What do you say to a sneeze

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
08-07-2017, 04:14 PM
RE: What do you say to a sneeze
(08-07-2017 04:11 PM)Anjele Wrote:  There's a woman at work who thinks every sneeze requires a full 'God bless you'. This gets pretty annoying when someone in the office has a sneezing fit...she must fully bless each and every one. Dodgy

HOLY FUCKING SHIT! That's intense. I would have to ask her what is the source of that extremely odd superstitious behavior, might find something interesting. I mean totally stupid, but mildly interesting.

DLJ Wrote:And, yes, the principle of freedom of expression works both ways... if someone starts shit, better shit is the best counter-argument.
Big Grin
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes JesseB's post
08-07-2017, 04:23 PM
Was expecting this thread to be bout some crappy sneeze joke, was disappointed.

"If you keep trying to better yourself that's enough for me. We don't decide which hand we are dealt in life, but we make the decision to play it or fold it" - Nishi Karano Kaze
[+] 1 user Likes JDog554's post
08-07-2017, 04:34 PM
I would like to enter my husband in a sneezing contest. I'm pretty sure he has the loudest sneeze west of the Rockies.....maybe even east of the Rockies. I've been in Home Depot on one side of the store and he's been on the total opposite side and I've heard him sneeze.

It's epic. It wakes the dead. It could be measured against the noise level of a jet engine.

When we drive somewhere and he has to sneeze he quickly rolls down the window and sneezes out the window. If there's a passing car they swerve from the sound waves.

Shakespeare's Comedy of Errors.... on Donald J. Trump:

He is deformed, crooked, old, and sere,
Ill-fac’d, worse bodied, shapeless every where;
Vicious, ungentle, foolish, blunt, unkind,
Stigmatical in making, worse in mind.
[+] 3 users Like dancefortwo's post
08-07-2017, 04:51 PM
(08-07-2017 04:23 PM)JDog554 Wrote:  Was expecting this thread to be bout some crappy sneeze joke, was disappointed.

Wouldn't want you to be disappointed. Here is a triple dose for you.

[Image: bbaad411b7cc1fe82e56d40942547668.jpg]

[Image: 04e8c5ec53f97dbb42620f94ae6c28df.jpg]

[Image: e2deb3ce4bc44bf73a2f0c9d892dcc8a.jpg]

Where are we going and why am I in this hand basket?
"Life is not all lovely thorns and singing vultures, you know." ~ Morticia Addams
[+] 5 users Like outtathereligioncloset's post
08-07-2017, 04:53 PM
Okay just one more.

[Image: d49861df3b446338a92f000bcbea26fc.jpg]

Where are we going and why am I in this hand basket?
"Life is not all lovely thorns and singing vultures, you know." ~ Morticia Addams
[+] 2 users Like outtathereligioncloset's post
08-07-2017, 05:23 PM
Gesundheit the first or second time. 3rd time I say "One more for good luck?" Or if you say it before they sneeze many times it prevents them from sneezing.

Don't Live each day like it's your last. Live each day like you have 541 days after that one where every choice you make will have lasting implications to you and the world around you. ~ Tim Minchin
08-07-2017, 07:34 PM
I wish people would stop. Now it's gotten to a point in places where it's considered rude not to say it. For people like me who have photic sneeze reflex, it's annoying to be blessed many times over.

For those who don't know, PSR is a reflex that makes some of us sneeze in bright light or other stimuli that don't cause most others to sneeze. (AKA sun sneezing) If I'm inside and then go into a brighter room or outside, I'll sneeze. I'm fine for a while, but if I go back inside and revisit the brighter area, I sneeze again. My minimum is three good sneezes. But say it's one of those six- or ten-sneeze groups. I want to tell people to STFU so badly.
[+] 2 users Like Clockwork's post
08-07-2017, 07:40 PM
I will often say to my daughter-in-law, who is a multiple sneezer, but with tiny sneezes, "Gracious, are you okay?"

I prefer to say nothing, unless the person is really sick and then I might offer sympathy, tissues or a cup of tea.

My kids, on the other hand...reared atheists...say, "Bless you." Drives me nuts!

"The Ox is slow, but the Earth is patient."
08-07-2017, 07:44 PM
Most of the people in my life have a good sense of humor so when they sneeze I say "Bless you." and then when they say thanks I say "..by satan!" and throw up the horns.

When valour preys on reason, it eats the sword it fights with.
[+] 1 user Likes WhiskeyDebates's post
08-07-2017, 08:47 PM
Even my parrot knows to say "Gesundheit" when someone sneezes. Tongue

[Image: dobie.png]Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
[+] 1 user Likes Dom's post