What do you think of the Trayvon Martin case?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
06-04-2012, 06:39 AM
RE: What do you think of the Trayvon Martin case?
If this were a black on black crime it may been a blip in the news coverage, if it showed at all outside of the local area. If it were white on white, it would be portrayed as an unfortunate series of events that resulted in the shooting death. And people would be trying to figure out how to prevent incidents like it in the future. I agree that the media loves to jump on a black/white crime and sensationalize it well before the facts are in.

Either way, it's unfortunate that this young man is dead.

I'm not anti-social. I'm pro-solitude. Sleepy
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
06-04-2012, 03:53 PM
I am surprised no one knows this fact. If a person kills a person of their own race it is homicide. If he kills someone of another race it is a hate crime, no matter the circumstances.

Under Repair.
08-04-2012, 04:24 PM
(06-04-2012 04:52 AM)Logica Humano Wrote:  
(05-04-2012 09:49 PM)TheKetola Wrote:  I think this case should be handled in the courts like every other case in America, and the media needs to back off. Let's remember that the media makes everybody guilty with the exception of Amanda Knox. They made OJ guilty, they made Michael Jackson guilty, they made Casey Anthony guilty, etc.

If it's the law being criticized, they need to stop dragging attention away from that by talking about racist intentions and showing pictures of Trayvon when he was 12, almost every kid looks innocent at that age and I think it's downright disgusting that the media is trying to deceive people about how a victim looks. Sure he may have been innocent of all charges, but this is not the right way to give that impression.
The law has been criticized extensively if you have been following the news.
CNN just last night was spending literally HOURS talking about the race problem, and mentioned nothing about the law. Fox News continues to talk about President Obama and tries to make our country look like it's in some sort of dystopian state (as always). And MSNBC is giving the only reasonable coverage on the law, however even that is heavily mixed in with the idea of race. Thankfully MSNBC is actually talking about other news too or I'd be driven insane.
09-04-2012, 07:35 AM
(08-04-2012 04:24 PM)TheKetola Wrote:  
(06-04-2012 04:52 AM)Logica Humano Wrote:  The law has been criticized extensively if you have been following the news.
CNN just last night was spending literally HOURS talking about the race problem, and mentioned nothing about the law. Fox News continues to talk about President Obama and tries to make our country look like it's in some sort of dystopian state (as always). And MSNBC is giving the only reasonable coverage on the law, however even that is heavily mixed in with the idea of race. Thankfully MSNBC is actually talking about other news too or I'd be driven insane.
I find myself having to browse numerous sites just to piece together any info on many topics. If Obama does something stupid the only place to read about it is Fox. If he does something good I have to flip over to MSNBC to find out about it.

“Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it's time to pause and reflect.”

-Mark Twain
11-04-2012, 04:21 PM
http://www.foxnews.com/us/2012/04/11/zim...port-says/

There goes the state's chances of convicting Zimmerman. It's Casey Anthony all over again. No chance in hell he gets convicted on 2nd degree murder.

Anyone takin bets?

“Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it's time to pause and reflect.”

-Mark Twain
[+] 1 user Likes germanyt's post
11-04-2012, 04:38 PM
(11-04-2012 04:21 PM)germanyt Wrote:  It's Casey Anthony all over again. No chance in hell he gets convicted on 2nd degree murder.

Anyone takin bets?
I'm gonna bet he's found not guilty.

"He who wishes to comprehend God with his mind becomes an atheist."
- Count Nikolaus Von Zinzendorf