What do you worry about?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
13-08-2015, 11:48 AM
RE: What do you worry about?
Making money, so I can move out as fast as I can.

[Image: Guilmon-41189.gif] https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCOW_Ioi2wtuPa88FvBmnBgQ my youtube
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like Metazoa Zeke's post
13-08-2015, 11:50 AM (This post was last modified: 13-08-2015 12:11 PM by goodwithoutgod.)
Sometimes I regret having had children...to knowingly, and willfully bring children into this fucked up violent world which is riddled with ever increasing terrorists, religious idiots who use their beliefs as a causal for influencing laws, dipshits who hate the government so decide to do a mass shooting...seems to be everyday in the news...just all of the negative crap we deal with now in society, makes the options and outlook for a safe, secure and happy life for my children, and perhaps their children a dismal affair. there are no guarantees in life of course, it could be the quintessential 1950s and they has stress and worry as well.

I remember when I was a child in school, being worried because they were telling us the world would be out of gas and oil within 20 years, and then the apocalypse would descend upon us all...anarchy will rule and people will be killing each other and starving...40 years later, gas is $2.35USD a gallon...and the world is still here, albeit more dangerous, and more violent then ever.

So as screwed up as it sounds, I love my children completely, but when I look in their smiling faces I feel a bit of regret, for their future is uncertain, and the dangers and violence these days is seemingly growing out of control. I blame myself for anything bad that happens or will happen to them, as it wouldn't if I hadn't help bring them into this world.

But then again, you gotta shake it off and say there is also much happiness, joy, love, inspiration and wonder in our world, why deny them that?

For me, I worry about my looming transition from the military after 30 years into the civilian sector, complicated further by the fact we are moving to be close to my inlaws, which is backwoods fucking Tennessee, where you can't sling a dead cat without hitting a church.....joy. I have also had more injuries this year than in my entire life combined, and this worries me as well.

But meh, life is good, live it...make every day count. I fight my natural pessimism everyday....I don't want to be THAT guy..."get outa my yard!"....lol

"Belief is so often the death of reason" - Qyburn, Game of Thrones

"The Christian community continues to exist because the conclusions of the critical study of the Bible are largely withheld from them." -Hans Conzelmann (1915-1989)
[+] 5 users Like goodwithoutgod's post
13-08-2015, 12:18 PM
The upcoming presidential election, the large numbers of Christians (and religious fanatics of other stripes, too) who seem want to make everyone live by the rules of their imaginary god, college costs, my husband's ability to to survive his biking and flying hobbies, given that he is accident prone, extra pounds that want to stick stick stick on me, basically life, the universe, and everything.

I make a few minutes at a time to worry, to write down any plans to deal with the worries, and then put all that stuff out of my mind as much as possible.
[+] 2 users Like julep's post
13-08-2015, 12:25 PM
(13-08-2015 11:50 AM)goodwithoutgod Wrote:  backwoods fucking Tennessee

What part? Some of backwoods fucking Tennessee is beautiful.

[Image: e07b41ba7131973be81151c820ab6c76]

Save a life. Adopt a greyhound.

[Image: anigrey.gif]
[+] 1 user Likes Popeye's Pappy's post
13-08-2015, 12:35 PM
Nothing.
13-08-2015, 01:01 PM
(13-08-2015 12:25 PM)Popeyes Pappy Wrote:  
(13-08-2015 11:50 AM)goodwithoutgod Wrote:  backwoods fucking Tennessee

What part? Some of backwoods fucking Tennessee is beautiful.

[Image: e07b41ba7131973be81151c820ab6c76]

oh it is breath-takingly beautiful...truly. Dandridge Tennessee, about 40 or so mins from Knoxville, or so I am told. The rub for me is I have spent 30 years in the military building relationships and experience in my field, and I have a plethora of job offers starting immediately right here in Norfolk Va. While I don't particularly like this area, (it isn't bad, but traffic is horrific) I have endless job opportunities where I will walk right into a job starting at almost what I make after 30 years, so on top of my retirement, would be quite nice...buuuuut my wife and her mom have an unbelievably close relationship, and her mom is dealing with stage 4 Alzheimer's, so she wants to move close to mom and I completely support that....just kinda sucks at the huge drop in income I will have to absorb to do so. Not sure what I will find in bum fuck beautiful Tennessee job wise, but it IS a gorgeous place to retire Smile

Perhaps (as I tell my bemused wife constantly) I can get a job at Bubba's Bait, Gun and Tackle Shop bagging up worms by the pound for $7 an hour.... Laugh out load

"The Christian community continues to exist because the conclusions of the critical study of the Bible are largely withheld from them." -Hans Conzelmann (1915-1989)
[+] 2 users Like goodwithoutgod's post
13-08-2015, 01:02 PM
1. Cancer. Within the last 8 years, my entire family (mother, father, two brothers) has died of cancer -- 3 of them from lung cancer. And I was a smoker (of both cigarettes and marijuana) for over 20 years, so I am at risk as well. And it's a really shitty way to die.

2. Financial ruin. I'm 60 years old, have no retirement savings to speak of, and might outlive the industry I'm working in. If I lose my current job, I'll be in a world of hurt, because nobody else will pay me anywhere near what I'm making now.

There are other worries, of course, but those are the big two.
[+] 1 user Likes Grasshopper's post
13-08-2015, 01:09 PM
Shouldn't be too hard to get a job in Knoxville.

Retired as a what? I know some people at Oak Ridge, but that would be a hell of a commute.

13-08-2015, 01:16 PM
(13-08-2015 01:09 PM)Popeyes Pappy Wrote:  Shouldn't be too hard to get a job in Knoxville.

Retired as a what? I know some people at Oak Ridge, but that would be a hell of a commute.

Chief Warrant Officer 4, 7160, Surface Ordnance type. Degrees are in Crim field with specializations in Homeland Security and Critical Incident Management. I intend to try applying for the Department of Homeland Security as an Emergency Management Director....or I may just sweep the floors at the nearest Bass Pro Shop Tongue

13-08-2015, 01:23 PM
Nucs? If so, I definitely know somebody to talk to if you're interested in decommissioning.

[+] 2 users Like Popeye's Pappy's post