What do you want to be when/if you grow up?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
29-11-2011, 09:13 PM
What do you want to be when/if you grow up?
That's about it.

Some of us are young or very young, with a whole world of choices waiting up ahead. If you don't think, those choices might look simple and easy. If you do think, a lot of complications and obstacles may appear, and you may need to navigate around them and devise a Plan B .... C.... D....

Some of us are adults, or merely grown up, or maybe even old. That doesn't mean we've necessarily stopped making plans or having hopes for the future. Futures don't need to be long to be interesting. So, if you have no growing up to do, what more would you like to be before you die?

It's not the mean god I have trouble with - it's the people who worship a mean god.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like Peterkin's post
29-11-2011, 09:59 PM
RE: What do want to be when/if you grow up?
As a job I'd love to do any number of creative things. Mainly I'd love to be a novelist as well as have my hand somehow in the movies. Failing all of that I would also love to be a scientist. A brain scientist. If someone would pay me or at the very least give me free rent I would love to study the human psychological mind. Find out why we are so completely insane.

What would I like to do ideally with my life other than work? Live on a beach with my lovely wife and daughter. Relax. Read. Swim and enjoy myself. I would like to be more involved in reality by having my voice heard among the lunatics of the world. Oh and invent a time machine.

"I think of myself as an intelligent, sensitive human being with the soul of a clown which always forces me to blow it at the most important moments." -Jim Morrison
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes lucradis's post
29-11-2011, 10:07 PM (This post was last modified: 29-11-2011 10:25 PM by GirlyMan.)
RE: What do you want to be when/if you grow up?
(29-11-2011 09:13 PM)Peterkin Wrote:  So, if you have no growing up to do, what more would you like to be before you die?

Someone who prolongs the inevitable just by keeping rescheduling the date comes to mind. ... Goddam, no bullshit promises attached.

This is not my signature.
[+] 1 user Likes GirlyMan's post
29-11-2011, 10:18 PM

Once I asked my chiropractor: "Doc, can you make me young again?"

He pondered the question, for almost a minute, then he said:

"No. You had your chance -- it's my turn now!"

What I would like to do before I die is to beat him to a pulp! Big Grin
Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Zatamon's post
29-11-2011, 10:22 PM
What is growing up? I'm still trying to get myself around something my daughter did tonight. She is 6 and lost a tooth today. At school the kids and teacher were talking about the tooth fairy and what the fairy might give her. At dinner she was carrying on about it and my wife and I didn't stop her. She asked me, "what does the tooth fairy look like?" I said, "what do you think she looks like?" She said, "I don't know, I've never seen her." I told her that was a good answer. It makes me wonder whether we are bringing her up to understand what is real and what is not when we let her go on about some creature that takes kid's lost teeth at night... until this night. When she went to bed she carefully put it under her pillow, then turned to me with surprise, "Dad, What the hell does the tooth fairy do with teeth?" Again, stupid me says, "what do you think she does with them?" She didn't say a thing and laid down. About 5 minutes later she stamps out of her room and blurted out, "DAD... Gimme the dollar!" and drops the tooth down on my desk. She waited till I gave it to her.

I guess we are doing something right!

We all grew up a little this evening.

What do I want to be when I grow up? A kid like her.

Who can turn skies back and begin again?
[+] 1 user Likes defacto7's post
30-11-2011, 01:09 AM (This post was last modified: 02-12-2011 03:16 AM by Thammuz.)
I'd like to be a Wall Street speculant, gaining huge bonusses for irresponsible behaviour, breaking up companies and putting thousands without a job.
Then I'd like a side job as a lobbyist where I'd fight to diminish or completely abolish welfare for lazy bastards who claim to have lost their jobs due to unexplainable speculation on the financial markets.
I'd also like to be a writer of a book called 'why you are a loser and always will be' and then sell millions of copies to people having lost their jobs due to the financial crisis and desperately seek for anything that can help them give a job.
And last but not least, I'd buy 'dead peasant' insurance in companies that are practically bankrupt (due to my irresponsible behaviour) and get huge benefits from those workers who go insane and kill themselves.

Sadly enough, I don't think I'll get to fulfill this dream. I checked Wall Street a few days ago and there was u huge crowd shouting all kinds of stuff; something about 99% (I barely had 78% on my degree, hope this doesn't ruin my chances).
I swear to you, I couldn't drop off my résumé anywhere. Guess everybody wants a job like this. Sad for me... How am I going to make this world a better place if I never get the chance? Sad

edit: typo

"Infinitus est numerus stultorum." (The number of fools is infinite)
[+] 2 users Like Thammuz's post
30-11-2011, 10:21 AM

Honestly, I just want to be able to say:
"Yes. I did some good in the world. What about you?"

Any job that will take care of my family/future family, works for me.
Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes calmyourtitsbro's post
30-11-2011, 10:57 AM
I'm really confident in myself, and I feel like I have so much potential, I'm just afraid I won't be able to accomplish it all.

I'm inspired by a few number of "celebrities"; authors, musicians, comedians, theologists. Even my best friends.
1. I want to make my own T-shirts one day. Like professional T-shirts, and get them out on the web. Perhaps on district lines, or make my own website and promote it, like RoccoTheGreat. :3

2. I want to master piano one day. I play piano currently, and I'd say I'm pretty decent, if not good. But I just want to be one of those people who can play piano and get amazing reactions from people. I just want to inspire people, like the people that've inspired me.

3. This sounds amature at best, but I love taking pictures. Of everything. Objects, myself, anything. All I blog about it photography, and not to brag, but people do tell me I've got a good angle and that I hold potential for it. Not like I'd get my hopes up; just a simple dream, you know?

4. I want to learn how to cut my own hair, color it, and do the same for others. I think being a hair stylist would be really fun, and working the job daily, you could encounter endless possibilities. Just seems like it'd always be fun. (:

5. In more serious matters, I've noticed over the years that I'm not a big baby when it comes to blood, and horror movies don't sicken me. NOT SAYING I WANT TO MURDER ANYONE OR ANYTHING, but I think I'd do well as a surgical nurse, taking into consideration that I believe I have the stomach for it, and anatomy and whatnot interests me.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes itsFerdinand's post
30-11-2011, 11:24 AM
I want to be well paid and super rich, I just haven't figured out how to get there yet Big Grin.

Maybe I'll just keep buying lottery tickets.

Best and worst of Ferdinand .....
Best
Ferdinand: We don't really say 'theist' in Alabama. Here, you're either a Christian, or you're from Afghanistan and we fucking hate you.
Worst
Ferdinand: Everyone from British is so, like, fucking retarded.
[+] 1 user Likes Hughsie's post
30-11-2011, 03:00 PM
I wanna be a kitty!!!! And my dream will come true =p I'll send pictures ~_^

I'm not a non believer, I believe in the possibility of anything. I just don't let the actuality of something be determined by a 3rd party.
[+] 1 user Likes Lilith Pride's post