What do you think of the Trayvon Martin case?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
04-04-2012, 08:08 AM
RE: What do you think of the Trayvon Martin case?
(04-04-2012 08:00 AM)Logica Humano Wrote:  Whether or not the kid rushed him, or if it was a hate crime, Zimmerman's actions should automatically be manslaughter. Police specifically told him not to follow, but he did so, leading to the killing.
This is 100% correct.

[Image: dog-shaking.gif]
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
04-04-2012, 08:10 AM
(04-04-2012 08:00 AM)Logica Humano Wrote:  Whether or not the kid rushed him, or if it was a hate crime, Zimmerman's actions should automatically be manslaughter. Police specifically told him not to follow, but he did so, leading to the killing.
Actually a 911 operator told him not to. And neglecting to listen isn't a crime. The question is what exactly Martin was doing when Zimmerman pulled his gun. Was he backing off? Running away? Lying on the ground? Or was he trying to punch/tackle him? This is all that matters in this case. Whether or not the shooting was justified.

“Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it's time to pause and reflect.”

-Mark Twain
04-04-2012, 08:15 AM
(04-04-2012 08:10 AM)germanyt Wrote:  
Actually a 911 operator told him not to. And neglecting to listen isn't a crime. The question is what exactly Martin was doing when Zimmerman pulled his gun. Was he backing off? Running away? Lying on the ground? Or was he trying to punch/tackle him? This is all that matters in this case. Whether or not the shooting was justified.
I thought police told him.

04-04-2012, 08:17 AM
That's not entirely true GT, it also matters what was happening just before. If Martin felt threatened he might feel a need to fight back. Especially if he had no idea who Zimmerman was or what he was doing.

In my head the dots connect and say that maybe Zimmerman didn't make his position clear and tried to intercept Martin, maybe scaring Martin, and maybe they entered a scuffle.

I mean the experts say the voice screaming for help on the 911 call could not have been Zimmermans, which I had already assumed after hearing it. And Zimmerman admits to shooting Martin regardless of reason or purpose.

I'm just guessing though and am probably totally wrong.

"I think of myself as an intelligent, sensitive human being with the soul of a clown which always forces me to blow it at the most important moments." -Jim Morrison
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
04-04-2012, 10:05 AM
(29-03-2012 09:19 AM)kingschosen Wrote:  Simple black vs white crap.

The media need to stop stirring up the race war.

Technacally, he's white/hispanic.

I'm currently reading more about this so I can get a full view of what happend.

Bury me with my guns on, so when I reach the other side - I can show him what it feels like to die.
Bury me with my guns on, so when I'm cast out of the sky, I can shoot the devil right between the eyes.
04-04-2012, 10:07 AM
If I don't quit hearing this everywhere, I'm going to fucking lose it.
Kids in high school don't know when to stop talking about things, when they've already been fucking talking about it forever.

I mean... I understand that it's world news and all, but jeez.

"You don't disappoint me.... I think your much braver than you may believe."
bemore

Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
04-04-2012, 10:22 AM
(04-04-2012 10:05 AM)Red Tornado Wrote:  
(29-03-2012 09:19 AM)kingschosen Wrote:  Simple black vs white crap.

The media need to stop stirring up the race war.

Technacally, he's white/hispanic.

I'm currently reading more about this so I can get a full view of what happend.

His race on his voting registration identifies him as Hispanic.

05-04-2012, 04:49 PM
(04-04-2012 10:07 AM)xLegendofLink096x Wrote:  If I don't quit hearing this everywhere, I'm going to fucking lose it.
Kids in high school don't know when to stop talking about things, when they've already been fucking talking about it forever.

I mean... I understand that it's world news and all, but jeez.
It is not just the fact that a teenage boy was murdered, but that the law in Florida allowed the child to be murdered.

[Image: Untitled-2.png?_subject_uid=322943157&am...Y7Dzq4lJog]
05-04-2012, 09:49 PM
I think this case should be handled in the courts like every other case in America, and the media needs to back off. Let's remember that the media makes everybody guilty with the exception of Amanda Knox. They made OJ guilty, they made Michael Jackson guilty, they made Casey Anthony guilty, etc.

If it's the law being criticized, they need to stop dragging attention away from that by talking about racist intentions and showing pictures of Trayvon when he was 12, almost every kid looks innocent at that age and I think it's downright disgusting that the media is trying to deceive people about how a victim looks. Sure he may have been innocent of all charges, but this is not the right way to give that impression.
06-04-2012, 04:52 AM
(05-04-2012 09:49 PM)TheKetola Wrote:  I think this case should be handled in the courts like every other case in America, and the media needs to back off. Let's remember that the media makes everybody guilty with the exception of Amanda Knox. They made OJ guilty, they made Michael Jackson guilty, they made Casey Anthony guilty, etc.

If it's the law being criticized, they need to stop dragging attention away from that by talking about racist intentions and showing pictures of Trayvon when he was 12, almost every kid looks innocent at that age and I think it's downright disgusting that the media is trying to deceive people about how a victim looks. Sure he may have been innocent of all charges, but this is not the right way to give that impression.
The law has been criticized extensively if you have been following the news.

[Image: Untitled-2.png?_subject_uid=322943157&am...Y7Dzq4lJog]