What do you think of LGBTQ Christians?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
11-08-2015, 03:48 PM (This post was last modified: 11-08-2015 03:59 PM by PrettyGirlRock.)
RE: What do you think of LGBTQ Christians?
Well, I'm feeling a bit encouraged by Reltzik. I want to add something I intentionally didn't say when I originally posted this.

I find it ironic that LGBTQ Christians think that they're going to heaven but everyone else is still going to hell. I feel like they made an exception for themselves, and I feel like that exception comes from cherry-picking the Bible, because I do think that the Bible condemns homosexuality and I think Christianity, from what the Bible says and based on the actions of most Christians, is a homophobic religion. I have a huge problem with the concept of hell, I think it's one of the things that made me start questioning everything. It's a selfish and sadistic belief to think that you are one of the few who got it right and gets to be rewarded while everyone else, e.g. the majority of the world, burns for eternity because they "deserved" it. They are always being told that they are going to hell and what not because they are gay...and now they're doing that to non-Christians as well. They have every right to have their (stupid) beliefs and opinions but they are less credible and they are being somewhat hypocritical.

On a side note...boy, you all answer really quickly.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
11-08-2015, 03:51 PM
(11-08-2015 03:48 PM)PrettyGirlRock Wrote:  On a side note...boy, you all answer really quickly.

you think what was quick? Just wait to see how quickly we can dogpile theists.

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
"Anti-environmentalism is like standing in front of a forest and going 'quick kill them they're coming right for us!'" - Jake Farr-Wharton, The Imaginary Friend Show.
[+] 3 users Like Free Thought's post
11-08-2015, 04:25 PM
Well considering half the Christians are divorced, something Jesus spent a LOT of time forbidding, and yet said not one word about homosexuality, I find their bigotry and cherry-picking to be straight-out evil. There's no other term I can come up with for driving so many young LGBTQ youth (and even adults) to the point of suicide from social torment via religion, when they ignore and/or treat divorce like it's no big deal.

When I see Christians screaming slurs and holding signs for people coming out of Divorce Court, I might revise my opinion of them. (Or, alternately, when they stop with the homophobia.)

"Theology made no provision for evolution. The biblical authors had missed the most important revelation of all! Could it be that they were not really privy to the thoughts of God?" - E. O. Wilson
[+] 2 users Like RocketSurgeon76's post
11-08-2015, 04:55 PM
Walking contradiction in terms.

"If we are honest—and scientists have to be—we must admit that religion is a jumble of false assertions, with no basis in reality.
The very idea of God is a product of the human imagination."
- Paul Dirac
11-08-2015, 07:04 PM
(11-08-2015 10:19 AM)PrettyGirlRock Wrote:  And I'm not actually sure if these Biblical verses that anti-gay Christians love to pull out are actually talking about homosexual intercourse as opposed to homosexuality and same-sex attractions...
I want to know what everyone else thinks about this, if that is okay Smile
What does it matter to me if two consenting adults love each other, shake hands, kiss, fuck or what not?

I really don't get why religious folk take it upon themselves to interfere in other people's lives.

You believe your invisible, hidden, all powerful god doesn't like certain things? Well, so f'n what. That's its problem not mine, not yours and not the gay people's problem. If god doesn't like it then let god deal with it.
[+] 1 user Likes Stevil's post
11-08-2015, 08:00 PM
(11-08-2015 07:04 PM)Stevil Wrote:  
(11-08-2015 10:19 AM)PrettyGirlRock Wrote:  And I'm not actually sure if these Biblical verses that anti-gay Christians love to pull out are actually talking about homosexual intercourse as opposed to homosexuality and same-sex attractions...
I want to know what everyone else thinks about this, if that is okay Smile
What does it matter to me if two consenting adults love each other, shake hands, kiss, fuck or what not?

I really don't get why religious folk take it upon themselves to interfere in other people's lives.

You believe your invisible, hidden, all powerful god doesn't like certain things? Well, so f'n what. That's its problem not mine, not yours and not the gay people's problem. If god doesn't like it then let god deal with it.

The real irony is that here in America, these busybodies so intent on leveraging government power against gays are the same sonsabitches who complain about overarching government powers intruding into personal lives.
[+] 4 users Like Thumpalumpacus's post
11-08-2015, 08:01 PM
(11-08-2015 03:38 PM)Mark Fulton Wrote:  
(11-08-2015 02:35 PM)Alla Wrote:  What do I think about LGBTQ Christians?
They are children of God.
I would bake a cake for their gay wedding.
I do not betray my faith by serving children of God.

Ok.

Is that just your personal opinion?

What do they teach you in church?
This is what Spirit teaches me. And Prophets.
Yes, they (Spirit and Prophets) teach to love all children of God and to serve them.
To attend gay marriage is not a sin. To bake a cake for gay couple is not a sin. It is act of love and caring.
This is what Spirit tells me personally. Prophets confirm this.
P.S. All LDS with whom I talked about this(gay people) say this is what Spirit teaches them, too.

English is my second language.
I AM DEPLORABLE AND IRREDEEMABLE
SHE PERSISTED WE RESISTED
11-08-2015, 08:05 PM
(11-08-2015 08:01 PM)Alla Wrote:  
(11-08-2015 03:38 PM)Mark Fulton Wrote:  Ok.

Yes, they (Spirit and Prophets) teach to love all children of God and to serve them.
To attend gay marriage is not a sin. To bake a cake for gay couple is not a sin. It is act of love and caring.
P.S. All LDS with whom I talked about this(gay people) say this is what Spirit teaches them, too.

It's a shame that those same tolerant Mormons of which you speak supported Prop 8 in California to the tune of millions of dollars at the request of the church hierarchy. Pity they couldn't have the courage of the convictions you allege they have, and chose instead to deny equal rights for all.
[+] 2 users Like Thumpalumpacus's post
11-08-2015, 08:13 PM
(11-08-2015 08:01 PM)Alla Wrote:  
(11-08-2015 03:38 PM)Mark Fulton Wrote:  Ok.

Though I support your views on this issue (beside the part about Spirit, Prophets and revelation since I view those things has worthless and false), the Mormon Church consider homosexuality against God's will, but not reprehensible if homosexuals abstain themselves from having intercourses or relationships. Of course, all homosexual in the Mormon Church have described their experience as mental torture build on self-loathing, rejection and internalised homophobia. Many have been subjected to «therapy» to «cure» them from their homosexuality almost systematically with terrible results. I thought you might want to know the official position of your cult on that specific issue.
[+] 4 users Like epronovost's post
11-08-2015, 08:15 PM
(11-08-2015 08:05 PM)Thumpalumpacus Wrote:  It's a shame that those same tolerant Mormons of which you speak supported Prop 8 in California to the tune of millions of dollars at the request of the church hierarchy. Pity they couldn't have the courage of the convictions you allege they have, and chose instead to deny equal rights for all.
God did not sanctified gay marriage.
I will not rebel against God.
I don't want to do this.
I have courage to say this.
But my Heavenly Father never said that to love gay people and to serve them is sin. To love and to serve them is righteousness.

English is my second language.
I AM DEPLORABLE AND IRREDEEMABLE
SHE PERSISTED WE RESISTED