What do you think of LGBTQ Christians?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
12-08-2015, 01:56 PM
RE: What do you think of LGBTQ Christians?
(12-08-2015 01:38 PM)Alla Wrote:  Your question: foster parents can become Gods. They will be able to procreate their own children.

So God magically grants them this ability again. I reiterate my previous question: why can God do this for infertile heterosexual couples but not for infertile homosexual couples?

(12-08-2015 01:38 PM)Alla Wrote:  Foster children can become parents themselves.

This is irrelevant.

(12-08-2015 01:38 PM)Alla Wrote:  In order to become a parent in eternity which means to become God you have to have eternal companion. Without eternal companion you can not be God.

What about homosexual partnerships makes them less of an "eternal companion" deal than heterosexual ones? I know more than a few homosexual couples who are more loving and devoted to one another than most heterosexual ones I know. Their love is no less valid and real than that between two heterosexual partners.

(12-08-2015 01:38 PM)Alla Wrote:  Only male and female can procreate.

Unless they can't, at which point God will magically correct this upon entering the next life, given that they are "eternal companions". But he refuses to do this for homosexual couples... why, exactly?

(12-08-2015 01:38 PM)Alla Wrote:  If you can not procreate your own children what kind of God are you?

Again, this applies to heterosexual couples as well as homosexual ones.

And this is completely ignoring the fact that being able to produce children does not equate to actually being capable of having a family. There are many couples out there who are very, very good at having children - usually far too many - but terrible at raising them, which leaves their lives ruined and the children to suffer in an abusive, deprived environment. Many of these families have children who absolutely refuse to acknowledge their relation to the other members because of how horrible they are, while, for example, my homosexual uncle's adopted daughter would be horrified at the suggestion that her two fathers are not her parents.

And this is still ignoring the idea of casual hook-ups between heterosexual partners leading to unwanted pregnancy and single-mother status for the woman involved. Does the father get into Heaven despite the fact that he abandoned her the moment the test turned up positive? Is the mother forced to join with him in eternal "holy" matrimony simply because she forgot to take her pill, despite the fact that he's an absolute bastard?

Being able to have sex and give birth is not at all impressive. It is not at all holy. To speak of it as though it is some sort of sacred act is to betray incredible naivete about the way the world actually works. To base your entire view of what love, holiness, and the way couples "should" work around it is, bluntly, quite stupid.

(12-08-2015 01:38 PM)Alla Wrote:  How is it possible that God can not do what even imperfect mortal man can do?

Does God also get diarrhea after eating some bad tacos?

Why exalt one biological function over another?

"Owl," said Rabbit shortly, "you and I have brains. The others have fluff. If there is any thinking to be done in this Forest - and when I say thinking I mean thinking - you and I must do it."
- A. A. Milne, The House at Pooh Corner
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Unbeliever's post
12-08-2015, 01:56 PM
(12-08-2015 01:53 PM)Alla Wrote:  
(12-08-2015 01:43 PM)pablo Wrote:  I've heard about that, not buying it so much. No
You have no reason to buy it. I totally understand you. I was an atheist.

I'm not interested in derailing this thread any further to boost your ego.
[+] 1 user Likes pablo's post
12-08-2015, 02:24 PM
(12-08-2015 01:56 PM)Unbeliever Wrote:  So God magically grants them this ability again.
No, not magically. He creates(organizes) for them new bodies that have female and male organs as it was in mortality. Bodies without any illness.
(12-08-2015 01:56 PM)Unbeliever Wrote:  I reiterate my previous question: why can God do this for infertile heterosexual couples but not for infertile homosexual couples?
You need opposite gender organs to procreate. I thought everybody knows this.
(12-08-2015 01:56 PM)Unbeliever Wrote:  What about homosexual partnerships makes them less of an "eternal companion" deal than heterosexual ones? I know more than a few homosexual couples who are more loving and devoted to one another than most heterosexual ones I know. Their love is no less valid and real than that between two heterosexual partners.
If you can not procreate you are NOT God. What kind of God are you if you can not do what mortal men can do?
(12-08-2015 01:56 PM)Unbeliever Wrote:  Unless they can't, at which point God will magically correct this upon entering the next life, given that they are "eternal companions". But he refuses to do this for homosexual couples... why, exactly?
true God is not magician. There is no magic in real world. Magic is illusion/trick.
false god is magician I guess.

(12-08-2015 01:56 PM)Unbeliever Wrote:  And this is completely ignoring the fact that being able to produce children does not equate to actually being capable of having a family. There are many couples out there who are very, very good at having children - usually far too many - but terrible at raising them, which leaves their lives ruined and the children to suffer in an abusive, deprived environment. Many of these families have children who absolutely refuse to acknowledge their relation to the other members because of how horrible they are, while, for example, my homosexual uncle's adopted daughter would be horrified at the suggestion that her two fathers are not her parents.
You are not God if you can not do such easy thing as procreate your own children.
What kind of God are you? even mortal men can do this.
(12-08-2015 01:56 PM)Unbeliever Wrote:  And this is still ignoring the idea of casual hook-ups between heterosexual partners leading to unwanted pregnancy and single-mother status for the woman involved. Does the father get into Heaven despite the fact that he abandoned her the moment the test turned up positive?
If he makes the right thing and marry her in the Temple then he can become God. They will be eternal companions.
If they choose not to do this their child will be adopted in eternity to those who became Gods.
(12-08-2015 01:56 PM)Unbeliever Wrote:  Is the mother forced to join with him in eternal "holy" matrimony simply because she forgot to take her pill, despite the fact that he's an absolute bastard?
No, she can become single for eternity and she will never become like God, she will never have eternal progression.
or
she can marry another man, he can adopt her child, then they can be sealed in the Temple as a family for all eternity.
(12-08-2015 01:56 PM)Unbeliever Wrote:  Being able to have sex and give birth is not at all impressive.
OK, but Gods have ability to do even things that are not impressive.
(12-08-2015 01:56 PM)Unbeliever Wrote:  It is not at all holy.
Everything what is sanctified by God is holy. God sanctifies sex in marriage.
(12-08-2015 01:56 PM)Unbeliever Wrote:  To speak of it as though it is some sort of sacred act
Sex between husband and wife are sacred act. It is blessed and sanctified by God.
Sex is important part of relationship between husband and wife. It is not everything but important.
(12-08-2015 01:56 PM)Unbeliever Wrote:  
(12-08-2015 01:38 PM)Alla Wrote:  How is it possible that God can not do what even imperfect mortal man can do?
Does God also get diarrhea after eating some bad tacos?
I don't think so. Diarrhea is illness(imperfection). God's physical body is perfect.
Not to have ability to procreate is illness(imperfection). Perfect people(Gods) do not have this problem.
(12-08-2015 01:56 PM)Unbeliever Wrote:  Why exalt one biological function over another?
One is illness or imperfection(I talk about diarrhea) and another(ability to procreate) is not.

English is my second language.
I AM DEPLORABLE AND IRREDEEMABLE
SHE PERSISTED WE RESISTED
12-08-2015, 02:25 PM
(12-08-2015 01:56 PM)pablo Wrote:  I'm not interested in derailing this thread any further to boost your ego.
that is fine.

English is my second language.
I AM DEPLORABLE AND IRREDEEMABLE
SHE PERSISTED WE RESISTED
12-08-2015, 02:32 PM
(12-08-2015 02:24 PM)Alla Wrote:  
(12-08-2015 01:56 PM)Unbeliever Wrote:  So God magically grants them this ability again.
No, not magically. He creates(organizes) for them new bodies that have female and male organs as it was in mortality. Bodies without any illness.

I see no actual distinction being made which renders the term "magic" any less applicable.

(12-08-2015 01:56 PM)Unbeliever Wrote:  I reiterate my previous question: why can God do this for infertile heterosexual couples but not for infertile homosexual couples?
You need opposite gender organs to procreate. I thought everybody knows this.

If God is magically creating new, "perfect" bodies anyway, why can he not alter one to make it capable of bearing children (or providing sperm)?

(12-08-2015 01:56 PM)Unbeliever Wrote:  What about homosexual partnerships makes them less of an "eternal companion" deal than heterosexual ones? I know more than a few homosexual couples who are more loving and devoted to one another than most heterosexual ones I know. Their love is no less valid and real than that between two heterosexual partners.
If you can not procreate you are NOT God. What kind of God are you if you can not do what mortal men can do?

That is in no way an answer to the question posed. Re-read what you were responding to and try again, please, because it is an important question.

(12-08-2015 01:56 PM)Unbeliever Wrote:  And this is completely ignoring the fact that being able to produce children does not equate to actually being capable of having a family. There are many couples out there who are very, very good at having children - usually far too many - but terrible at raising them, which leaves their lives ruined and the children to suffer in an abusive, deprived environment. Many of these families have children who absolutely refuse to acknowledge their relation to the other members because of how horrible they are, while, for example, my homosexual uncle's adopted daughter would be horrified at the suggestion that her two fathers are not her parents.
You are not God if you can not do such easy thing as procreate your own children.
What kind of God are you? even mortal men can do this.

This still isn't an answer to my question. It isn't even a coherent response to a different question. In what way do you think this addresses the point raised?

(12-08-2015 01:56 PM)Unbeliever Wrote:  And this is still ignoring the idea of casual hook-ups between heterosexual partners leading to unwanted pregnancy and single-mother status for the woman involved. Does the father get into Heaven despite the fact that he abandoned her the moment the test turned up positive?
If he makes the right thing and marry her in the Temple then he can become God. They will be eternal companions.
If they choose not to do this their child will be adopted in eternity to those who became Gods.

So simply bearing a child in this world isn't enough, then. Wonderful. Glad we've cleared that up.

So what, then, is the reason for homosexual couples being rejected?

(12-08-2015 01:56 PM)Unbeliever Wrote:  Is the mother forced to join with him in eternal "holy" matrimony simply because she forgot to take her pill, despite the fact that he's an absolute bastard?
No, she can become single for eternity and she will never become like God, she will never have eternal progression.
or
she can marry another man, he can adopt her child, then they can be sealed in the Temple as a family for all eternity.

So rape victims who refuse to marry the man who forcibly impregnated them are screwed unless they find another man to adopt the child?

Your god is a monster.

"Owl," said Rabbit shortly, "you and I have brains. The others have fluff. If there is any thinking to be done in this Forest - and when I say thinking I mean thinking - you and I must do it."
- A. A. Milne, The House at Pooh Corner
[+] 2 users Like Unbeliever's post
12-08-2015, 02:45 PM
Though we have a long way to go to making it a reliable mechanism of reproduction, it turns out that no, it's not in fact necessary to have sperm and egg (opposite-gendered parents) to make offspring:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/science/nature/3643847.stm

"Theology made no provision for evolution. The biblical authors had missed the most important revelation of all! Could it be that they were not really privy to the thoughts of God?" - E. O. Wilson
[+] 1 user Likes RocketSurgeon76's post
12-08-2015, 02:46 PM
(12-08-2015 01:51 PM)Alla Wrote:  "All powerful"
1) God is all-powerful only in His Kingdom. He didn't say that He is omnipotent in kingdom's that are not His. He is NOT all-powerful in the kingdoms of other Gods.

Wait, what? I thought Mormonism was monotheistic. You're saying there are multiple Gods. Mormons are polytheistic?

There is only one really serious philosophical question, and that is suicide. -Camus
[+] 2 users Like GirlyMan's post
12-08-2015, 02:54 PM
(12-08-2015 02:46 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  
(12-08-2015 01:51 PM)Alla Wrote:  "All powerful"
1) God is all-powerful only in His Kingdom. He didn't say that He is omnipotent in kingdom's that are not His. He is NOT all-powerful in the kingdoms of other Gods.

Wait, what? I thought Mormonism was monotheistic. You're saying there are multiple Gods. Mormons are polytheistic?

Or god is impotent instead of omnipotent.

Misprints happen. Yes

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
"Anti-environmentalism is like standing in front of a forest and going 'quick kill them they're coming right for us!'" - Jake Farr-Wharton, The Imaginary Friend Show.
[+] 3 users Like Free Thought's post
12-08-2015, 03:05 PM
Makes perfect sense to me. Christianity; more than any other religion, is quite pliable in it's way of thinking. If you do not agree with the literal reading of a certain passage, you can create your own sect of Christianity simply by ignoring it completely, or by changing it's meaning to whatever you want it to mean and claim that it is a symbolic meaning or the hidden meaning behind the passage or text can only be known to those who worship and know your jesus only in the way that YOU do as well.

It is precicesly why there is over 30,000 different sects of Christianity. It has become something of a mix and match and invent your own religion with the staple white boy with blue eyes that entrances everyone. Since the vast majority of people find this physical appearance of a deity to be pleasing, it has simply become the most common staple in which people use as a template to believe in whatever they want to.

So homosexual people who want to remain christians of course will simply ignore the passages which clearly lables being gay as evil and the ones that declare they be put to death for their lifestyles as well and just invent their own more loving tolerable jesus that does not hate gays.

So seeing as everyone else already makes up whatever they want to believe in the first place, rather than what is actually written on the pages themselves, it is not a surprise that not only gays but females and people of different colored skin are also Christian as well.

My Youtube channel if anyone is interested.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCEkRdbq...rLEz-0jEHQ
[+] 3 users Like Shadow Fox's post
12-08-2015, 03:13 PM
You forgot the next step, Shadow Fox:

1) Pick a faith out of the thousands of options.
2) Cherry-pick the parts you like from the holy book(s) of that faith.
3) Invent anything you can't find to cherry-pick, and/or "reinterpret" the parts you want.
4) THEN PERSECUTE THE CRAP OUT OF OTHERS WHO DON'T BELIEVE WHAT YOU BELIEVE!

"Theology made no provision for evolution. The biblical authors had missed the most important revelation of all! Could it be that they were not really privy to the thoughts of God?" - E. O. Wilson
[+] 2 users Like RocketSurgeon76's post