What do you think of LGBTQ Christians?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
13-08-2015, 09:22 PM
RE: What do you think of LGBTQ Christians?
(13-08-2015 09:18 PM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  You don't have to belong to a religion to be a hypocrite.

... but it certainly helps ...

Your faith is not evidence, your opinion is not fact, and your bias is not wisdom
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 4 users Like Reducetarian's post
13-08-2015, 09:44 PM
BryanS - One of the funniest moments of my life was earlier this week, when my (Christian, but an evolutionary biologist/getneticist/biochemist) fiancee was asking my father (Young Earth Creationist, but a Chemical/Nuclear Engineer) about radioisometric dating and atomic theory (which tells us how old the earth is), and listening to a string of:

Okay A = ____, right?

Okay, therefore B, right?

Okay, therefore C... *SNAP!*

("Snap" being the imaginary but clearly-detectable sound of the fuse blowing in father's brain, when the conclusion of his knowledge would have come into contact/contrast with his faith-beliefs about a 6000-year-old world. It's a wonder to behold. I think she was a little mean to tease him like that, since my folks are soooo delighted I'm marrying a Christian, and they totally adore her, so she easily suckered him into territory I can't get him to even approach.)

"Theology made no provision for evolution. The biblical authors had missed the most important revelation of all! Could it be that they were not really privy to the thoughts of God?" - E. O. Wilson
[+] 4 users Like RocketSurgeon76's post
13-08-2015, 10:01 PM
(13-08-2015 09:44 PM)RocketSurgeon76 Wrote:  BryanS - One of the funniest moments of my life was earlier this week, when my (Christian, but an evolutionary biologist/getneticist/biochemist) fiancee was asking my father (Young Earth Creationist, but a Chemical/Nuclear Engineer) about radioisometric dating and atomic theory (which tells us how old the earth is), and listening to a string of:

Okay A = ____, right?

Okay, therefore B, right?

Okay, therefore C... *SNAP!*

("Snap" being the imaginary but clearly-detectable sound of the fuse blowing in father's brain, when the conclusion of his knowledge would have come into contact/contrast with his faith-beliefs about a 6000-year-old world. It's a wonder to behold. I think she was a little mean to tease him like that, since my folks are soooo delighted I'm marrying a Christian, and they totally adore her, so she easily suckered him into territory I can't get him to even approach.)

That really is something to see, a young earth Creationist who is an engineer. Engineers are so rational and methodical in thinking otherwise. Only religion could do that to them.
[+] 1 user Likes BryanS's post
13-08-2015, 10:09 PM
(13-08-2015 09:18 PM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  You don't have to belong to a religion to be a hypocrite.

No. But it sure helps. Big Grin
(oops ... didn't see someone beat me to it). Tongue

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
14-08-2015, 05:26 AM
(13-08-2015 01:20 PM)Alla Wrote:  That is why God doesn't sanctify gay marriage. They won't become Gods. God can not support this/take away an opportunity
One more thing. Gods can not break natural laws. If They do They can not be Gods any more.

Does this mean that gods can only create worlds populated by humans as the sentient species, or can they create a world with what we would consider aliens? Can they create a world with humans that have three sexes instead of two*?

* Actually, even in this world, there are more than two sexes. It's just XX and XY are the most common combinations of chromosomes. Combinations like X, XXX, XXY, and XYY are possible. Intersex people totally exist in the really real world.

(13-08-2015 01:20 PM)Alla Wrote:  Gods can not do what is not possible according to the natural laws. For example, God can not create something out of nothing. God can not turn something into absolutely nothing.

Then, where does the matter for all of these new universes come from? If a non-zero number of people from this world become gods, and each gets a universe, wouldn't that tautologically imply an increase in matter and energy?
14-08-2015, 06:01 AM
(13-08-2015 07:20 PM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  Care to explain how my views on homosexuality make me a hypocrite?

You have even that backwards. It is your hypocrisy that is informing your views.

Atheism: it's not just for communists any more!
America July 4 1776 - November 8 2016 RIP
[+] 1 user Likes unfogged's post
14-08-2015, 06:36 AM
(14-08-2015 06:01 AM)unfogged Wrote:  
(13-08-2015 07:20 PM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  Care to explain how my views on homosexuality make me a hypocrite?

You have even that backwards. It is your hypocrisy that is informing your views.
Ok, sure. Roll with that. Now explain how I am a hypocrite please. Thank you.
14-08-2015, 07:20 AM
(14-08-2015 06:36 AM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  
(14-08-2015 06:01 AM)unfogged Wrote:  You have even that backwards. It is your hypocrisy that is informing your views.
Ok, sure. Roll with that. Now explain how I am a hypocrite please. Thank you.

Well if you're not lying about being a nasty shit, then you're a nasty shit, so... even if you're not a hypocrite it hardly counts as a positive.

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
14-08-2015, 07:23 AM
(14-08-2015 07:20 AM)morondog Wrote:  
(14-08-2015 06:36 AM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  Ok, sure. Roll with that. Now explain how I am a hypocrite please. Thank you.

Well if you're not lying about being a nasty shit, then you're a nasty shit, so... even if you're not a hypocrite it hardly counts as a positive.
Still having still having trouble proving any proving any point I see. So what makes me a nasty s*** other than your personal opinion if you don't mind my asking? Just curious thanks.
14-08-2015, 07:35 AM
(14-08-2015 07:23 AM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  
(14-08-2015 07:20 AM)morondog Wrote:  Well if you're not lying about being a nasty shit, then you're a nasty shit, so... even if you're not a hypocrite it hardly counts as a positive.
Still having still having trouble proving any proving any point I see. So what makes me a nasty s*** other than your personal opinion if you don't mind my asking? Just curious thanks.

See, Pops, see that lil' red number next to your name? That means it ain't just me Wink But even if it was, since subjective personal evidence is all you need for Jesus, I'll submit my personal opinion of you as evidence that you are indeed, a piece of crap. Or if you don't like that dig about subjective evidence, you could try posting some *objective* evidence that Jesus was the son of God Smile I await your refutation.

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
[+] 1 user Likes morondog's post