What do you most dislike about TTA forums? (Bitch Session)

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
26-06-2013, 05:44 PM
RE: What do you most dislike about TTA forums? (Bitch Session)
(26-06-2013 03:54 PM)Tartarus Sauce Wrote:  Not enough interesting theists, too many of the drive-by fundie trolls. Sad

We would have a better chance of retaining theists if people didn't pile on them and be dicks to them simply because they're theists.

Best and worst of Ferdinand .....
Best
Ferdinand: We don't really say 'theist' in Alabama. Here, you're either a Christian, or you're from Afghanistan and we fucking hate you.
Worst
Ferdinand: Everyone from British is so, like, fucking retarded.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Hughsie's post
26-06-2013, 05:45 PM (This post was last modified: 26-06-2013 05:51 PM by Full Circle.)
(26-06-2013 03:54 PM)Tartarus Sauce Wrote:  Not enough interesting theists, too many of the drive-by fundie trolls. Sad

I kinda miss Mojch...sigh. Blush

http://www.imdb.com/character/.../quotes
King Arthur: Now, stand aside, worthy adversary! ..... Cerdic: Ahhh, finally, a man worth killing

“I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man’s reasoning powers are not above the monkey’s.”~Mark Twain
“Ocean: A body of water occupying about two-thirds of a world made for man - who has no gills.”~ Ambrose Bierce
[+] 2 users Like Full Circle's post
26-06-2013, 05:48 PM
(26-06-2013 05:43 PM)Hughsie Wrote:  
(26-06-2013 06:11 AM)Magoo Wrote:  The fact that people actually take Egor seriously. Why has every one not coped on yet that he is a troll? Seriously?

Because he wasn't a troll.

Wikipedia Wrote:In Internet slang, a troll (/ˈtroʊl/, /ˈtrɒl/) is a person who sows discord on the Internet by trying to start arguments and upset people. They may do this by posting deliberately inflammatory, extraneous, or off-topic messages in an online community, such as a forum, chat room, or blog, with the intent of provoking readers into an emotional response or of otherwise disrupting normal on-topic discussion.

Application of the term troll is subjective. Some readers may characterize a post as trolling, while others may regard the same post as a legitimate contribution to the discussion, even if controversial. Like any pejorative term, it can be used as an ad hominem attack, suggesting a negative motivation.

Regardless of the circumstances, controversial posts may attract a particularly strong response from those unfamiliar with the robust dialogue found in some online, rather than physical, communities. Experienced participants in online forums know that the most effective way to discourage a troll is usually to ignore it[citation needed], because responding tends to encourage trolls to continue disruptive posts – hence the often-seen warning: "Please do not feed the trolls".

To some, Ego® was a troll.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
26-06-2013, 05:50 PM
(26-06-2013 05:44 PM)Hughsie Wrote:  

We would have a better chance of retaining theists if people didn't pile on them and be dicks to them simply because they're theists.

We can recognize dickhead theists pretty accurately. Piling on does not make them go away.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
[+] 3 users Like Chas's post
26-06-2013, 06:28 PM
(26-06-2013 05:44 PM)Hughsie Wrote:  

No one piled up on Mojch.

As for the others, IMO, we piled on them because THEY were dicks who happened to be theists.

“I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man’s reasoning powers are not above the monkey’s.”~Mark Twain
“Ocean: A body of water occupying about two-thirds of a world made for man - who has no gills.”~ Ambrose Bierce
[+] 3 users Like Full Circle's post
26-06-2013, 07:02 PM
Lol how many people who aren't dick heads go to the Bizzaro world equivalent of their home forum and start spouting off? None. Asking questions, trying to learn something sure...but answering the same questions and playing apologist?

...If I went to a creationist forum and started playing a game of pin-the-tail-on-the-logical-fallacy, it would make me kind of a dick....but then again that is what the Internetz is for.

26-06-2013, 07:05 PM
I hope Kingschosen doesn't get piled on. Seems like a good guy.

[+] 1 user Likes TheGulegon's post
26-06-2013, 07:15 PM
(26-06-2013 07:05 PM)TheGulegon Wrote:  I hope Kingschosen doesn't get piled on. Seems like a good guy.

hehehehehehehehehe ... Big Grin

We did. Didn't take. Like water off a duck's back. ... Reminded me of when my kids try to wrestle me, "I can't get a grip on his fatness!" ... hehehehehehe

As it was in the beginning is now and ever shall be, world without end. Amen.
And I will show you something different from either
Your shadow at morning striding behind you
Or your shadow at evening rising to meet you;
I will show you fear in a handful of dust.
26-06-2013, 07:36 PM
(26-06-2013 05:50 PM)Chas Wrote:  We can recognize dickhead theists pretty accurately. Piling on does not make them go away.

I've seen enough non-dickhead theists attacked on here for the sole crime of being a theist to stand by my original comment.

It's my most disliked thing about the forum, along with some people's inability to not read threads that they don't like.

Best and worst of Ferdinand .....
Best
Ferdinand: We don't really say 'theist' in Alabama. Here, you're either a Christian, or you're from Afghanistan and we fucking hate you.
Worst
Ferdinand: Everyone from British is so, like, fucking retarded.
[+] 1 user Likes Hughsie's post
26-06-2013, 08:07 PM
(26-06-2013 07:36 PM)Hughsie Wrote:  I've seen enough non-dickhead theists attacked on here for the sole crime of being a theist to stand by my original comment.

Some come here and pretty much ask for it.

Others just come here to preach and try to collect brownies from their gods.

And then there are those who may have come here because they have a nagging doubt... and I don't like seeing those driven off. But they always are, and it just drives them back into the arms of the church. And that's a shame.

[Image: dobie.png]

Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
[+] 5 users Like Dom's post