What do you top your tree with?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
10-12-2014, 02:37 PM
What do you top your tree with?
Most traditional Christmas tree topper seems to be a christian symbols. Star, angel... though I'm fond of star toppers as that's what I grew up with. What will you be topping your tree with this year?
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
10-12-2014, 02:41 PM
RE: What do you top your tree with?
[Image: Christmas%20-%20Mr%20Christmas%20-%20Mic...Topper.jpg]
Yeah..that's what mom likesTongue

"I don't have to have faith, I have experience." Joseph Campbell
10-12-2014, 02:44 PM
I leave trees outside where they do productive things like make the oxygen I breath. Outside that I don't even have a fake tree, because the entire holiday is fake and designed to do nothing but convince people to buy crap they don't need.

Poetry by Brian37(poems by an atheist) Also on Facebook as BrianJames Rational Poet and Twitter Brianrrs37
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Brian37's post
10-12-2014, 02:55 PM
When growing up I always used to put a smurf on top of the tree. Nowadays I don't decorate. In fact clearing away some of the previous owner's rubbish today I came across a load of Christmas decorations, all silver bauballs and stuff. I threw them away.
10-12-2014, 03:01 PM
Most of the time the tree just goes without anything up there, since my family's trees tend to scrape the ceiling. When we do have a topper, however, it's a figure of Snow White.

Popcorn I put more thought into fiction than theists put into reality.
10-12-2014, 03:29 PM
Like Brian I'd rather protect the environment than indulge in a silly pseudo x/tian festival--
10-12-2014, 03:31 PM
We usually do a star. Christians certainly don't own that symbol (or the tree itself for that matter). My son is absolutely obsessed with Darth Vader and someone posted to my Facebook wall a pic of a Darth Vader tree-topper and he wants to do that now. We have his Darth Vader mask from Halloween - it's going on the tree this year!
[+] 1 user Likes Mr. Boston's post
10-12-2014, 03:34 PM
How about a dildo?

[Image: Dickhead_on_the_Top_o_the_Tree.jpg]

Atheism is NOT a Religion. It's A Personal Relationship With Reality!
[+] 3 users Like Minimalist's post
10-12-2014, 03:53 PM
Usually a star, but this year I got my grandmothers .....hmmm...I don't know what its called....it kinda looks like the one in the photo above by grizzlysnake minus Mickey Mouse, and mine is silver color from probably the 1920's- 1930's??

"Life is a daring adventure or it is nothing"--Helen Keller
10-12-2014, 04:09 PM
I haven't decorated in years... maybe a sparkly ornament or two hanging about but it's just for me. However when I did go all out, I had a sweet little bow I would tie at the top... it lets the tree stick out and look like a tree.

I have one of those tall, skinny, fake trees that looks very, very real and I keep it up as decoration all year, not just during xmas time. Just last spring, I moved it into my "junk" room and it looks kind of happy in there. That room needed some greenery... even if it's fake. I've been thinking about moving it to my bedroom.

Many years ago, my cousin saw my tree in July and decided he needed some green, too... he bought one for each corner in his formal dining room. I noticed 2 of them are still there and the the other 2 are in his family room. I also just realized that quite a few people in my family seem to have a tree of some sort (real or fake) scattered around the house, year round. Consider Hmm... maybe it's a family thing.

I have fond memories of making xmas trees with my family... we're a crafty bunch. Shy

A new type of thinking is essential if mankind is to survive and move to higher levels. ~ Albert Einstein
[+] 1 user Likes kim's post