What do you most dislike about TTA forums? (Bitch Session)

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
21-06-2013, 02:11 PM
RE: What do you most dislike about TTA forums? (Bitch Session)
(21-06-2013 01:37 PM)earmuffs Wrote:  
Quote:This is so funny, I had only one objection myself, and that was that you might not respect the vet forum's confidentiality. Consider

And what have I not respected?
What I'm saying Hughsie was saying (which I obviously can't give an exact example due to my privileges or lack there of) was in relation in to myself...
If anything, the no less 4 different people are the ones breaching the privacy of the hidden forums.
Besides, if you wanna talk about keeping information private I know should stay private how about we talk about the time when I had unrestricted access to both the vets hidden forum and the mods hidden forum by mistake.
I could have screenshot that shit and slurred it all over the forum. Yet do you see any screenshots Dom?

So you talk about keeping shit private, yet I have kept shit I know to keep private, private.

Plus, you don't even know me. Yes I joke around and have fun and sure I can an asshole, but I know where to draw the line Dom between what needs to be kept serious and what can have fun poked at it.
Do I post poor taste jokes in serious threads about serious shit Dom? No, I don't. Because I know where the line is.
Perhaps if you actually thought about forming your opinion of me a little more you may have come to a different conclusion in which you did.

Quote:Whatever idiot started telling people of posts I made (even though I still doubt I ever said that)

Again, I'm paraphrasing and you know I'm right.

Again I say...I was/am vehemently opposed.

But then I was vehemently opposed to another addition so I am no longer a vet. You may have my spot if you like.

It was just a fucking apple man, we're sorry okay? Please stop the madness Laugh out load
~Izel
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
21-06-2013, 02:12 PM
(21-06-2013 02:08 PM)evenheathen Wrote:  So you guys have hidden forums where you talk all kinds of shit on people? Nice.

Kinda scratching my head as to what sort of deepities would be discussed that would require a secret forum. Consider I guess that what makes the forum general public the forum general public. Yes

Of course if it's anything like the titty twisting going on in this thread I think I'll keep my happy ass on the outside, thank you very much. Drinking Beverage

Just a place to discuss management discussions and the like. The main one you can see the actual section (just not threads posted by others), it's at the bottom.

Best and worst of Ferdinand .....
Best
Ferdinand: We don't really say 'theist' in Alabama. Here, you're either a Christian, or you're from Afghanistan and we fucking hate you.
Worst
Ferdinand: Everyone from British is so, like, fucking retarded.
21-06-2013, 02:13 PM
(21-06-2013 02:08 PM)evenheathen Wrote:  So you guys have hidden forums where you talk all kinds of shit on people? Nice.

Kinda scratching my head as to what sort of deepities would be discussed that would require a secret forum. Consider I guess that what makes the forum general public the forum general public. Yes

Of course if it's anything like the titty twisting going on in this thread I think I'll keep my happy ass on the outside, thank you very much. Drinking Beverage

Let me tell ya, I talk mad shit about you on the private forum... Just kidding.

It's pretty dull there. I think the only thing exciting about it is the description.

[Image: 0013382F-E507-48AE-906B-53008666631C-757...cc3639.jpg]
Credit goes to UndercoverAtheist.
[+] 2 users Like Atothetheist's post
21-06-2013, 02:15 PM
(21-06-2013 02:11 PM)Erxomai Wrote:  Again I say...I was/am vehemently opposed.

But then I was vehemently opposed to another addition so I am no longer a vet. You may have my spot if you like.

You weren't a Vet. We have 10 regular Vets, and ex-staff can access CH, they don't count as Vets though they're as well as the 10. That's why you could see CH after you stepped down as super-mod. You still have the rainbow name because I set your group to frequent poster but your display group to stay as ex-staff.

Best
Ferdinand: We don't really say 'theist' in Alabama. Here, you're either a Christian, or you're from Afghanistan and we fucking hate you.
Worst
21-06-2013, 02:15 PM (This post was last modified: 21-06-2013 02:30 PM by GirlyMan.)
(21-06-2013 01:57 PM)Dom Wrote:  In fairness, when I entered the vet section no one ever said it was confidential.

Stark made Girly a vet long ago. There was no "expectation of privacy" clause. Stark didn't make Girly sign some sorta non-disclosure agreement and shit. It was just a place where members who been around a long time could have more direct interaction with less interference or derailment (well, 'cept for the fact that vets can interfere and derail better than most Tongue ).

My gripe would be that I see an ever increasing risk of straying far and wide of Stark's vision for this forum. ... And I don't buy the counter-argument shit that the forum is much larger now and as such needs more regulation. Never did.

There was a period of time after Stark said fuck this shit, and Ludacris said fuck this shit, and HellboundPreacher said fuck this shit, and Chas said fuck this shit, that this place looked like Lord of the Flies making up bullshit arbitrary rules and killing Cantor (errr, I mean Piggy) and shit where I felt really embarrassed to even be a member. ... It seems to have stabilized a bit now and Hughsie and the Scot, to their credit, are looking more like Stark.

And kudos go to Deep Thought. He, Stark, Unbeliever, et. al. founded this place. Other than the summer of his discontent where Chas had to assume DBA for a bit, dude keeps this place up and running. He's got the database, he's the administrator, he's got the ultimate power, he is the great Oz behind the curtain, and yet he refuses to take on the mantle of moderator. Smart dude. We got a saying at my work, "If you want to be a manager, you are immediately disqualified."

As it was in the beginning is now and ever shall be, world without end. Amen.
And I will show you something different from either
Your shadow at morning striding behind you
Or your shadow at evening rising to meet you;
I will show you fear in a handful of dust.
[+] 5 users Like GirlyMan's post
21-06-2013, 02:16 PM
(21-06-2013 02:13 PM)Atothetheist Wrote:  Let me tell ya, I talk mad shit about you on the private forum... Just kidding.

It's pretty dull there. I think the only thing exciting about it is the description.

You can only talk for CH though. There could be free beer, crack, and hookers in FTM for all you know. Big Grin

Best
Worst
21-06-2013, 02:19 PM
It's pretty fucking amazing to have such a fast-growing thread without theists involved. Tongue

[Image: klingon_zps7e68578a.jpg]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 8 users Like houseofcantor's post
21-06-2013, 02:19 PM
(21-06-2013 02:16 PM)Hughsie Wrote:  
(21-06-2013 02:13 PM)Atothetheist Wrote:  Let me tell ya, I talk mad shit about you on the private forum... Just kidding.

You can only talk for CH though. There could be free beer, crack, and hookers in FTM for all you know. Big Grin

I'll get there someday, Hughsie.

Someday.

That is, if I am in the good graces of the wonderful staff at TTA.

[Image: 0013382F-E507-48AE-906B-53008666631C-757...cc3639.jpg]
Credit goes to UndercoverAtheist.
[+] 1 user Likes Atothetheist's post
21-06-2013, 02:21 PM

Surprised? I have never been in any forum that didn't have a section where vets, or whatever they happen to be called in the specific message board, discussed things that may be going wrong with the forum, or how to better it, whether to create new sections, whether to adopt some gadget or app or whatever. That is, of course, unless the forum is being run totally autocratically.

[Image: dobie.png]

Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
21-06-2013, 02:22 PM
(21-06-2013 02:15 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  Stark made Girly a vet long ago. There was no "expectation of privacy" clause. Stark didn't make Girly sign some sorta non-disclosure agreement and shit. It was just a place where members who been around a long time could have more direct interaction with less interference or derailment (well, 'cept for the fact that vets can interfere and derail better than most Tongue ).

My gripe would be that I see an ever increasing risk of straying far and wide of Stark's vision for this forum. ... And I don't buy the counter-argument shit that the forum is much larger now and as such needs more regulation. Never did.

There was a period of time after Stark said fuck this shit, and Ludacris said fuck this shit, and HellboundPreacher said fuck this shit, and Chas said fuck this shit, that this place looked like Lord of the Flies making up bullshit arbitrary rules and killing Cantor (errr, I mean Piggy) and shit where I felt really embarrassed to even be a member. ... It seems to have stabilized a bit now and Hughsie and the Scot, to their credit, are looking more like Stark.

Actually when you entered the Vet section there was no CH, it was just FTM and Vets could see it. That forum had (and still does have) "your comments will be kept confidential" in the public description. As far as CH goes I just always assumed it was common courtesy to keep something private that was said in confidence.

PS. I think it was Luc that made you a Vet wasn't it?

Best
Worst