What does a hamster know?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
25-08-2016, 08:30 AM
RE: What does a hamster know?
They know how to get down.

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Revenant77x's post
25-08-2016, 08:35 AM
We had a hamster. We had a cat. We still have the cat.

Shakespeare's Comedy of Errors.... on Donald J. Trump:

He is deformed, crooked, old, and sere,
Ill-fac’d, worse bodied, shapeless every where;
Vicious, ungentle, foolish, blunt, unkind,
Stigmatical in making, worse in mind.
[+] 2 users Like dancefortwo's post
25-08-2016, 10:35 AM
Not hamsters, but I have two anoles who are also a lil particular about their food. They eat crickets just fine, but when it comes to fruit flies, they eat em like they're little Doritos with legs. They can't get enough.

UNLESS of course, they'd been dusted with vitamins. Then it's like trying to get a kid to eat his veggies.

Ignorance is not to be ignored.

Check out my DA gallery! http://oo-kiri-oo.deviantart.com/gallery/
25-08-2016, 12:48 PM
(25-08-2016 08:35 AM)dancefortwo Wrote:  We had a hamster. We had a cat. We still have the cat.

My friend had a pet hamster. They too had a cat.

One afternoon they returned home to find the dead hamster on her daughter's bed. Like a gift only a cat would understand.

They still have the cat.

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces

[+] 1 user Likes Momsurroundedbyboys's post
25-08-2016, 10:16 PM
(24-08-2016 05:50 PM)Dom Wrote:  There are things we have in common and things we don't.

When animals reason, they do it only in linear fashion. 1 leads to 2 leads to 3. The connection between 1 and 2 is made, the connection between 2 and 3 is made, but the connection between 1 and 3 is never made.

They do have the basic emotions, but you have to be careful not to call human constructs "emotion". One example is guilt. It's a human construct. Animals do not feel guilt.

If your dog looks guilty to you, he feels you are angry and is trying to make himself small, letting everything hang down. Looks guilty as heck to us. It's not guilt. He usually has no idea what you are angry about (see linear reasoning, if anything at all happened between his mis-step and your anger, no connection).

Some animals are smarter than others, but they all have linear reasoning and it is up to you to teach within those limitations. All animals can be taught things by using food (even fish). Some animals will do it for affection (like dogs).

Most times people declare the animal stupid, when in reality the human is too stupid to understand how the animal reasons.

I thought you might find this study intriguing. The crows need to get a piece of meat that they can only retrieve with a long stick - the tool. But this tool is in a location such that they cannot reach it, without another tool. They are able to use a different tool to retrieve the correct tool and then the meat.

http://www.cell.com/current-biology/abst...07)01770-8

We have to remember that what we observe is not nature herself, but nature exposed to our method of questioning ~ Werner Heisenberg
[+] 2 users Like tomilay's post
26-08-2016, 01:26 AM (This post was last modified: 26-08-2016 01:32 AM by Dworkin.)
(25-08-2016 10:16 PM)tomilay Wrote:  I thought you might find this study intriguing. The crows need to get a piece of meat that they can only retrieve with a long stick - the tool. But this tool is in a location such that they cannot reach it, without another tool. They are able to use a different tool to retrieve the correct tool and then the meat.

http://www.cell.com/current-biology/abst...07)01770-8

tomilay,

Thanks for that. Here is one called 'dancing seagulls'. I saw it in the park and turns out that the seagulls are agitating the ground where worms are likely to be, the worms poke their little heads out and .........

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_ta3-A-xeMw

D.
[+] 1 user Likes Dworkin's post
26-08-2016, 01:34 AM
Crows are pretty good at learning quickky it seems.

Tomorrow is precious, don't ruin it by fouling up today.
[+] 2 users Like Gloucester's post
27-08-2016, 04:44 AM
(24-08-2016 04:58 PM)unsapien Wrote:  I've seen a ewe allow a lamb, that she knew was not hers but was part of the flock, to suckle milk from her.

But I've also seen one "head butt" a lamb, that was hers, away every time it tried to suckle from her, so we had to take it away and bottle feed it our selves.

All I know is that hamster and human alike...

N.B. Mothers suckle, babies suck.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
27-08-2016, 05:29 PM
Everything.