What do you think about "The Simpsons"

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
19-10-2013, 11:19 PM
RE: What do you think about "The Simpsons"
Seasons 1-2: in a word, uneven.
Seasons 3-8: some of the best TV and sharpest satire ever made.
Seasons 9-16: a pronounced decline (note the departure of many of the original and best creative staff), but still better than most TV. Not that that's saying much.
Seasons 17-25: holy fuck just let it end.

... this is my signature!
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 3 users Like cjlr's post
20-10-2013, 12:13 AM
I watched the first several seasons when they first aired, lost interest after a few years and haven't paid attention to it since. As a kid I had all the Burger king toys, shirts with Bart on them, etc. though. It was my favorite show when it came out, I was always in front of the TV when a new episode came on. I subscribed to a Simpsons magazine and was always trying to get my fanart in it.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
20-10-2013, 01:39 AM
Varies from ha,haha to roflmao. Overall I like it.
Never got what itchy and scratchy was about though.
Was it lampooning ren an stimpy ? Or overly violent cartoons in general, or was it to intentionally aggravate the censors. Whatever the reason its not funny to anyone I've asked.

Theism is to believe what other people claim, Atheism is to ask "why should I".
20-10-2013, 03:37 AM
Used to love it. But it got old. Characters became stereotypes of themselves.

. . . ................................ ......................................... . [Image: 2dsmnow.gif] Eat at Joe's
20-10-2013, 06:46 AM
(20-10-2013 01:39 AM)sporehux Wrote:  Varies from ha,haha to roflmao. Overall I like it.
Never got what itchy and scratchy was about though.
Was it lampooning ren an stimpy ? Or overly violent cartoons in general, or was it to intentionally aggravate the censors. Whatever the reason its not funny to anyone I've asked.
It was just a more realistic Tom and Jerry. Instead of them being pancaked and coming back from it, Itchy and scratchy break their bones.

"I don't have to have faith, I have experience." Joseph Campbell
20-10-2013, 07:00 AM
^Yeah, that's how I interpreted Ithcy and scratchy. Like Tom and Jerry would get into all sorts of mischief and do things that would kill each other in real life,but it was softened and meant to be funny; but Itchy and Scratchy would do the same horrible things with more horrible results. I mean, Wile E Coyote was always playing with bombs and the worst that happened to him was his fur would be covered with soot. I think it was making fun of that.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
20-10-2013, 07:05 AM
ok that that sort of makes sense now, but still unfunny.
I see the south park gore as a shotgun for sarcasm so that doesn't bother me.

Theism is to believe what other people claim, Atheism is to ask "why should I".
20-10-2013, 11:58 AM
What do you think about "The Simpsons"
(20-10-2013 07:00 AM)amyb Wrote:  ^Yeah, that's how I interpreted Ithcy and scratchy. Like Tom and Jerry would get into all sorts of mischief and do things that would kill each other in real life,but it was softened and meant to be funny; but Itchy and Scratchy would do the same horrible things with more horrible results. I mean, Wile E Coyote was always playing with bombs and the worst that happened to him was his fur would be covered with soot. I think it was making fun of that.

Yes I think itchy and scratchy is funny. I grew up wit Tom and Jerry, so it is clearly a satire of that.