What do you most dislike about TTA forums? (Bitch Session)

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
28-06-2013, 07:59 PM
RE: What do you most dislike about TTA forums? (Bitch Session)
(28-06-2013 07:57 PM)ridethespiral Wrote:  
(28-06-2013 07:51 PM)Dom Wrote:  Holy cow, this thread suddenly exploded.

Maybe we should do an experiment.

Maybe, the next theist who comes here and seems fairly ok (not starting out with insults or brimstone) - Let's teach him some stuff, very slowly, step by step.

I mean, instead of disputing his stuff, lead him down the path of evolution in baby steps, little steps he won't be able to dismiss off hand.

I have always found dog breeds a good example for non-science people. Each evolved to do a certain task originally, and is perfectly suited for that in body type and mental capacity and disposition.

Once they agree to that, one can get to explaining bigger things...

And so on. In other words, without pulling the rug out from under the theists feet, we can guide him to learn something. We need to realize that most of these people just do not know things. They have not been taught to think for themselves. They don't understand the last thing about science and facts and debating methods and what have you.

And, you just don't know whether this guy showed up because he thinks he's collecting brownies or because he has a nagging doubt. My guess would be that the thing he seems to want to push is the thing he doubts. It would be really interesting to go about dealing with someone like we would deal with a six year old - old enough to think step by step, but too young to know shit.

One would have to pick a decent candidate though.

Can there please be a secret thread for planning and discussing the results of social experiments on poor unsuspecting theists?! It would be so fun!

There already is. It's above your pay-grade. Sorry. Dodgy

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like Chas's post
28-06-2013, 08:57 PM
(28-06-2013 02:25 PM)Full Circle Wrote:  
(28-06-2013 01:42 PM)Bows and Arrows Wrote:  If I wanted preached to I would visit my inlaws.

Laughat

I bet they don't see you very often.

If I'm lucky I can push visits to every 1.5 years, more than that and I start getting twitchy. LOL.

"Life is a daring adventure or it is nothing"--Helen Keller
Find all posts by this user
29-06-2013, 09:06 AM
(28-06-2013 07:51 PM)Dom Wrote:  Holy cow, this thread suddenly exploded.

Maybe we should do an experiment.

Maybe, the next theist who comes here and seems fairly ok (not starting out with insults or brimstone) - Let's teach him some stuff, very slowly, step by step.

I mean, instead of disputing his stuff, lead him down the path of evolution in baby steps, little steps he won't be able to dismiss off hand.

I have always found dog breeds a good example for non-science people. Each evolved to do a certain task originally, and is perfectly suited for that in body type and mental capacity and disposition.

Once they agree to that, one can get to explaining bigger things...

And so on. In other words, without pulling the rug out from under the theists feet, we can guide him to learn something. We need to realize that most of these people just do not know things. They have not been taught to think for themselves. They don't understand the last thing about science and facts and debating methods and what have you.

And, you just don't know whether this guy showed up because he thinks he's collecting brownies or because he has a nagging doubt. My guess would be that the thing he seems to want to push is the thing he doubts. It would be really interesting to go about dealing with someone like we would deal with a six year old - old enough to think step by step, but too young to know shit.

One would have to pick a decent candidate though.

I like how you basically call theists dogs. Thumbsup

The Out Crowd.
[+] 1 user Likes Hobbitgirl's post
29-06-2013, 09:11 AM
(29-06-2013 09:06 AM)Hobbitgirl Wrote:  
(28-06-2013 07:51 PM)Dom Wrote:  Maybe we should do an experiment.

I like how you basically call theists dogs. Thumbsup

You can call anybody anything without malice. Helps to step back from the keyboard, at times, to keep the malice from showing up.

[Image: klingon_zps7e68578a.jpg]
29-06-2013, 09:13 AM
(28-06-2013 07:15 PM)evenheathen Wrote:  Boy, when you guys do a bitch session you really go all out.

Just be sure to always tag these threads appropriately so I know what I'm walking into. Bangin

Trigger warnings? Really? This is atheism, it's rough, here. Thumbsup

29-06-2013, 10:05 AM
(28-06-2013 04:55 PM)Hughsie Wrote:  
(28-06-2013 04:30 PM)Chas Wrote:  When you have some actual evidence of over-reaction, provide it. Otherwise, you simply have an ideological or emotional argument.

For the millionth time. There have been several occasions over the 2+ years I've been here that I've felt a theist has been overreacted to. Shockingly, I did not make a record of the date, username, and weather that day.

What's that Hughsie? can't provide evidence...?

You know you're doing exactly what you were criticizing me for earlier in this exact same thread right?

hypocrite much.. Dodgy

Quote:Boy, when you guys do a bitch session you really go all out.

Just be sure to always tag these threads appropriately so I know what I'm walking into. Bangin

Meh, say nigger a few times and you'll see some real fireworks.

[Image: 3cdac7eec8f6b059070d9df56f50a7ae.jpg]
29-06-2013, 11:02 AM
(28-06-2013 07:59 PM)Chas Wrote:  
(28-06-2013 07:57 PM)ridethespiral Wrote:  Can there please be a secret thread for planning and discussing the results of social experiments on poor unsuspecting theists?! It would be so fun!

There already is. It's above your pay-grade. Sorry. Dodgy

I was joking... but of course it's real, and of course I can't see it...

They don't do stuff like this in Gabba Land Big Grin:

Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
29-06-2013, 11:07 AM
(29-06-2013 11:02 AM)ridethespiral Wrote:  
(28-06-2013 07:59 PM)Chas Wrote:  There already is. It's above your pay-grade. Sorry. Dodgy

I was joking... but of course it's real, and of course I can't see it...

They don't do stuff like this in Gabba Land Big Grin:

There are some downsides to living there...

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense
[+] 2 users Like Revenant77x's post
29-06-2013, 04:00 PM
(29-06-2013 10:05 AM)earmuffs Wrote:  What's that Hughsie? can't provide evidence...?

You know you're doing exactly what you were criticizing me for earlier in this exact same thread right?

hypocrite much.. Dodgy

Actually, I asked for evidence, you gave a valid reason for not being able to present it, and I accepted that. I criticised you for making completely incorrect allegations about me.

Best and worst of Ferdinand .....
Best
Ferdinand: We don't really say 'theist' in Alabama. Here, you're either a Christian, or you're from Afghanistan and we fucking hate you.
Worst
Ferdinand: Everyone from British is so, like, fucking retarded.
29-06-2013, 04:05 PM
(29-06-2013 10:05 AM)earmuffs Wrote:  
(28-06-2013 04:55 PM)Hughsie Wrote:  For the millionth time. There have been several occasions over the 2+ years I've been here that I've felt a theist has been overreacted to. Shockingly, I did not make a record of the date, username, and weather that day.

What's that Hughsie? can't provide evidence...?

David the Theist took some unnecessary squawk in the boxing ring, maklelan was discriminated against for being a Mormon...

...and anybody has to deal with you, is a victim. Tongue