What do you think of yourself?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
15-11-2014, 07:25 AM
RE: What do you think of yourself?
(14-11-2014 03:24 PM)dancefortwo Wrote:  It's a curious question but how do you see yourself. Do you like yourself? If you were to meet another one of you would you like you? Or can you actually see yourself clearly enough to make as assessment?

I see myself more and more clearly (or at least less and less unclearly) as time goes by.
I have an honest appreciation of my abilities and a realistic estimate of my limitations. I think. Consider

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 5 users Like Chas's post
15-11-2014, 09:15 AM
I am, the most interesting man in the world...
Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Mage The Entertainer's post
15-11-2014, 09:19 AM
(15-11-2014 09:15 AM)Mage The Entertainer Wrote:  I am, the most interesting man in the world...

Is that a nice way of saying that you're a freak?
15-11-2014, 09:23 AM
(15-11-2014 09:19 AM)Mathilda Wrote:  
(15-11-2014 09:15 AM)Mage The Entertainer Wrote:  I am, the most interesting man in the world...

Is that a nice way of saying that you're a freak?

... Or a freaky way of saying you're nice?

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
[+] 1 user Likes morondog's post
15-11-2014, 09:26 AM
I like me OK these days. Used not to... But now... I've managed to figure out a lot of stuff these past few years. A lot of how not to be a dick (surprisingly difficult sometimes)... Sometimes, the right occasions to actually *be* a dick... Forum people helped with summa dat.

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
15-11-2014, 09:42 AM
(14-11-2014 03:24 PM)dancefortwo Wrote:  It's a curious question but how do you see yourself. Do you like yourself? If you were to meet another one of you would you like you? Or can you actually see yourself clearly enough to make as assessment?

I am obnoxious, opinionated, flawed, imperfect. I am kind, but blunt. I see our species with both its good intent and cruelty. I see myself as an individual first. I have my ups and downs and insecurities as well. I am no better than anyone else and part of the same blip in time on this rock everyone else is.

Poetry by Brian37(poems by an atheist) Also on Facebook as BrianJames Rational Poet and Twitter Brianrrs37
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
15-11-2014, 04:23 PM
I consider myself to be exceptionally average and have good charter. I like me and would not mind having me as a friend.
15-11-2014, 04:45 PM
This about sums it up.

[Image: Accountant_zpsa13a990e.jpg]

"I feel as though the camera is almost a kind of voyeur in Mr. Beans life, and you just watch this bizarre man going about his life in the way that he wants to."

-Rowan Atkinson
[+] 4 users Like Can_of_Beans's post
15-11-2014, 04:55 PM
The older I get the less I care about what others think of me.
I'm comfortable with who I am, warts and all.
[+] 6 users Like pablo's post
15-11-2014, 04:59 PM
(15-11-2014 04:55 PM)pablo Wrote:  The older I get the less I care about what others think of me.
I'm comfortable with who I am, warts and all.

I don't know...Personally, I hope I'm never so old that I'm OK with warts. Sadcryface

"I feel as though the camera is almost a kind of voyeur in Mr. Beans life, and you just watch this bizarre man going about his life in the way that he wants to."

-Rowan Atkinson
[+] 4 users Like Can_of_Beans's post