What do you most dislike about TTA forums? (Bitch Session)

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
28-06-2013, 03:52 PM
RE: What do you most dislike about TTA forums? (Bitch Session)
(28-06-2013 03:44 PM)Hughsie Wrote:  
(28-06-2013 03:41 PM)morondog Wrote:  People here have demonstrated many times that they clearly understand the difference between someone stating their views and someone shoving their metaphorical penis down your throat. Dodgy And what you seem to be saying is that biting the penis that chokes you is somehow bad ?

Nope, what I'm saying is that people are so hyper-alert to assholes that they jump on the perfectly reasonable people as well without even realising it.

Please provide an example. I went looking for one to see your point and I couldn't find one. Scanned many of the theword's posts, PJs, Heywood's, David Lee's and none of them, IMO, gets jumped on immediately or unecessarily.

Who do you think is a pefectly reasonable person that was unjustly jumped on? What are you seeing that I'm not?

“I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man’s reasoning powers are not above the monkey’s.”~Mark Twain
“Ocean: A body of water occupying about two-thirds of a world made for man - who has no gills.”~ Ambrose Bierce
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
28-06-2013, 03:53 PM
(28-06-2013 12:27 PM)Full Circle Wrote:  
(28-06-2013 05:19 AM)earmuffs Wrote:  As someone with Narcissistic personality disorder, I can tell you that one does not suffer from it. And that was far from his problem... There is something else seriously skewed in that mans brain besides self obsession...

His last entry on his FB page was in March. Veridican.org is available, Veridican.com is under construction.

Brother Edward is AWOL

PS I think I found him at http://freedreamreport.com

Ah, yes, there's that narcissism and wackiness in full force:
Ego® Wrote:I'm Edward Gordon, and I interpret dreams. I believe all dreams that are remembered well enough to write down are communications from either the Divine Source or from our spirit guides giving us instructions for better living, perhaps warnings of what’s to come, or maybe just comfort and encouragement as we travel down our individual life paths.

I am unique among dream interpreters in that I use astrology to help me understand the symbols within a person's dream. I believe astrology shows us the fatalistic winds that blow and steer us toward our inevitable life lessons. Understanding these forces helps us to accept them or even to overcome them if we choose.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
28-06-2013, 03:56 PM
(28-06-2013 03:51 PM)Hughsie Wrote:  I have seen people overreact to theists though, there's been times when I think people have fired off at KC simply because he's a theist.

And mostly the over-reactions get jumped on too. It's not like they don't get defended.

Furthermore, it's also *their* job to not be ninnies and to defend themselves. If you constantly worry about pissing off people nothing gets done.
28-06-2013, 03:57 PM
(28-06-2013 03:21 PM)Hughsie Wrote:  Seriously, what is people's issue with theists saying they think we're going to hell? That is what they think. They aren't trying to be personal, they aren't trying to upset anyone, they are stating their beliefs.

Would anyone here say that atheists should refrain from saying there is no afterlife around theists? Of course not. Even though it could upset them it is simply our viewpoint and we feel we should be express it. Yet when a theist tries to simply express their viewpoint suddenly they should censor themselves? There's a word for that; hypocritical.

No, it's an atheist forum. That kind of preachy bullshit doesn't fly here and they either already know that or will be told.

Fuck 'em.

[+] 3 users Like Chas's post
28-06-2013, 03:58 PM
(28-06-2013 03:44 PM)Hughsie Wrote:  
(28-06-2013 03:41 PM)morondog Wrote:  People here have demonstrated many times that they clearly understand the difference between someone stating their views and someone shoving their metaphorical penis down your throat. Dodgy And what you seem to be saying is that biting the penis that chokes you is somehow bad ?

Nope, what I'm saying is that people are so hyper-alert to assholes that they jump on the perfectly reasonable people as well without even realising it.

Which reasonable people are those? Consider

28-06-2013, 04:00 PM
(28-06-2013 03:52 PM)Full Circle Wrote:  Please provide an example. I went looking for one to see your point and I couldn't find one. Scanned many of the theword's posts, PJs, Heywood's, David Lee's and none of them, IMO, gets jumped on immediately or unecessarily.

Who do you think is a pefectly reasonable person that was unjustly jumped on? What are you seeing that I'm not?

Like I said, I couldn't name one (unless you count some of the attacks I've seen directed at KC since he arrived), I'm talking about random times over the 2+ years I've been here when I've thought "wow, that was kinda unwarranted", I don't keep records on it.

Besides, ever noticed the lack of theists here? Someone care to explain it to me? Plenty join, almost none hang around, why is that? Is it that only assholes join? Perhaps the non-asshole theists find some other, unknown, reason for leaving? Or maybe a sizeable chunk of people here simply don't take so well to theists. I've seen Christians condemned for using the Bible as evidence here, if that's not retarded I don't know what is.

Best and worst of Ferdinand .....
Best
Ferdinand: We don't really say 'theist' in Alabama. Here, you're either a Christian, or you're from Afghanistan and we fucking hate you.
Worst
Ferdinand: Everyone from British is so, like, fucking retarded.
28-06-2013, 04:03 PM
(28-06-2013 03:57 PM)Chas Wrote:  No, it's an atheist forum. That kind of preachy bullshit doesn't fly here and they either already know that or will be told.

Fuck 'em.

Thank you Chas.

Now that Chas has been nice enough to prove me with some proof, does anyone still wanna tell me that there aren't people here who are hostile to theists being on the forum.

By the way Chas, this is from the rules;

This forum isn't just for atheists. It is for anyone - no matter what race, religion, sex, sexual preference, or anything else. Anyone is welcome to participate and express their opinions.

Best and worst of Ferdinand .....
Best
Ferdinand: We don't really say 'theist' in Alabama. Here, you're either a Christian, or you're from Afghanistan and we fucking hate you.
Worst
Ferdinand: Everyone from British is so, like, fucking retarded.
28-06-2013, 04:05 PM
(28-06-2013 04:00 PM)Hughsie Wrote:  Besides, ever noticed the lack of theists here? Someone care to explain it to me? Plenty join, almost none hang around, why is that? Is it that only assholes join? Perhaps the non-asshole theists find some other, unknown, reason for leaving? Or maybe a sizeable chunk of people here simply don't take so well to theists. I've seen Christians condemned for using the Bible as evidence here, if that's not retarded I don't know what is.

Ever noticed the lack of atheists at church ?

Come on dude, it's not that hard to figure out. They don't *like* us, even the reasonable ones. We are discussing shit that they'd rather not think about. We're hammering priests and pastors and popes. We're swearing like there's no tomorrow.

And yes, using the Bible as evidence is pretty fucking retarded Tongue
[+] 2 users Like morondog's post
28-06-2013, 04:06 PM
(28-06-2013 04:03 PM)Hughsie Wrote:  This forum isn't just for atheists. It is for anyone - no matter what race, religion, sex, sexual preference, or anything else. Anyone is welcome to participate and express their opinions.

And so they are. But they must be able to handle having opinions expressed straight back at them. We're not a kindergarten either.
[+] 1 user Likes morondog's post
28-06-2013, 04:10 PM
(28-06-2013 03:44 PM)Hughsie Wrote:  Nope, what I'm saying is that people are so hyper-alert to assholes that they jump on the perfectly reasonable people as well without even realising it.

I'm trying to remain calm and open-minded about the point your making but I gotta tell you I'm having some difficulty.

Would it be fair to say that it is perfectly understandable that we on this forum should be highly skeptical as to the reasons any theist would walk into TTA?

Would it be fair to say that the majority of the forum members here have a very good reason to be defensive and touchy about being preached to, proselytized to and being otherwise insulted by theists?

Would it be fair to say that whenever a self-proclaimed theist announces themselves the vast majority, from what I have seen, are NOT here because of self-doubts or because they are exploring their beliefs but rather to openly challange our non belief?

The collective accuracy of the Bullshitometer/Trollometer on this forum is 100% as far as I have seen. Again, I point you to Mojch, when he got some undeserved and unjustified crap others immediately came to his defense.

So, can it happen? Yes. Is this a self-policing group, I say resoundedly yes.

“I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man’s reasoning powers are not above the monkey’s.”~Mark Twain
“Ocean: A body of water occupying about two-thirds of a world made for man - who has no gills.”~ Ambrose Bierce
[+] 2 users Like Full Circle's post