What do you think of LGBTQ Christians?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
12-08-2015, 12:39 PM
RE: What do you think of LGBTQ Christians?
(12-08-2015 12:38 PM)Hobbitgirl Wrote:  
(12-08-2015 12:05 PM)jennybee Wrote:  Because depending on the type of church you go to they cherry pick, like Mr. Krispy said. Conservative churches would say exactly what you said in your post and call it an abomination due to several Bible passages. But there are more liberal churches that look at the David and Jonathan passage and view it as a romantic relationship between the two. The liberal churches also don't view Sodom and Gomorrah/God's anger at that whole thing as having anything to do with same sex rships. If you are born into a religious family and you are taught to believe in God--I would think you would want to belong and worship like everyone else. Some are taught that this liberal version of God accepts you just as you are. Additionally, many Christians haven't really read the entire Bible. They just focus on the God is love parts. I can see due to all of this why some may want to continue worshiping God regardless of sexuality.

Just looks like everyone ignoring the obvious for some warm fuzzies.

Definitely agree Thumbsup
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
12-08-2015, 12:51 PM
(11-08-2015 09:38 PM)EvolutionKills Wrote:  1 - The supposedly all-seeing, all-knowing, all-powerful creator of the universe is somehow unable to see, know, or do anything to prevent humans from engaging in homosexuality; even though he's strangely okay with allowing it in the rest of the animal kingdom.
Animals are not created in image of God. They do not become Gods. So it doesn't matter if they have homosexuality. If men didn't have an opportunity to become Gods they would be aloud by God to have homosexual relationships.
Only male and female together can become Gods. Male without female can not become God(like God). Female without male can not become Goddess(like God).
Godhood is ability to procreate first of all. It is ability to become Heavenly Father or Heavenly Mother. Adam and Adam can not procreate (divine quality). Eve and Eve can not procreate(divine quality)
(11-08-2015 09:38 PM)EvolutionKills Wrote:  2 - The supposedly all-powerful creator of the universe is constrained by a promise made to creatures he created and who are otherwise entirely unable to exert any force over him, ironically enough making him anything but all-powerful.
All-powerful God can force us to do what He wants. But it doesn't mean that everything that God can do is RIGHT/GOOD thing to do.
Gods CHOOSE what is right thing to do not evil thing to do.
If God choose to force us to do things He will become evil. He can not be God anymore.

All-powerful god that many Christians created is false god that never existed, doesn't exist and will never exist.
True God is God who has moral agency to choose between good and evil. It means He can choose to do what He wants to do. But true God does NOT want to choose evil.
(11-08-2015 09:38 PM)EvolutionKills Wrote:  3 - God could have created a universe in which either breaking his laws was not possible,
I assume He could by taking from us moral agency. Those who have no moral agency can NOT become like Him - Gods.
(11-08-2015 09:38 PM)EvolutionKills Wrote:  or where his laws were not necessary;
I assume He could by taking from us knowledge how to become Gods/like Him.
Nobody would become Gods.
(11-08-2015 09:38 PM)EvolutionKills Wrote:  instead he chose to create a universe where his laws were both applicable and breakable. This makes god incredibly stupid, short-sighted, evil, and callous.
Not at all. By doing this God gives us an opportunity to become like Him/Gods:
1)He gives laws which help you to become Gods
2)He gives you moral agency. Only those who have moral agency and learn to choose good/right by using this agency can learn to become Gods.
(11-08-2015 09:38 PM)EvolutionKills Wrote:  Face it Alla, you don't have the intellectual capacity or curiosity to follow these observations and their implications to their logical conclusions. Drinking Beverage
Don't I?Consider

English is my second language.
I AM DEPLORABLE AND IRREDEEMABLE
SHE PERSISTED WE RESISTED
12-08-2015, 12:54 PM
(11-08-2015 09:52 PM)Free Thought Wrote:  If I remember my reading of Karen Armstrong's A History of God correctly, it is believed that Yahweh arose out of the Canaanite pantheon, originally as El (sometimes El-Elyon or El Shaddi), the supreme deity, eventually becoming known to the Hebrews of Judea and Israel as Yahweh Sabaoth (meaning Yahweh, the Lord of Hosts, 'Hosts' being a term for armies).

So technically, other cultures were ready to worship Yahweh before he even became Yahweh, back when he was the Canannite's God Most High, before he just became the Hebrew war god.
May be they were ready to worship Him but not the way He wanted them to worship Him.
Many Christians today do not worship Yahweh the way He wants them to worship Him.

12-08-2015, 12:57 PM
(11-08-2015 09:40 PM)EvolutionKills Wrote:  Being a good parent encompasses far more than the biologically unimpressive act of fucking and having children.
I agree.
(11-08-2015 09:40 PM)EvolutionKills Wrote:  Plenty of people can shit out kids and be terrible parents, plenty of same-sex couples have adopted children and are excellent parents.
I agree
(11-08-2015 09:40 PM)EvolutionKills Wrote:  You're as short-sight and unimaginative as your fucked-in-the-head sky daddy.
I agree.Thumbsup
You can not become God or Heavenly Father or even GOOD Father/Parent if you can NOT procreate your own children first.

12-08-2015, 01:05 PM
(11-08-2015 11:18 PM)Unbeliever Wrote:  
(11-08-2015 09:37 PM)Alla Wrote:  Godhood is to become Heavenly Parent and to have children/posterity. Only male and female together procreate.
How do infertile women and sterile men fit into this framework?
Good question. If someone in this life can not have own children(can not procreate) because of imperfect physical bodies it doesn't mean that when they have resurrected perfect bodies they can not procreate in eternity.
Only male and female together can become Gods(have Godhood)
Paul was teaching about this principle. No man without a woman, no woman without a man in the Lord(in eternity).
If Adam and Adam or Eve and Eve could procreate their own posterity I am sure 100% God would sanctify their marriages.
God teaches us what can help us to become Gods and what prevents us from being Gods.

12-08-2015, 01:11 PM
(12-08-2015 12:51 PM)Alla Wrote:  All-powerful god that many Christians created is false god that never existed, doesn't exist and will never exist.

Well that's curious. The LDS does not claim an omnipotent God?

There is only one really serious philosophical question, and that is suicide. -Camus
12-08-2015, 01:26 PM
(12-08-2015 01:05 PM)Alla Wrote:  
(11-08-2015 11:18 PM)Unbeliever Wrote:  How do infertile women and sterile men fit into this framework?
Good question. If someone in this life can not have own children(can not procreate) because of imperfect physical bodies it doesn't mean that when they have resurrected perfect bodies they can not procreate in eternity.
Only male and female together can become Gods(have Godhood)
Paul was teaching about this principle. No man without a woman, no woman without a man in the Lord(in eternity).
If Adam and Adam or Eve and Eve could procreate their own posterity I am sure 100% God would sanctify their marriages.
God teaches us what can help us to become Gods and what prevents us from being Gods.

When you put it that way, it makes perfect sense! Facepalm
[+] 2 users Like pablo's post
12-08-2015, 01:29 PM
(12-08-2015 01:05 PM)Alla Wrote:  
(11-08-2015 11:18 PM)Unbeliever Wrote:  How do infertile women and sterile men fit into this framework?

So if infertile couples are simply granted the ability to have children in the next life, why can't God grant the same to homosexual couples? After all, it's no more their fault that they lack the necessary equipment to produce children than it is her fault that a woman might be born infertile.

If magic is the answer, why does that magic stop working when homosexuals are involved?

"Owl," said Rabbit shortly, "you and I have brains. The others have fluff. If there is any thinking to be done in this Forest - and when I say thinking I mean thinking - you and I must do it."
- A. A. Milne, The House at Pooh Corner
[+] 2 users Like Unbeliever's post
12-08-2015, 01:30 PM
(12-08-2015 12:57 PM)Alla Wrote:  You can not become God or Heavenly Father or even GOOD Father/Parent if you can NOT procreate your own children first.

How do adopted children and foster parents fit into this framework? Many couples adopt because they lack the ability to have their own children, and I am certain that you will agree that there are quite a few of them who are wonderful parents.

"Owl," said Rabbit shortly, "you and I have brains. The others have fluff. If there is any thinking to be done in this Forest - and when I say thinking I mean thinking - you and I must do it."
- A. A. Milne, The House at Pooh Corner
12-08-2015, 01:31 PM
(12-08-2015 01:11 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  
(12-08-2015 12:51 PM)Alla Wrote:  All-powerful god that many Christians created is false god that never existed, doesn't exist and will never exist.

Well that's curious. The LDS does not claim an omnipotent God?

O, GirlyMan, I didn't recognize you. Smile
LDS Doctrine claims an omnipotent God. It also teaches what it really means. It doesn't teach meaning that is impossible in real world.
God lives in real world. God is real.