What do you most dislike about TTA forums? (Bitch Session)

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
27-06-2013, 08:30 PM
RE: What do you most dislike about TTA forums? (Bitch Session)
(27-06-2013 05:11 PM)Magoo Wrote:  
(26-06-2013 06:28 AM)DeepThought Wrote:  Where did this come from? Egor's been gone a long time...

He asked for his account to be removed.

WHAT?

Thank god!

[Image: 2332-1271525302.jpg]
I see what you did there.

Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes ridethespiral's post
27-06-2013, 09:06 PM
(27-06-2013 10:02 AM)houseofcantor Wrote:  There's an unwritten policy to keep the assholery out of the intro section. Thumbsup

What the fuck you talkin' 'bout? That's how you weed out the pussies and cry babies. Thumbsup

Find all posts by this user
27-06-2013, 09:18 PM (This post was last modified: 27-06-2013 09:21 PM by Anjele.)
As soon as the you are all going to hell and you don't know anything you're atheist idiots starts, then all bets are off...

We see that plenty...is it a victory of some sort for theists to name call and threaten people into converting?

Let's try this out and see how it works for people.

1. New person moves in next door to you. They see you and say hello, I just moved here from such and so. My name is Joe and it looks like we are going to be neighbors.

So, how do you respond? Most likely, if no one pissed in your Wheaties that morning, you exchange pleasantries in kind. And over time you learn a little more about one another and perhaps become friends...not just connected through geography.

2. New person moves in next door to you. They see you and say...hey idiot, I just want you to know that I am better than you and I know how you should do things although I have never met you before and know nothing about you beyond that right there is where you must live. I have the answer to all life's questions and you are just clueless if you don't live just exactly like I do

You say...well damn I guess I do everything wrong and I need to learn your ways oh enlightened one...please have pity on this ignorant piece of shit and teach me what you know.

Seriously, why should we sit back and take the crap...how many here on a regular basis are going on religious forums and slamming them, talking shit and generally being like many of the theists that some in here?

How do you suppose I would be received if I walked in a church, participated in fellowship and then segued into calling the people there idiots and all the other treatment we get?

People here tend to get what they give. The abusive assholes should not be allowed to continue...I really don't care how many theists show up here and if their feelings get wounded when they come in guns blazing. There are plenty of Christee places they can go. I worry more about the new atheist...experiencing issues that seem insurmountable due to the family, work, community, church rejection and they read a few threads to get a feel for things and come across exactly what they are trying to move away from.

I was under the impression that Seth envisioned this to be a safe(ish) haven for people trying to feel at home in their own skin before, during, and after changing their worldview.

Fuck...freedom of speech...it's a wonderful thing...let one of us challenge on a theist forum and it's instaban....let a theist come here and be an abusive dickhead and it supposed to be...oh hear them out....maybe they mean idiot in a nice way. Perhaps they mean you are going to burn in eternal hell for not believing in their God in a fun-loving way to get the ball rolling for a lovely interchange of ideas.

Jesus H Fucking Christ on crack!

I'm not anti-social. I'm pro-solitude. Sleepy
[+] 4 users Like Anjele's post
27-06-2013, 11:10 PM
(27-06-2013 09:18 PM)Anjele Wrote:  Fuck...freedom of speech...it's a wonderful thing...let one of us challenge on a theist forum and it's instaban....let a theist come here and be an abusive dickhead and it supposed to be...oh hear them out....maybe they mean idiot in a nice way. Perhaps they mean you are going to burn in eternal hell for not believing in their God in a fun-loving way to get the ball rolling for a lovely interchange of ideas.

Oy vey Tongue

We do I think have slightly more sympathy for the theists - some of us - because we remember being indoctrinated. Therefore sometimes even assholes get a bit of kid-glove treatment, simply in the hopes that they'll realise they're behaving like assholes and magically flip to being normal human beings.

Egor is one theist who initially was a pure asshole who later reformed his wicked ways, but then went back to the Tao of Assholery for reasons unbeknown to man, so *very* occasionally it does work, at least temporarily.

But equally, IMO as you say, if someone acts like a dick, it's merely justice that they should be dicked with until their head explodes. Unfortunately assholes tend to come with their own array of weaponry, the chiefest weapon of which is total incomprehension... so actually *getting* their heads to explode is a bit of an art form...
28-06-2013, 02:59 AM
(27-06-2013 11:10 PM)morondog Wrote:  
(27-06-2013 09:18 PM)Anjele Wrote:  Fuck...freedom of speech...it's a wonderful thing...let one of us challenge on a theist forum and it's instaban....let a theist come here and be an abusive dickhead and it supposed to be...oh hear them out....maybe they mean idiot in a nice way. Perhaps they mean you are going to burn in eternal hell for not believing in their God in a fun-loving way to get the ball rolling for a lovely interchange of ideas.

Oy vey Tongue

We do I think have slightly more sympathy for the theists - some of us - because we remember being indoctrinated. Therefore sometimes even assholes get a bit of kid-glove treatment, simply in the hopes that they'll realise they're behaving like assholes and magically flip to being normal human beings.

Egor is one theist who initially was a pure asshole who later reformed his wicked ways, but then went back to the Tao of Assholery for reasons unbeknown to man, so *very* occasionally it does work, at least temporarily.

But equally, IMO as you say, if someone acts like a dick, it's merely justice that they should be dicked with until their head explodes. Unfortunately assholes tend to come with their own array of weaponry, the chiefest weapon of which is total incomprehension... so actually *getting* their heads to explode is a bit of an art form...

Ego® never reformed. He is a very confused man suffering from narcissistic personality disorder.

The religiously insane eventually run out of steam, but it seems that there comes a point when we recognize that it would be better for all if we just terminated their stay here.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
28-06-2013, 05:19 AM
(28-06-2013 02:59 AM)Chas Wrote:  
(27-06-2013 11:10 PM)morondog Wrote:  Oy vey Tongue

Ego® never reformed. He is a very confused man suffering from narcissistic personality disorder.

The religiously insane eventually run out of steam, but it seems that there comes a point when we recognize that it would be better for all if we just terminated their stay here.

As someone with Narcissistic personality disorder, I can tell you that one does not suffer from it. And that was far from his problem... There is something else seriously skewed in that mans brain besides self obsession...

[Image: 3cdac7eec8f6b059070d9df56f50a7ae.jpg]
Now with 40% more awesome.
28-06-2013, 12:11 PM
(27-06-2013 11:10 PM)morondog Wrote:  

Oy vey Tongue

MD, you are one of my favorite people here, have been since I first joined. But your first paragraph is yet another excuse to allow abusive behavior as taught and condoned by religious indoctrination and that is simply not acceptable. Let them go talk that shit in their church...using the exact language they use here.

I am fairly certain we don't have any antiasshole powers around here. If we do, it only works sporadically.

I'm not anti-social. I'm pro-solitude. Sleepy
28-06-2013, 12:23 PM
(27-06-2013 09:18 PM)Anjele Wrote:  As soon as the you are all going to hell and you don't know anything you're atheist idiots starts, then all bets are off...

We see that plenty...is it a victory of some sort for theists to name call and threaten people into converting?

1. New person moves in next door to you. They see you and say hello, I just moved here from such and so. My name is Joe and it looks like we are going to be neighbors.

So, how do you respond? Most likely, if no one pissed in your Wheaties that morning, you exchange pleasantries in kind. And over time you learn a little more about one another and perhaps become friends...not just connected through geography.

2. New person moves in next door to you. They see you and say...hey idiot, I just want you to know that I am better than you and I know how you should do things although I have never met you before and know nothing about you beyond that right there is where you must live. I have the answer to all life's questions and you are just clueless if you don't live just exactly like I do

You say...well damn I guess I do everything wrong and I need to learn your ways oh enlightened one...please have pity on this ignorant piece of shit and teach me what you know.

Seriously, why should we sit back and take the crap...how many here on a regular basis are going on religious forums and slamming them, talking shit and generally being like many of the theists that some in here?

How do you suppose I would be received if I walked in a church, participated in fellowship and then segued into calling the people there idiots and all the other treatment we get?

People here tend to get what they give. The abusive assholes should not be allowed to continue...I really don't care how many theists show up here and if their feelings get wounded when they come in guns blazing. There are plenty of Christee places they can go. I worry more about the new atheist...experiencing issues that seem insurmountable due to the family, work, community, church rejection and they read a few threads to get a feel for things and come across exactly what they are trying to move away from.

I was under the impression that Seth envisioned this to be a safe(ish) haven for people trying to feel at home in their own skin before, during, and after changing their worldview.

Fuck...freedom of speech...it's a wonderful thing...let one of us challenge on a theist forum and it's instaban....let a theist come here and be an abusive dickhead and it supposed to be...oh hear them out....maybe they mean idiot in a nice way. Perhaps they mean you are going to burn in eternal hell for not believing in their God in a fun-loving way to get the ball rolling for a lovely interchange of ideas.

@Anjele, your post is dead on.

Even when I was under the spell I knew that what went around came around. Someone wants sincere dialogue, then approach in a civilized manner. Anything less need not be tolerated.

I don't care what shit is going on in their heads, take it somewhere else.

“I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man’s reasoning powers are not above the monkey’s.”~Mark Twain
“Ocean: A body of water occupying about two-thirds of a world made for man - who has no gills.”~ Ambrose Bierce
[+] 2 users Like Full Circle's post
28-06-2013, 12:27 PM
(28-06-2013 05:19 AM)earmuffs Wrote:  
(28-06-2013 02:59 AM)Chas Wrote:  Ego® never reformed. He is a very confused man suffering from narcissistic personality disorder.

As someone with Narcissistic personality disorder, I can tell you that one does not suffer from it. And that was far from his problem... There is something else seriously skewed in that mans brain besides self obsession...

His last entry on his FB page was in March. Veridican.org is available, Veridican.com is under construction.

Brother Edward is AWOL

PS I think I found him at http://freedreamreport.com

“I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man’s reasoning powers are not above the monkey’s.”~Mark Twain
“Ocean: A body of water occupying about two-thirds of a world made for man - who has no gills.”~ Ambrose Bierce
28-06-2013, 01:42 PM
(28-06-2013 12:23 PM)Full Circle Wrote:  
(27-06-2013 09:18 PM)Anjele Wrote:  As soon as the you are all going to hell and you don't know anything you're atheist idiots starts, then all bets are off...

@Anjele, your post is dead on.

Even when I was under the spell I knew that what went around came around. Someone wants sincere dialogue, then approach in a civilized manner. Anything less need not be tolerated.

I don't care what shit is going on in their heads, take it somewhere else.

+1000 !! I saw a few posts back someone mentioned they wish more newbies would stay, wish there were more women, etc. For me--its these constant dipshits , their 5 whacked out posts, the never ending battle with complete idiots that makes me not want to return. Its just more aggravation that I don't want or need in my life. If I wanted preached to I would visit my inlaws. I know what some will say....then don't read those posts, yadda, yadda. But I would get more thrill out of seeing them ejected. I tell these nutjobs to get the hell off my front porch all summer long-but its seems they are invited in to have a drink here.

"Life is a daring adventure or it is nothing"--Helen Keller
[+] 2 users Like Bows and Arrows's post