What do you think about "The Simpsons"

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
19-10-2013, 01:47 PM
Before i used to like the show, but after awhile i started to get tired of it.
Now i have rewatched some, and came to the conclusion that this wasn't that funny. I think i gave into the sheep trend back then, liking because other did.

But otherwise, not meaning to bash it or anything, just think that the series as a whole is not that funny.

What is your opinion on the series?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mnXQdMRi63E
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
19-10-2013, 04:57 PM
RE: What do you think about "The Simpsons"
I like most of the episodes up to season 4, and then only some of them, fewer as the seasons progress. And none from the last several years.

The show was never as funny as Futurama, but early episodes were at least enjoyable. I used to think that its sucking started several years ago, but that's because I only started watching it several years ago, and it was mostly reruns on TV. It started sucking long, long ago.

I wouldn't watch new episodes unless you paid me. It's as bad as Family Guy.

If something can be destroyed by the truth, it might be worth destroying.

[Image: ZcC2kGl.png]
19-10-2013, 05:19 PM
humor tends to get old, I don't find old things as funny as they were. Not because they were bad at the time, is because I got older or the humor zeitgeist changed

[Image: sigvacachica.png]
19-10-2013, 06:27 PM
Very dry humor. Not even deadpan. More like a particular old humor you just needed to acquire a taste for. I loved it. I found it appealing, but I do agree that a big bandwagon was made of it.
19-10-2013, 06:34 PM (This post was last modified: 19-10-2013 06:37 PM by ELK12695.)
It's become trend to hate the Simpsons ever since the movie came out. "Oh, they sold out" this or "It's not funny" that. To be honest, I watched a random episode from Season 22. and I still liked it. Still, the best ones are 3,4,5. The movie had a bit promise, and it was okay to watch it at the cinema. But when I watched it again on DVD, I must admit the story was very unoriginal and predictable(looks like they read too many Carl Barks comics, 'cause how many times has he drawn Donald being chased out of Ducktown for something stupid he has done; it's the same thing, just replace Donald with Homer and the rest of the family).

And for those who never liked it, stop lying:

[Image: 9f6.gif]
19-10-2013, 06:47 PM (This post was last modified: 19-10-2013 06:50 PM by grizzlysnake.)
It was better in the 90's. That is all.
Anyone watch American Dad? Uh..I couldn't find a single fuck to give. Haven't laughed once...and damn it I gave it a good try.

"I don't have to have faith, I have experience." Joseph Campbell
19-10-2013, 09:00 PM
So hip, all this counter-culture talk. Looking forward to the "Now Monty Python's Flying Circus! THAT was humor"

For what they are, I love the Simpsons, Family Guy, and American Dad. It helps to not go into an animated sitcom expecting much intellectual stimulation.
19-10-2013, 09:01 PM
American Dad is very hit-and-miss for me. Some episodes are great, some are terrible, and most are "meh".

If something can be destroyed by the truth, it might be worth destroying.

[Image: ZcC2kGl.png]
19-10-2013, 10:16 PM
I always loved simpsons. Dont care much for the other ones.
19-10-2013, 10:50 PM
Haven't watched them for years now.

Keep meaning to, but forget.

Every year is getting shorter never seem to find the time.
Plans that either come to naught or half a page of scribbled lines. Breathe; Pink Floyd