What do you think of the "Seth Speaks' Books?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
14-06-2017, 07:53 AM
What do you think of the "Seth Speaks' Books?
As most of you know Seth Speaks is a series of books supposedly dictated by an entity called Seth who is suppose to be a collection of many souls. It describes in these books everything you can imagine about the universe and our part in it and how we plan our lives out before we are born, even the tragic events as that is why we come here in order to experience all things for our souls to grow and advance which is why we live several incarnations here and in other realms according to Seth.

It also says we come here to try and learn that we control our reality with our thoughts. emotions and most importantly our beliefs. Many say this is where the law of attraction/ The Secret book and film ideas came from.

Just curious what people here think about those books and all that it teaches?
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
14-06-2017, 08:01 AM
RE: What do you think of the "Seth Speaks' Books?
Basing on your description I think that it is nothing more than nonsense: series of books supposedly dictated by an entity called Seth who is suppose to be a collection of many souls. It sounds so stupid that reading it was almost physically painful.

The first revolt is against the supreme tyranny of theology, of the phantom of God. As long as we have a master in heaven, we will be slaves on earth.

Mikhail Bakunin.
[+] 1 user Likes Szuchow's post
14-06-2017, 08:03 AM
(14-06-2017 07:53 AM)prhill Wrote:  As most of you know Seth Speaks is a series of books supposedly dictated by an entity called Seth who is suppose to be a collection of many souls. It describes in these books everything you can imagine about the universe and our part in it and how we plan our lives out before we are born, even the tragic events as that is why we come here in order to experience all things for our souls to grow and advance which is why we live several incarnations here and in other realms according to Seth.

It also says we come here to try and learn that we control our reality with our thoughts. emotions and most importantly our beliefs. Many say this is where the law of attraction/ The Secret book and film ideas came from.

I'd honestly never heard of that until now.

On wiki it says:

In late 1963, Jane Roberts and her husband, Robert Butts, experimented with a Ouija board as part of Roberts' research for a book on extra-sensory perception.[7] Roberts and Butts claimed that they began to receive coherent messages from a male personality on December 2, 1963, who later identified himself as Seth. Soon after, Roberts reported that she was hearing the messages in her head.

Basically she had an underlying mental health issue then.

Having problems with your computer? Visit the Free Tech Support thread for help!
[+] 1 user Likes OakTree500's post
14-06-2017, 08:05 AM
Never heard of them, no interest either (ain't such a thing as soul)

But we have the Seth's Ragtag Army Speaks forum, though and it ain't too shabby a place Rolleyes

"E se non passa la tristezza con altri occhi la guarderĂ²."
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
14-06-2017, 08:27 AM
I have to ashamedly admit that I had a fleeting interest in this sort of thing many years ago. I read one of the books and had another one on tape (or CD, I forget).

I also read Robert Monroe's Journeys Out of the Body. I even devoured the Communion series by Whitley Streiber.

After much reading, research, discussion and "soul-searching", I had to conclude the same for all such things:

Bullshit.
[+] 1 user Likes Heath_Tierney's post
14-06-2017, 08:30 AM
Well, since we're confessing, I'll admit I did read (and buy) a couple of Carlos Castaneda's books in high school Hobo

(In my defence, didn't read all of them and gave them all to a friend when I got tired of them gathering dust in the house)

"E se non passa la tristezza con altri occhi la guarderĂ²."
[+] 1 user Likes Vera's post
14-06-2017, 08:46 AM
As described--I don't intend to spend time reading them--it sounds like a combination of wishful thinking, the typical theistic excuses to explain away evil, and a way to make a lot of bucks.
[+] 1 user Likes julep's post
14-06-2017, 08:51 AM
(14-06-2017 07:53 AM)prhill Wrote:  As most of you know Seth Speaks is a series of books supposedly dictated by an entity called Seth who is suppose to be a collection of many souls. It describes in these books everything you can imagine about the universe and our part in it and how we plan our lives out before we are born, even the tragic events as that is why we come here in order to experience all things for our souls to grow and advance which is why we live several incarnations here and in other realms according to Seth.

> Seth who? Huh

> Sounds like some amusing fiction.
[+] 1 user Likes Gwaithmir's post
14-06-2017, 09:05 AM
The videos of the "channeling" show her companions laughing uproariously. /hint
[+] 1 user Likes Gawdzilla's post
14-06-2017, 11:08 AM
(14-06-2017 07:53 AM)prhill Wrote:  Just curious what people here think about those books and all that it teaches?

The simplest explanation is that people lie.
[+] 1 user Likes Thoreauvian's post