What do you think of LGBTQ Christians?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
12-08-2015, 10:46 AM
RE: What do you think of LGBTQ Christians?
(12-08-2015 03:16 AM)morondog Wrote:  
(12-08-2015 02:17 AM)Metazoa Zeke Wrote:  No, Un

Undead?

Okay. I laughed.

"Owl," said Rabbit shortly, "you and I have brains. The others have fluff. If there is any thinking to be done in this Forest - and when I say thinking I mean thinking - you and I must do it."
- A. A. Milne, The House at Pooh Corner
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Unbeliever's post
12-08-2015, 11:06 AM
I'm starting to think Alla is actually an octopus. Every time you corner her with a question that she doesn't want to answer, she squirts out a giant "ink cloud" of unrelated religious babble and jets away at a right angle.

"Theology made no provision for evolution. The biblical authors had missed the most important revelation of all! Could it be that they were not really privy to the thoughts of God?" - E. O. Wilson
[+] 3 users Like RocketSurgeon76's post
12-08-2015, 11:37 AM
(11-08-2015 09:37 PM)Alla Wrote:  
(11-08-2015 09:09 PM)Mark Fulton Wrote:  You say "God" doesn't sanctify gay marriage, and you won't rebel against God.
So, do you approve of gay marriage?
God doesn't approve gay marriage.
Let me tell you why He doesn't do it. Not because God doesn't understand true feelings and sincere desires of these wonderful people in LGBT community.
But if He let them do it(marry) they will never become Gods. God Father wants them to become Gods.
What is Godhood?
Godhood is to become Heavenly Parent and to have children/posterity. Only male and female together procreate.

(11-08-2015 09:09 PM)Mark Fulton Wrote:  Do you have any gay friends?
I used to have.
P.S. one sister in my ward has son - gay. When he visits her I make for him his favorite beet salad(Russian style). We are buddies.Thumbsup

Are you implying that in the afterlife people are married and continue having children? I hope I'm misunderstanding, but that's my reading of what I bolded. If so, my question would be, are you a parent, yourself? I am, and I certainly have found it a valuable and wonderful experience…but if someone told me that the in the afterlife I was going to be popping out kids for eternity (and then presumably taking care of them) I'd head straight for the on ramp for the highway to hell.

Of course, many gay couples have biological children, just not with both partners' genetics, not any different than any couple where some of the children come from an outside relationship.
[+] 3 users Like julep's post
12-08-2015, 11:44 AM
I don't understand how you could be of any of those descriptions and be a christian.

Why be part of a group that thinks your an abomination and wants you dead basically?
[+] 1 user Likes Hobbitgirl's post
12-08-2015, 12:05 PM
(12-08-2015 11:44 AM)Hobbitgirl Wrote:  I don't understand how you could be of any of those descriptions and be a christian.

Why be part of a group that thinks your an abomination and wants you dead basically?

Because depending on the type of church you go to they cherry pick, like Mr. Krispy said. Conservative churches would say exactly what you said in your post and call it an abomination due to several Bible passages. But there are more liberal churches that look at the David and Jonathan passage and view it as a romantic relationship between the two. The liberal churches also don't view Sodom and Gomorrah/God's anger at that whole thing as having anything to do with same sex rships. If you are born into a religious family and you are taught to believe in God--I would think you would want to belong and worship like everyone else. Some are taught that this liberal version of God accepts you just as you are. Additionally, many Christians haven't really read the entire Bible. They just focus on the God is love parts. I can see due to all of this why some may want to continue worshiping God regardless of sexuality.
[+] 1 user Likes jennybee's post
12-08-2015, 12:11 PM
Polish church isn't tolerant so anyone who is active catholic and gay is kinda strange person for me. Indoctrination isn't easy to shake off but one can imagine that when you hear how much of a bad person you are for imagined "fault" you will be able to quit Jesus drug.

The first revolt is against the supreme tyranny of theology, of the phantom of God. As long as we have a master in heaven, we will be slaves on earth.

Mikhail Bakunin.
12-08-2015, 12:29 PM
(11-08-2015 09:31 PM)morondog Wrote:  God is omnipotent and omniscient. Why could he not be a little less cruel and take them away to "Gay Island paradise" or something, rather than prescribing that they should be killed in an extremely painful way by people who were basically their close relatives?
I assume He could send them to Gay Island paradise. But then it would mean that He supports homosexual relationships. Then it would mean that God is participating in their choice that takes away from them an opportunity to become Gods.
If God does this He can not be God anymore.

English is my second language.
I AM DEPLORABLE AND IRREDEEMABLE
SHE PERSISTED WE RESISTED
12-08-2015, 12:36 PM
(12-08-2015 12:29 PM)Alla Wrote:  
(11-08-2015 09:31 PM)morondog Wrote:  God is omnipotent and omniscient. Why could he not be a little less cruel and take them away to "Gay Island paradise" or something, rather than prescribing that they should be killed in an extremely painful way by people who were basically their close relatives?
I assume He could send them to Gay Island paradise. But then it would mean that He supports homosexual relationships. Then it would mean that God is participating in their choice that takes away from them an opportunity to become Gods.
If God does this He can not be God anymore.

Careful, you're getting closer ....

Your faith is not evidence, your opinion is not fact, and your bias is not wisdom
[+] 4 users Like Reducetarian's post
12-08-2015, 12:37 PM
You know, Alla, I could not agree more:

Either God cares about the "correct" sexual relationships of the bipedal apes on the third rock from a yellow-sized star orbiting the Milky Way on the back edge of an outer spiral arm, one of hundreds of billions of such stars among hundreds of billions of such galaxies... or he is not God.

Totally. Not God.

"Theology made no provision for evolution. The biblical authors had missed the most important revelation of all! Could it be that they were not really privy to the thoughts of God?" - E. O. Wilson
[+] 3 users Like RocketSurgeon76's post
12-08-2015, 12:38 PM
(12-08-2015 12:05 PM)jennybee Wrote:  
(12-08-2015 11:44 AM)Hobbitgirl Wrote:  I don't understand how you could be of any of those descriptions and be a christian.

Because depending on the type of church you go to they cherry pick, like Mr. Krispy said. Conservative churches would say exactly what you said in your post and call it an abomination due to several Bible passages. But there are more liberal churches that look at the David and Jonathan passage and view it as a romantic relationship between the two. The liberal churches also don't view Sodom and Gomorrah/God's anger at that whole thing as having anything to do with same sex rships. If you are born into a religious family and you are taught to believe in God--I would think you would want to belong and worship like everyone else. Some are taught that this liberal version of God accepts you just as you are. Additionally, many Christians haven't really read the entire Bible. They just focus on the God is love parts. I can see due to all of this why some may want to continue worshiping God regardless of sexuality.

Just looks like everyone ignoring the obvious for some warm fuzzies.
[+] 2 users Like Hobbitgirl's post