not too perfect
not too fucked up.

"Life is a daring adventure or it is nothing"--Helen Keller
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 7 users Like Bows and Arrows's post
14-11-2014, 05:22 PM
RE: What do you think of yourself?
(14-11-2014 03:24 PM)dancefortwo Wrote:  It's a curious question but how do you see yourself.

by using a mirror?

Quote:Do you like yourself?

I didn't in general for many years but I've accepted that there are some things I may never be able to change and learned to work on what I think I can.

Quote:If you were to meet another one of you would you like you?

Probably not but then I generally like people who have differences. It is kind of like a jigsaw puzzle in that as long as the differences fit together well it works.

Quote:Or can you actually see yourself clearly enough to make as assessment?

probably not

Atheism: it's not just for communists any more!
America July 4 1776 - November 8 2016 RIP
14-11-2014, 05:32 PM
Use to think highly of myself when I had an awesome social life. Now I'm an anti-social game nerd alcoholic... and I fucking love it.

Saints live in flames; wise men, next to them.
[+] 1 user Likes SunnyD1's post
14-11-2014, 06:33 PM
(14-11-2014 03:24 PM)dancefortwo Wrote:  It's a curious question but how do you see yourself. Do you like yourself? If you were to meet another one of you would you like you? Or can you actually see yourself clearly enough to make as assessment?

To put it plainly; I don't particularly like myself.

If anything can be said about me which would encompass all, it might be 'cripplingly low sense of self-worth'.

To my credit though; I do think I have a relatively quick wit and a half-decent sense of humour, it doesn't do too much against the feelings of constant failure and self-disappointment, but it's something, right?

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
"Anti-environmentalism is like standing in front of a forest and going 'quick kill them they're coming right for us!'" - Jake Farr-Wharton, The Imaginary Friend Show.
14-11-2014, 07:26 PM
I think I look AMAZING in the dark Big Grin

"Belief is so often the death of reason" - Qyburn, Game of Thrones

"The Christian community continues to exist because the conclusions of the critical study of the Bible are largely withheld from them." -Hans Conzelmann (1915-1989)
[+] 7 users Like goodwithoutgod's post
14-11-2014, 07:31 PM
(14-11-2014 06:33 PM)Free Thought Wrote:  
(14-11-2014 03:24 PM)dancefortwo Wrote:  It's a curious question but how do you see yourself. Do you like yourself? If you were to meet another one of you would you like you? Or can you actually see yourself clearly enough to make as assessment?

To put it plainly; I don't particularly like myself.

If anything can be said about me which would encompass all, it might be 'cripplingly low sense of self-worth'.

To my credit though; I do think I have a relatively quick wit and a half-decent sense of humour, it doesn't do too much against the feelings of constant failure and self-disappointment, but it's something, right?

Why do you have no self worth? Did you have a bad childhood?

Shakespeare's Comedy of Errors.... on Donald J. Trump:

He is deformed, crooked, old, and sere,
Ill-fac’d, worse bodied, shapeless every where;
Vicious, ungentle, foolish, blunt, unkind,
Stigmatical in making, worse in mind.
14-11-2014, 08:15 PM
(14-11-2014 07:26 PM)goodwithoutgod Wrote:  I think I look AMAZING in the dark Big Grin

Not just the dark Shy Wink

I hope that the world turns, and things get better. But what I hope most of all is that you understand what I mean when I tell you that, even though I do not know you, and even though I may never meet you, laugh with you, cry with you, or kiss you, I love you. With all my heart, I love you. - V for Vendetta
[+] 3 users Like Smercury44's post
14-11-2014, 08:20 PM
(14-11-2014 08:15 PM)Smercury44 Wrote:  
(14-11-2014 07:26 PM)goodwithoutgod Wrote:  I think I look AMAZING in the dark Big Grin

Not just the dark Shy Wink

time for a new pair of glasses dear Tongue

Blush

Drooling

Shy

"Belief is so often the death of reason" - Qyburn, Game of Thrones

"The Christian community continues to exist because the conclusions of the critical study of the Bible are largely withheld from them." -Hans Conzelmann (1915-1989)
14-11-2014, 09:36 PM
(14-11-2014 07:31 PM)dancefortwo Wrote:  
(14-11-2014 06:33 PM)Free Thought Wrote:  To put it plainly; I don't particularly like myself.

Why do you have no self worth? Did you have a bad childhood?

I've been over it a couple times on the forum in one form or another, I'd rather not bother the kind denizens of the forum with my irrationality on that score further...

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
"Anti-environmentalism is like standing in front of a forest and going 'quick kill them they're coming right for us!'" - Jake Farr-Wharton, The Imaginary Friend Show.
14-11-2014, 09:40 PM
(14-11-2014 09:36 PM)Free Thought Wrote:  
(14-11-2014 07:31 PM)dancefortwo Wrote:  Why do you have no self worth? Did you have a bad childhood?

I've been over it a couple times on the forum in one form or another, I'd rather not bother the kind denizens of the forum with my irrationality on that score further...

I don't think I've read it yet. I'd read if you decide you want to share. Heart

I hope that the world turns, and things get better. But what I hope most of all is that you understand what I mean when I tell you that, even though I do not know you, and even though I may never meet you, laugh with you, cry with you, or kiss you, I love you. With all my heart, I love you. - V for Vendetta