What do you think of the Trayvon Martin case?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
29-03-2012, 09:17 AM
What do you think of the Trayvon Martin case?
For those unaware here is an unbiased wiki article on the subject.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shooting_of_Trayvon_Martin

I personally and disappointed that the media has turned this into a hate crime without evidence of such. There also appears to be as much if not more questionable character on Martin's part as there is on Zimmerman. What do y'all make of this fiasco?

“Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it's time to pause and reflect.”

-Mark Twain
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
29-03-2012, 09:19 AM
RE: What do you think of the Trayvon Martin case?
Simple black vs white crap.

The media need to stop stirring up the race war.

[Image: dog-shaking.gif]
29-03-2012, 09:25 AM
(29-03-2012 09:19 AM)kingschosen Wrote:  Simple black vs white crap.

I'm not shocked but I am shocked at the response from the likes of the NAACP, New Black Panthers, and the general media. They are like ambulance chasers looking for anything to spin into a race war. I'm also really confused by Obama feeling the need to draw attention to this one case. Someone on the radio this morning mentioned a white kid recently who was doused in gasoline and set on fire. No mention of a hate crime there. Not that there should be but it just points out the hypocrisy and vultureness of some people.

“Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it's time to pause and reflect.”

-Mark Twain
29-03-2012, 11:21 AM
I think Zimmerman shot the kid needlessly.
Size matters and so does weight. Zimmerman is 250 pounds. That's heavy.
The statements released are contradictory, and I heard one of the phone calls.
It is clearly a younger male screaming for help.

Whether the kid attacked him or not, which I can't say, though I'd doubt, is moot.
Does a punch dictate a bullet?

Also Zimmermans fathers claim that just because Zimmerman was Hispanic he couldn't possibly be racist is bunk.
Whether he was or not doesn't matter to me, though I'm sure it does to the case, I just think that statement is ridiculous.
Though as we all know, only white people can be racist.

"I think of myself as an intelligent, sensitive human being with the soul of a clown which always forces me to blow it at the most important moments." -Jim Morrison
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
29-03-2012, 11:48 AM
(29-03-2012 11:21 AM)lucradis Wrote:  I think Zimmerman shot the kid needlessly.
Size matters and so does weight. Zimmerman is 250 pounds. That's heavy.
The statements released are contradictory, and I heard one of the phone calls.
It is clearly a younger male screaming for help.

Whether the kid attacked him or not, which I can't say, though I'd doubt, is moot.
Does a punch dictate a bullet?

Also Zimmermans fathers claim that just because Zimmerman was Hispanic he couldn't possibly be racist is bunk.
Whether he was or not doesn't matter to me, though I'm sure it does to the case, I just think that statement is ridiculous.
Though as we all know, only white people can be racist.
I don't know man. Eye witnesses say Trayvon was on top of Zimmerman beating him. If i'm getting my ass beaten and have a gun on me I'm shootin a mother fucker.

knowwhaisayin?

-Mark Twain
29-03-2012, 11:49 AM
Edit:

Never mind, read it wrong.

[Image: dog-shaking.gif]
29-03-2012, 11:55 AM
From what I read, there were two witnesses and one didn't actually see anything.
I also have to doubt the credibility of witnesses that could feel the need to protect members of their community, not that what they said isn't truth, it just needs to be scrutinized more so.
Also I read somewhere that both witnesses later wished to change their statements because they didn't fit what they had previously said.

I have a hard time believing a 17 year old skinny ass kid got on top of a 250 pound guy carrying a gun. Who was so suspicious of the kid he was following him and chasing him at one point.
One statement had Zimmerman just getting out of his vehicle and another had him opening the door to get in, all the while he had just been running after the kid on foot. Suspicious of him enough to chase him, but suddenly just gonna go for a drive?

It seems shady to me. But hey, maybe the kid did jump on him and break his nose and bloody up his head, and then quickly wash off the blood from his shirt the police reported having seen but the cameras didn't pick up Smile

I'll save my vote until all of the evidence is revealed.

"I think of myself as an intelligent, sensitive human being with the soul of a clown which always forces me to blow it at the most important moments." -Jim Morrison
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
29-03-2012, 12:00 PM
(29-03-2012 11:55 AM)lucradis Wrote:  I'll save my vote until all of the evidence is revealed.
So will I. My biggest gripe is the media circus over a hate crime that we don't even know is a hate crime yet.

-Mark Twain
[+] 1 user Likes germanyt's post
29-03-2012, 12:21 PM
(29-03-2012 09:25 AM)germanyt Wrote:  
(29-03-2012 09:19 AM)kingschosen Wrote:  Simple black vs white crap.

I'm not shocked but I am shocked at the response from the likes of the NAACP, New Black Panthers, and the general media. They are like ambulance chasers looking for anything to spin into a race war. I'm also really confused by Obama feeling the need to draw attention to this one case. Someone on the radio this morning mentioned a white kid recently who was doused in gasoline and set on fire. No mention of a hate crime there. Not that there should be but it just points out the hypocrisy and vultureness of some people.
Don't you know? Non-whites cannot be racist. sarcasm.jpg

[Image: Untitled-2.png?_subject_uid=322943157&am...Y7Dzq4lJog]
29-03-2012, 09:12 PM (This post was last modified: 29-03-2012 09:16 PM by Antirepublican.)
Some dumbass security guard thought he was Martin Lawrence in the movie National Security.

He was literally told by 911, to not follow the kid.
There was a kid screaming for help on a tape, then gunshots.
He murdered that kid, it seems pretty cut and dry.

The best case scenario for Zimmerman is he used excessive force in the situation.