What do you think of the Trayvon Martin case?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
30-03-2012, 12:27 AM
RE: What do you think of the Trayvon Martin case?
Unless Zimmerman previously knew Martin and had an elaborate scheme to murder him I can't see why someone would bother calling 911 before shooting someone. My guess is Zim pursued Martin. When Martin realized he was being watched he got pissed and started some shit. Form there on its speculation. Zimmerman will be aquitted if charged based on lack of evidence and motive. DA probably won't even file charges for this reason. And that'll really stir up shit.

“Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it's time to pause and reflect.”

-Mark Twain
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
30-03-2012, 04:43 AM
Don't know if you guys saw this, but here is the surveillance video of George Zimmerman at the precinct the night he was arrested. Makes it kind of iffy on the talk of his "bloody nose" and him having his head slammed on the floor repeatedly.

[Full View Police Video] George Zimmerman Arrested Shows No Blood Claimed Trayvon Attacked Him

"You will not be punished for your anger, you will be punished by your anger.” -Siddhārtha Gautama
"I have just three things to teach: simplicity, patience, compassion. These three are your greatest treasures.” -Lao Tzu
"...thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself..." -Jesus
30-03-2012, 12:42 PM
(30-03-2012 12:27 AM)germanyt Wrote:  Unless Zimmerman previously knew Martin and had an elaborate scheme to murder him I can't see why someone would bother calling 911 before shooting someone. My guess is Zim pursued Martin. When Martin realized he was being watched he got pissed and started some shit. Form there on its speculation. Zimmerman will be aquitted if charged based on lack of evidence and motive. DA probably won't even file charges for this reason. And that'll really stir up shit.
You don't always need motive to kill people.
He probably thought he could kill the kid and get away with it. There is not an miniscule iota of doubt this guy shot that kid.

Look at the video above or his mugg shot. He doesn't have a spec of dirt on him, never mind an injury.

Like I said best case scenario, he used excessive force and escalated the situation, which if I am not mistaken is still manslaughter.
30-03-2012, 12:51 PM
(30-03-2012 12:42 PM)Antirepublican Wrote:  
(30-03-2012 12:27 AM)germanyt Wrote:  Unless Zimmerman previously knew Martin and had an elaborate scheme to murder him I can't see why someone would bother calling 911 before shooting someone. My guess is Zim pursued Martin. When Martin realized he was being watched he got pissed and started some shit. Form there on its speculation. Zimmerman will be aquitted if charged based on lack of evidence and motive. DA probably won't even file charges for this reason. And that'll really stir up shit.
You don't always need motive to kill people.
He probably thought he could kill the kid and get away with it. There is not an miniscule iota of doubt this guy shot that kid.

Look at the video above or his mugg shot. He doesn't have a spec of dirt on him, never mind an injury.

Like I said best case scenario, he used excessive force and escalated the situation, which if I am not mistaken is still manslaughter.
Are you talking about this mugshot:

[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcT24XzBiSWzhG97uUT2WM2...5taD0ul9y1]

[Image: dog-shaking.gif]
30-03-2012, 01:07 PM
(30-03-2012 12:42 PM)Antirepublican Wrote:  You don't always need motive to kill people.

But his reason for wanting to kill him would be the motive. I just don't see the evidence for a hate crime yet. But I agree that this was likely excessive force. I could see myself though, if I have already drawn a weapon, shooting someone who 'rushed' me. If I pull a gun as a show of force and then get attacked I'm using it.

“Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it's time to pause and reflect.”

-Mark Twain
30-03-2012, 01:16 PM
Having the weapon aside..

Do you shoot to kill? Knowing it's just some punk?

Also pretend you're some smart ass punk kid who has maybe been in a couple fist fights. Now imagine you're being faced with a fully grown man who weighs 250 pounds, and has a gun aimed at you. Do you charge him and start shit? Or do you scream for help?

And the call could have been an attempt to validate his shooting. Remember he states that the kid is on drugs... which he claims because? He's a kid with a hoodie? He's black maybe? Skittles? Also he says that the kid had his hand in his pants I think it was, waist band maybe I can't remember, but anyhow he was implying that the kid might be holding a weapon. He also states that the kid is looking at all the neighborhood houses... cuz, I usually just stare at the ground when I'm walking...
So fishy is all.

"I think of myself as an intelligent, sensitive human being with the soul of a clown which always forces me to blow it at the most important moments." -Jim Morrison
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
30-03-2012, 01:36 PM
(30-03-2012 01:16 PM)lucradis Wrote:  Having the weapon aside..

Also pretend you're some smart ass punk kid who has maybe been in a couple fist fights. Now imagine you're being faced with a fully grown man who weighs 250 pounds, and has a gun aimed at you. Do you charge him and start shit? Or do you scream for help?

And the call could have been an attempt to validate his shooting. Remember he states that the kid is on drugs... which he claims because? He's a kid with a hoodie? He's black maybe? Skittles? Also he says that the kid had his hand in his pants I think it was, waist band maybe I can't remember, but anyhow he was implying that the kid might be holding a weapon. He also states that the kid is looking at all the neighborhood houses... cuz, I usually just stare at the ground when I'm walking...
So fishy is all.
All that could be the case. But none of it indicates that it's race related. Just that Zimmerman is off balance.

-Mark Twain
30-03-2012, 01:54 PM
I agree I'm just talkin homie.

Everything is speculation and may always be that way.
Hell be might have shot the kid by accident and just didn't want to admit it. Or he could have shot him because he was a chicken shit and doesn't want to admit that either.
The area was known to be bad.

All we do know and we don't even really know it for sure, is that zimmerman shot the kid and killed him. For all we know they could have gotten into a scuffle and the kid could have been responsible for shooting himself and Zimmerman was so full of adrenaline and shock he doesn't remember what actually happened.

I like to speculate and pretend I'm a detective. That would have been a pretty cool job, at least the way it plays out in my imagination. So many car chases.

"I think of myself as an intelligent, sensitive human being with the soul of a clown which always forces me to blow it at the most important moments." -Jim Morrison
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
30-03-2012, 03:15 PM
(30-03-2012 01:36 PM)germanyt Wrote:  
(30-03-2012 01:16 PM)lucradis Wrote:  Having the weapon aside..

So fishy is all.
All that could be the case. But none of it indicates that it's race related. Just that Zimmerman is off balance.
Even if it isn't a real race issue.. it's about race. I saw an article off a blog a few days ago questioning the situation and it was talking about research and data complied over years at how people react even when not presumably racist. They studied various people including college students on how they react in a test to hitting a button to simulate shooting a criminal or police officer with various raced people.. I found the study again.

http://blogs.scientificamerican.com/gues...ent-there/

Lately I've also been reading the book, "The Culture of Fear" by Barry Glassner... there's parts in there I noticed that relate when talking about the studies of how people react differently to black relates to actual data. A stat that from 1941 in New York City, 20 black police officers were killed by white colleagues while during that time 0 white officers were killed by black officers.

Even if a person it not outwardly racist, the problem of the US cultural method of propagating black males to be dangerous has lingering impacts on how people may react when they feel their life is in danger.
30-03-2012, 03:24 PM (This post was last modified: 30-03-2012 03:27 PM by germanyt.)
(30-03-2012 03:15 PM)ClydeLee Wrote:  
(30-03-2012 01:36 PM)germanyt Wrote:  All that could be the case. But none of it indicates that it's race related. Just that Zimmerman is off balance.
Even if it isn't a real race issue.. it's about race. I saw an article off a blog a few days ago questioning the situation and it was talking about research and data complied over years at how people react even when not presumably racist. They studied various people including college students on how they react in a test to hitting a button to simulate shooting a criminal or police officer with various raced people.. I found the study again.

http://blogs.scientificamerican.com/gues...ent-there/

Lately I've also been reading the book, "The Culture of Fear" by Barry Glassner... there's parts in there I noticed that relate when talking about the studies of how people react differently to black relates to actual data. A stat that from 1941 in New York City, 20 black police officers were killed by white colleagues while during that time 0 white officers were killed by black officers.

Even if a person it not outwardly racist, the problem of the US cultural method of propagating black males to be dangerous has lingering impacts on how people may react when they feel their life is in danger.
Wouldn't it be fair to say though that black culture (neighborhoods, schools, etc) can have a legit impact on a person's statistical thinking? Would it be racist or merely accurate to say that one has a better chance of getting shot in a predominately black neighborhood than a white one?

I'm not so sure that's racist. Drive by shooting rates, murder, drugs, high school drop out numbers, etc all would point to the statement being true as opposed to racist.

If it is racist then would it be less racist to say poor and rich as opposed to black and white? Or is associating poorness with blackness and richness with whiteness racist? Even if statistically it is true?

What I mean is, being black doesn't mean you're poor. And being rich doesn't indicate that you're white. But when someone mentions a rich person, is it racist to assume that person is white?

i might be somewhat off topic.

-Mark Twain