What do you think of LGBTQ Christians?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
11-08-2015, 11:20 PM
RE: What do you think of LGBTQ Christians?
(11-08-2015 11:18 PM)Unbeliever Wrote:  
(11-08-2015 09:37 PM)Alla Wrote:  God doesn't approve gay marriage.
Let me tell you why He doesn't do it. Not because God doesn't understand true feelings and sincere desires of these wonderful people in LGBT community.
But if He let them do it(marry) they will never become Gods. God Father wants them to become Gods.
What is Godhood?
Godhood is to become Heavenly Parent and to have children/posterity. Only male and female together procreate.

How do infertile women and sterile men fit into this framework?

Stop bringing up inconvenient facts! What kind of believer are you!? Weeping

[Image: E3WvRwZ.gif]
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 4 users Like EvolutionKills's post
12-08-2015, 01:05 AM
(11-08-2015 11:20 PM)EvolutionKills Wrote:  Stop bringing up inconvenient facts! What kind of believer are you!? Weeping

The best kind.

"Owl," said Rabbit shortly, "you and I have brains. The others have fluff. If there is any thinking to be done in this Forest - and when I say thinking I mean thinking - you and I must do it."
- A. A. Milne, The House at Pooh Corner
[+] 4 users Like Unbeliever's post
12-08-2015, 01:32 AM
(12-08-2015 01:05 AM)Unbeliever Wrote:  
(11-08-2015 11:20 PM)EvolutionKills Wrote:  Stop bringing up inconvenient facts! What kind of believer are you!? Weeping

The best kind.

Dead?

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
12-08-2015, 02:17 AM
(12-08-2015 01:32 AM)morondog Wrote:  
(12-08-2015 01:05 AM)Unbeliever Wrote:  The best kind.

Dead?

No, Un

[Image: Guilmon-41189.gif] https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCOW_Ioi2wtuPa88FvBmnBgQ my youtube
12-08-2015, 03:16 AM
(12-08-2015 02:17 AM)Metazoa Zeke Wrote:  
(12-08-2015 01:32 AM)morondog Wrote:  Dead?

No, Un

Undead?

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
[+] 2 users Like morondog's post
12-08-2015, 06:26 AM
(11-08-2015 10:19 AM)PrettyGirlRock Wrote:  I want to know what everyone else thinks about this, if that is okay Smile

It's honestly not that different than any other type of Christian who wants to cherry-pick the Bible to match their beliefs while maintaining their faith (which is, pretty much all Christians). Their beliefs are hard to let go, but they don't like some part of them. It's pretty standard cognitive dissonance.

I mean, sure, it seems really odd for someone who is gay to embrace a religion that refers to their behavior as an abomination, but there are ways of writing off those verses. This is really no different than women who want to be Christians while being held equal in society, or wealthy people who want to hold onto their possession being Christians, or Christian bankers. And really, pretty much any Christian will justify behavior that they feel is bad. I've talked to ministers who are vindictive, rude, and dishonest, all because I didn't believe in their religion, and they made no apologies about it.

Gay Christians just get more attention because homosexuality is still a giant bugbear for conservative Christians.
12-08-2015, 09:33 AM
(11-08-2015 08:15 PM)Alla Wrote:  
(11-08-2015 08:05 PM)Thumpalumpacus Wrote:  It's a shame that those same tolerant Mormons of which you speak supported Prop 8 in California to the tune of millions of dollars at the request of the church hierarchy. Pity they couldn't have the courage of the convictions you allege they have, and chose instead to deny equal rights for all.
God did not sanctified gay marriage.
I will not rebel against God.
I don't want to do this.
I have courage to say this.
But my Heavenly Father never said that to love gay people and to serve them is sin. To love and to serve them is righteousness.

... and that addresses my point how, exactly?
[+] 1 user Likes Thumpalumpacus's post
12-08-2015, 10:05 AM
I see it as no different than any other Christian who bends the rules to their liking. They cherry pick just like the rest.
[+] 1 user Likes MrKrispy601's post
12-08-2015, 10:09 AM
(12-08-2015 10:05 AM)MrKrispy601 Wrote:  I see it as no different than any other Christian who bends the rules to their liking. They cherry pick just like the rest.

Well said Thumbsup
12-08-2015, 10:34 AM
I'm generally disinterested in thinking about others because of their sexuality