What do you think of LGBTQ Christians?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
11-08-2015, 02:37 PM
RE: What do you think of LGBTQ Christians?
Wait, hold up, where did the Q come from?? At last count we were up to LBGT. i didn't get the memo about the Q . . .

(22-08-2015 07:30 PM)Revenant77x Wrote:  It is by will alone I set my brows in motion it is by the conditioner of avocado that the brows acquire volume the skin acquires spots the spots become a warning. It is by will alone I set my brows in motion.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
11-08-2015, 02:44 PM
Well, while I know most African Americans are Christian, in this country, I tend to agree with Chris Rock on the subject, doubly so if you're LGBTQ:

[Image: th?id=JN.pzScXXI8VFqVJCW%2fTl%2bnyA&...mp;amp;P=0]

And I certainly agree that they're doing us a favor by preaching hate and calling it love... many people (even dedicated Christians) look at that and say, "what the hell?" because it violates modern concepts of moral treatment of our fellow human beings. It sets up a cognitive dissonance that is, in my opinion, one of the reasons we've seen such a massive rise in the number of people calling themselves "other/none" on the religion question of the US Census in 2010 and other such polls.

"Theology made no provision for evolution. The biblical authors had missed the most important revelation of all! Could it be that they were not really privy to the thoughts of God?" - E. O. Wilson
Find all posts by this user
[+] 8 users Like RocketSurgeon76's post
11-08-2015, 02:48 PM
Q stands for "queer", an attempt at an all-inclusive descriptor for the "other categories" in that culture, including asexuals, for instance. You could make LGBT about 30 letters long, if you tried to include all categories, so LGBTQ has become the common-use term.

"Theology made no provision for evolution. The biblical authors had missed the most important revelation of all! Could it be that they were not really privy to the thoughts of God?" - E. O. Wilson
[+] 1 user Likes RocketSurgeon76's post
11-08-2015, 02:48 PM
I think most of them are conflicted, or would be is the wall between their faith and their sexuality weakened in the least.

Compartmentalization allows for strange bedfellows to sleep in one mind ... But waking up is more agitating for it.
11-08-2015, 02:52 PM
(11-08-2015 02:48 PM)RocketSurgeon76 Wrote:  Q stands for "queer", an attempt at an all-inclusive descriptor for the "other categories" in that culture, including asexuals, for instance. You could make LGBT about 30 letters long, if you tried to include all categories, so LGBTQ has become the common-use term.

Thanks for clearing that up!

(22-08-2015 07:30 PM)Revenant77x Wrote:  It is by will alone I set my brows in motion it is by the conditioner of avocado that the brows acquire volume the skin acquires spots the spots become a warning. It is by will alone I set my brows in motion.
[+] 1 user Likes Octapulse's post
11-08-2015, 02:55 PM
(11-08-2015 02:52 PM)Octapulse Wrote:  
(11-08-2015 02:48 PM)RocketSurgeon76 Wrote:  Q stands for "queer", an attempt at an all-inclusive descriptor for the "other categories" in that culture, including asexuals, for instance. You could make LGBT about 30 letters long, if you tried to include all categories, so LGBTQ has become the common-use term.

Thanks for clearing that up!

No tissue required!

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
[+] 2 users Like morondog's post
11-08-2015, 03:33 PM

Yeah, to my knowledge, the full acronym is "LGBTQIUAAPS2AA"...don't know why there are four A's there, don't know why there is a 2, I don't know what the U means...Laugh out load
[+] 1 user Likes PrettyGirlRock's post
11-08-2015, 03:38 PM
(11-08-2015 02:35 PM)Alla Wrote:  What do I think about LGBTQ Christians?
They are children of God.
I would bake a cake for their gay wedding.
I do not betray my faith by serving children of God.

Ok.

Is that just your personal opinion?

What do they teach you in church?
[+] 1 user Likes Mark Fulton's post
11-08-2015, 03:41 PM
These are all I know:

Lesbian
Gay
Bisexual
Transgender
Transsexual
Queer
Intersex
Asexual

Two-spirited
Questioning
Ally

The others baffle me. Perhaps the 2 = 2-spirited?

[+] 1 user Likes RocketSurgeon76's post
11-08-2015, 03:44 PM
(11-08-2015 10:19 AM)PrettyGirlRock Wrote:  I hoping the rainbow will catch your eye Laugh out load I'm not sure if this is the right forum to post this question in. If it isn't, please tell me so I don't tick everyone off.

I'm wondering what you all think about Christians who are lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, queer/questioning, etc. Right before I deconverted, I used a forum for LGBTQ Christians. When I joined, I was questioning then I eventually found out that I was bisexual. Someone (who I'm no longer friends) from school with wanted me to join the forum because she was also Christian and struggling with her sexuality, and she said the forum was helping her. I will admit, I did enjoy the time I spent on the forum, before I told everyone that I was a deist and later an agnostic then I basically got harassed and I felt compelled to leave.
To be honest, they are no better than the average conservative who is against their rights and what not. A lot of people on that site are extremely militant when it comes to their faith--and not in a passionate way, I would say in a very threatening and insecure way--and it noticed it was more "Christian" then "LGBTQ" which confused me a little. They did the typical Christian stuff, denying that they had a burden of proof and thinking that evil in the world and hell were both justified. There are a lot of condescending adults there who loved to through out the "you're too young" card at me when they didn't want to answer my questions (I've actually noticed...religious adults are so condescending, unlike atheist or non-religious adults...not surprising honestly). I have a lot of good memories from being on that website but I also have a lot of bad ones. I try to get over my emotions though and not base all LGBTQ Christians on the really snobby or stupid ones I remember from that forum.

Now that I've been an atheist for a while now, and I'm more confident in my sexuality, I personally think that while you can be Christian and LGBTQ (I mean it's your right)...you're kind of shooting yourself in the foot. A lot of Christians think you're going to hell and they don't want you to have rights. In African countries like Uganda, you can go to jail for being gay. The Bible says that homosexuality is an abomination and talks about it in a negative light in both the OT and the NT. Some LGBTQ Christians interpret this as homosexual sex being bad instead of homosexuality itself. So they just remain celibate for life. I don't really think that's fair for them that they can't have sex just because God thinks it's gross or whatever. I'm not sure if these celibate Christians think they can get married or not.

Well...I kind of dumbed down my opinion a little bit because it's actually a lot stronger than that but I think it's more emotional than objective, because I am part of the LGBTQ community. And I'm not actually sure if these Biblical verses that anti-gay Christians love to pull out are actually talking about homosexual intercourse as opposed to homosexuality and same-sex attractions...
I want to know what everyone else thinks about this, if that is okay Smile

They confuse me a little.

I mean, people being part of a religion which calls them abominations and demands their being stoned to death?
It's silly.

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
"Anti-environmentalism is like standing in front of a forest and going 'quick kill them they're coming right for us!'" - Jake Farr-Wharton, The Imaginary Friend Show.
[+] 2 users Like Free Thought's post