What do you most dislike about TTA forums? (Bitch Session)

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
28-06-2013, 01:45 PM (This post was last modified: 28-06-2013 02:03 PM by morondog.)
RE: What do you most dislike about TTA forums? (Bitch Session)
(28-06-2013 12:11 PM)Anjele Wrote:  MD, you are one of my favorite people here, have been since I first joined. But your first paragraph is yet another excuse to allow abusive behavior as taught and condoned by religious indoctrination and that is simply not acceptable. Let them go talk that shit in their church...using the exact language they use here.

I am fairly certain we don't have any antiasshole powers around here. If we do, it only works sporadically.

Nah. In that said paragraph I'm just explaining to you why some of us treat these guys maybe a bit less roughly Wink I'm not saying they're not assholes or anything... I'm saying we're pussies Tongue

PS You're one of my faves too Heart
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
28-06-2013, 02:25 PM
(28-06-2013 01:42 PM)Bows and Arrows Wrote:  If I wanted preached to I would visit my inlaws.

Laughat

I bet they don't see you very often.

“I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man’s reasoning powers are not above the monkey’s.”~Mark Twain
“Ocean: A body of water occupying about two-thirds of a world made for man - who has no gills.”~ Ambrose Bierce
[+] 1 user Likes Full Circle's post
28-06-2013, 03:21 PM
Seriously, what is people's issue with theists saying they think we're going to hell? That is what they think. They aren't trying to be personal, they aren't trying to upset anyone, they are stating their beliefs.

Would anyone here say that atheists should refrain from saying there is no afterlife around theists? Of course not. Even though it could upset them it is simply our viewpoint and we feel we should be express it. Yet when a theist tries to simply express their viewpoint suddenly they should censor themselves? There's a word for that; hypocritical.

Best and worst of Ferdinand .....
Best
Ferdinand: We don't really say 'theist' in Alabama. Here, you're either a Christian, or you're from Afghanistan and we fucking hate you.
Worst
Ferdinand: Everyone from British is so, like, fucking retarded.
28-06-2013, 03:31 PM
(28-06-2013 05:19 AM)earmuffs Wrote:  
(28-06-2013 02:59 AM)Chas Wrote:  Ego® never reformed. He is a very confused man suffering from narcissistic personality disorder.

The religiously insane eventually run out of steam, but it seems that there comes a point when we recognize that it would be better for all if we just terminated their stay here.

As someone with Narcissistic personality disorder, I can tell you that one does not suffer from it. And that was far from his problem... There is something else seriously skewed in that mans brain besides self obsession...

There is a lot more to clinical narcissism than just self obsession...

[Image: dobie.png]

Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
28-06-2013, 03:41 PM
(28-06-2013 03:21 PM)Hughsie Wrote:  Yet when a theist tries to simply express their viewpoint suddenly they should censor themselves? There's a word for that; hypocritical.

People here have demonstrated many times that they clearly understand the difference between someone stating their views and someone shoving their metaphorical penis down your throat. Dodgy And what you seem to be saying is that biting the penis that chokes you is somehow bad ?
[+] 3 users Like morondog's post
28-06-2013, 03:44 PM
(28-06-2013 03:41 PM)morondog Wrote:  People here have demonstrated many times that they clearly understand the difference between someone stating their views and someone shoving their metaphorical penis down your throat. Dodgy And what you seem to be saying is that biting the penis that chokes you is somehow bad ?

Nope, what I'm saying is that people are so hyper-alert to assholes that they jump on the perfectly reasonable people as well without even realising it.

Best
Ferdinand: We don't really say 'theist' in Alabama. Here, you're either a Christian, or you're from Afghanistan and we fucking hate you.
Worst
28-06-2013, 03:47 PM
(28-06-2013 03:21 PM)Hughsie Wrote:  Seriously, what is people's issue with theists saying they think we're going to hell? That is what they think. They aren't trying to be personal, they aren't trying to upset anyone, they are stating their beliefs.

Would anyone here say that atheists should refrain from saying there is no afterlife around theists? Of course not. Even though it could upset them it is simply our viewpoint and we feel we should be express it. Yet when a theist tries to simply express their viewpoint suddenly they should censor themselves? There's a word for that; hypocritical.

WhatthefuckeverHughsie.

Read all the words.

I'm not anti-social. I'm pro-solitude. Sleepy
[+] 2 users Like Anjele's post
28-06-2013, 03:49 PM
(28-06-2013 03:44 PM)Hughsie Wrote:  
(28-06-2013 03:41 PM)morondog Wrote:  People here have demonstrated many times that they clearly understand the difference between someone stating their views and someone shoving their metaphorical penis down your throat. Dodgy And what you seem to be saying is that biting the penis that chokes you is somehow bad ?

Nope, what I'm saying is that people are so hyper-alert to assholes that they jump on the perfectly reasonable people as well without even realising it.

Cite example ? I can think of one, the one that Red Celt went ballistic over and got universally shat on by the entire forum, eventually leading to his departure.

All of the others... hang on... who was that twit ? Goddammit I can't remember the name. Vosur took to gently torturing him when he undertook to supply a proof of God. He eventually also left in high dudgeon but he was reasonable for quite a long period.

I can think of one or two who lost it when asked about their opinion on gay marriage... which is so far my best asshole detector question...

But I can't think of anyone *misidentified* as an asshole who actually wasn't.
[+] 2 users Like morondog's post
28-06-2013, 03:49 PM
Name the last five...I would like to see where a perfectly reasonable poster was attacked with no provocation.

I would like to see the type of attacks and who it doing it.

I'm not anti-social. I'm pro-solitude. Sleepy
[+] 2 users Like Anjele's post
28-06-2013, 03:51 PM
(28-06-2013 03:49 PM)morondog Wrote:  Cite example ? I can think of one, the one that Red Celt went ballistic over and got universally shat on by the entire forum, eventually leading to his departure.

All of the others... hang on... who was that twit ? Goddammit I can't remember the name. Vosur took to gently torturing him when he undertook to supply a proof of God. He eventually also left in high dudgeon but he was reasonable for quite a long period.

I can think of one or two who lost it when asked about their opinion on gay marriage... which is so far my best asshole detector question...

But I can't think of anyone *misidentified* as an asshole who actually wasn't.

I couldn't name anyone. I don't keep records of these things. I have seen people overreact to theists though, there's been times when I think people have fired off at KC simply because he's a theist.

Best
Worst