17-11-2014, 02:01 AM
RE: What do you think of yourself?
I'm a particle on a spec- but I know I am a particle on a spec. Big Grin
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 5 users Like LadyJane's post
17-11-2014, 02:03 AM
Yeah, I guess I'm a pretty solid sport. People seem to think I'm way more awesome than I tend to view myself. Not due to low self-esteem so much as that I'm just used to all my whacky antics...like running around the house at 3AM in the morning for no apparent reason, ceaselessly chasing laser pointers, scooting my ass across a cozy carpet, bringing home dead animals, licking my balls in full view of everybody, etc. You know how it goes.

(16-11-2014 11:19 AM)Nurse Wrote:  I just wish I didn't blush so easily. Blush

You made a terrible mistake in allowing me access to this knowledge. Evil_monster

[Image: giphy.gif]
[+] 3 users Like Tartarus Sauce's post
17-11-2014, 04:46 PM
Given recent events and having well and truly entered Geriatric Ave that's a really good question.
Nothing endures except change and I was painfully shy teens and post teens.
Leaving a highly dysfunctional family at 16, I turned to alcohol and drugs to 'cure' my sense of alienation. Promiscuity too, led me along diverse and testing paths.

My long term major trait was a very inquiring mind, often esoteric issues.
Despite the alcohol, drugs, and lack of a meaningful lifestyle, I was functional, managing University, along with post graduate studies.

The rut of alcohol, anti depressants, drugs, difficult relationships, bizarre family issues and ongoing self assessements, has provided a long learning curve of sorts.

Of recent times I have moved to a somewhat uninspiring idealism, re human behaviour and the problems inherent therein. I label myself a secular and spiritual ponderer.
Some of my old bad behaviour, it would seem tended to limit my rationalizing of what is currently acceptable in it's essence. Need to address this in a more balanced manner.

These days I see myself as a compassionate person, who has been too judgemental in some areas. Some of my 'idealism' has been misplaced. I continue to work on myself, in good faith, and make any necessary changes. In some ways I may have been too tough on myself, expressing too rigid a stance in some areas, to negate some degree of self loathing.
[+] 2 users Like Mr Woof's post
17-11-2014, 06:09 PM
(14-11-2014 03:24 PM)dancefortwo Wrote:  It's a curious question but how do you see yourself.Do you like yourself? If you were to meet another one of you would you like you? Or can you actually see yourself clearly enough to make as assessment?

Hold on, let me find a mirror. God, I'm adorable! Got some pudge but I feel it accents me. Oh, you're meaning on more of a personality level, I'm thinking.

Well, I'm alright with me. I mean, I like living as me. I'm a bit too socially awkward (really, I am) and don't really do much but I like keeping to myself and don't need very much to entertain me so that's alright. I'm kind, goofy, quiet and thoughtful, all things that enjoy being. I guess I'd like me if I met me? I'm more of a loner so I don't know that if there was a second me that we'd really talk. Don't really talk much to myself to really gauge how well talking to a person just like me would go. I'm sure I'd like me well enough. If anything else, I could co-op with me or play versus. Oh oh oh! I'd have my stunt double! And that me would have the stunt double she always wanted! Hot damn nevermind I'd be excited to meet me! We'd swap sock, share our humble beer stashes, find good cds, all those fun things!

[Image: notagain.gif]
[+] 1 user Likes Miss Suzanne's post
17-11-2014, 09:43 PM
(17-11-2014 04:46 PM)Mr Woof Wrote:  These days I see myself as a compassionate person, who has been too judgemental in some areas. Some of my 'idealism' has been misplaced. I continue to work on myself, in good faith, and make any necessary changes. In some ways I may have been too tough on myself, expressing too rigid a stance in some areas, to negate some degree of self loathing.

As long as you are moving forward, old man. You are a nice guy IMO, don't loathe yourself Smile

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
17-11-2014, 10:37 PM
To damn critical of myself, have that over-thinking pretty much every possible situation thing. I can get deathly serious too, but when you get passed all that I can be a very pleasant and decent guyBig Grin

"I don't have to have faith, I have experience." Joseph Campbell
17-11-2014, 10:53 PM
I think next to nothing about myself... At least I'm always open to changing and shifting but that's about all I got to state; though I oddly do respect/like people I see that are like me, but I also pity them assuming they are in the same scenario as me. I actually gravitate toward people opposite of me in major ways really though.

"Allow there to be a spectrum in all that you see" - Neil Degrasse Tyson
18-11-2014, 05:30 PM
I don't really know myself too well. When other people relate to me, I'm not really sure what do they think they see. I could definitely use a memo, stuck as I am on the inside of me, hey you, I'm in here!
Sometimes I surprise or confuse myself, sometimes I am disappointed. I am always under a pressure for change and the change is something between adventure and hell. I am often frustrated and exasperated about myself, but I still admire myself for my tenacity. Our relationship is complicated. I suppose I like myself, hesitant as I am to admit it. But one thing I am sure of, the guy has moral standards and a clear enough conscience and I like that a lot. One hell of a fixer upper, but worth staying with and dying for! Cool