system? What is to stop people from giving -10 or +100 etc?

and what about the stars?

There are lot of different user rating systems on this forum....kinda cool just also confusing.

New members cannot give rep, members can give 1, vets 2, mods 3, super-mods and admins 4. I can't totally remember the rules for losing rep ability but it's something like if a new member goes negative without going positive they cannot give rep until they go positive again, something like that.

The stars are done on post count up to a certain point (four I think), then mods get 5, super-mods 6, admins 7, and Seth gets 10. Anyone who becomes a contributing member goes up to 6.

Best and worst of Ferdinand .....
Best
Ferdinand: We don't really say 'theist' in Alabama. Here, you're either a Christian, or you're from Afghanistan and we fucking hate you.
Worst
Ferdinand: Everyone from British is so, like, fucking retarded.
[+] 1 user Likes Hughsie's post
21-06-2013, 05:52 PM
(21-06-2013 05:42 PM)Revenant77x Wrote:  What is to stop people from giving -10 or +100 etc?

There is not a damn thing to stop Deep Thought from giving any member a +/- gazillion rating on a whim. He refrains from doing so. ... My name is Dug, I have just met you and I luv you.

[+] 1 user Likes GirlyMan's post
21-06-2013, 05:56 PM
(21-06-2013 04:30 PM)Full Circle Wrote:  
(21-06-2013 02:08 PM)evenheathen Wrote:  So you guys have hidden forums where you talk all kinds of shit on people? Nice.

Kinda scratching my head as to what sort of deepities would be discussed that would require a secret forum. Consider I guess that what makes the forum general public the forum general public. Yes

Of course if it's anything like the titty twisting going on in this thread I think I'll keep my happy ass on the outside, thank you very much. Drinking Beverage

↑ He said titty twisting...Big Grin

Anyway I had no idea that there were clandestine subgroups whose members are living among us Ohmy

The cool kids get to sit at the back table. You and me gotta keep company with the nerds.

But now I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.

~ Umberto Eco
[+] 2 users Like evenheathen's post
21-06-2013, 05:56 PM
Thanks guys! Also...

....Gwyneth Paltrow?

Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
21-06-2013, 05:58 PM
(21-06-2013 05:56 PM)ridethespiral Wrote:  Thanks guys! Also...

....Gwyneth Paltrow?

We must defer to HoC the prophet on all things Gwynnies. Tongue

I'm not anti-social. I'm pro-solitude. Sleepy
21-06-2013, 06:10 PM
(21-06-2013 05:56 PM)ridethespiral Wrote:  Thanks guys! Also...

....Gwyneth Paltrow?

It's all about what you looking for in a tour guide to the abyss. If you looking to spelunk it to try and gauge its depth, EllenJanuary's your man. If you looking to try and paint a pretty picture on top of the abyss, then Gwyneth Paltrow is your man.

21-06-2013, 06:22 PM
(21-06-2013 05:56 PM)evenheathen Wrote:  
(21-06-2013 04:30 PM)Full Circle Wrote:  ↑ He said titty twisting...Big Grin

Anyway I had no idea that there were clandestine subgroups whose members are living among us Ohmy

The cool kids get to sit at the back table. You and me gotta keep company with the nerds.

We have Nerds? I have always known we have Noobs, Trolls, Drive-bys and Lurkers. I now know we have Vets, Mods, Super-Mods, Admins and The Seth.
I also think we may have some Dudes, Dweebs & Dorks; Puppets, Prophets and Poes; Plagiarizers & Proselytizers. Oh, and the Stoner's Row at the back of Doc's now defunct class.

“I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man’s reasoning powers are not above the monkey’s.”~Mark Twain
“Ocean: A body of water occupying about two-thirds of a world made for man - who has no gills.”~ Ambrose Bierce