What do you want to happen within your lifetime?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
11-04-2015, 09:51 PM (This post was last modified: 11-04-2015 10:05 PM by EvolutionKills.)
RE: What do you want to happen within your lifetime?
I want to see a human on the surface of Mars.

[Image: list_2_140_20101210_032153_525.jpg]

Murderous death-robot optional.

[Image: E3WvRwZ.gif]
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like EvolutionKills's post
11-04-2015, 10:20 PM
Marijuana to be legalized.

Pennies to be removed from circulation.

A couple of personal things I shouldn't post here.

I also want to greatly increase the amount of books I own, and be able to say I've read them all.

The essence of life is statistical improbability on a colossal scale.
[+] 1 user Likes Spooky's post
12-04-2015, 05:38 AM
Within my life time? Oh, that's easy, I don't have such a large chunk of time left. I want my persimmon trees and my fig trees to bear tons of fruit. I want short, mellow winters. Recreational weed will be legal here in 3 month's time, so I will get to see that. Yeah!!

More in tune with other comments, but not gonna happen within my lifetime:

I want social evolution to continue. Gay rights and racial and gender equality to continue to ripen to the point where it's not even in the conversation anymore. Proper research into food additives before they are allowed. The end of institutionalized animal torture. Cures for the various types of cancer. And, of course, the general population to shed the chains of religion.

[Image: dobie.png]Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
[+] 3 users Like Dom's post
12-04-2015, 05:47 AM
Commercial fusion reactors everywhere.

Quantum Physics: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.
[+] 2 users Like Alex K's post
12-04-2015, 05:54 AM
The true separation of church and state.

The ability of the religious moderates to understand that their cherry picking only gives power to the extremists.

But most of all, I would like for our adrenal glands to finally evolve.

Also, I'd like to have mutant powers.

A little rudeness and disrespect can elevate a meaningless interaction to a battle of wills and add drama to an otherwise dull day - Bill Watterson
12-04-2015, 06:09 AM
I'd like to see the three biggest dicks on the planet stop using it for their sky daddy war.

Poetry by Brian37(poems by an atheist) Also on Facebook as BrianJames Rational Poet and Twitter Brianrrs37
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Brian37's post
12-04-2015, 07:50 AM
I wanna hook my brain up to the Internet...
12-04-2015, 07:54 AM
I want Hughsie or Ferdi to show us that picture of you-know-who's balls that we all know got sent. Yes
I want my dog to win the surf dog trophy.

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
[+] 1 user Likes Bucky Ball's post
12-04-2015, 07:56 AM
In order of my estimated likelihood in my lifetime:

A female U.S. President.

Discovery of extraterrestrial life. Intelligent would be incredible but any life would be great.

Confirmation of super symmetry or other aspect of string theory.

Christian minority in the U.S.

More than half of all cars are electric.

Practical nuclear fusion power.

Building the first space elevator.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 2 users Like AFTT47's post
12-04-2015, 09:10 AM
I want AGW haters to choke on the dust from the deserts of California or lose their ocean side multimillion dollar shacks to major tropical storms.

I want the oil industry to find out there IS enough water but it will cost 30 times the money they made fracking to purify it. And they have to pay.

I want the greedy fucks that will collapse the global economy for the second time in 100 years to jump off their ivory towers in fits of despair.

I want aliens to show up and have Ken Ham, Pat and Phil Robertson, Rick Santorum et al. greet them with the words "you are going to hell because you are not the chosen people" just before they melt their flesh.

I want someone to find the USS Cyclops.

I want President Obama to teach the american people a hard lesson by giving the GOP everything they want and then some.
  • No tax on the top 10%.
  • No corporate taxes (I actually like this because anything they pay, they pass on to consumers anyway, usually marked up too),
  • a 7.2 m cement wall (double the height of the Berlin wall) with auto turrets every 100 yards on both land borders.
  • internal border check points within 100 miles of all airports accepting international flights. This would include the 25 mile border search exemption zone.
  • enforcement of the above rule on all ocean side property like the Bush and Kennedy compounds.Evil_monster and all overseas territories like Guam, USVI.
  • mandatory church attendance. I wonder what a FSM church would look like?
  • remove all regulatory bodies (FCC, FAA, CDC, FDA et al.) and see how fast it takes people to notice.
  • give the right to bear arms back to everyone i.e. no infringements whatsoever

I want the realization that teaching everyone in the public school system that 2+2=4 is actually common core too.Shocking

I could go on but I might become giddy
[+] 1 user Likes RogueWarrior's post