What does science say about firearms?

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 1 Average
05-10-2017, 01:13 PM
RE: What does science say about firearms?
(05-10-2017 12:40 PM)Brian37 Wrote:  
(05-10-2017 12:29 PM)Grasshopper Wrote:  Are you capable of conducting an argument without name-calling and profanity?

May I remind you that you started this thread with an argument about gun deaths in the home (saying nothing about mass shootings, etc.)? The swimming pool comparison is entirely appropriate in that context. Get a grip.

Yea because being called names is so much worse than being DEAD.

Sorry, but I DO take this personally, because when I was a kid, my dad got drunk off his ass and shot his 38 with me in the room. If it were not for my mom yanking me out of the house I could easily be a statistic.

AND my 1984 yearbook has a PICTURE of the San Ysidro McDonald's massacre in it.

I offended them? BOO AND FUCKING WHO

If they want to shut me up, then FUCKING DO SOMETHING because "thoughts and prayers" and "moments of silence" and "now is not the time"

IS NOT FUCKING WORKING.

You sound like the Pope defending the Hebdo attackers.

Point being, if our laws worked the way the gun worshipers said, NOBODY WOULD BE BITCHING.

If our laws worked the way they claimed we would not see this month after month, year after year decade after decade.

If their laws worked the way they claimed we would not have 93 of our fellow citizens dying EVERY FUCKING DAY.

I am sorry, but if you think getting cussed out is worse than dying, or worse than losing a loved one to gun violence, all I can say is, CHECK YOUR PRIORITIES.

Now, I would LOVE nothing more than not having to address this issue month after month and year after year and decade after decade.

But I don't want to fucking hear it. PLEASE shut me up AND DO SOMETHING. But what we are doing right now IS NOT FUCKING WORKING.

I am tired of the "sell more and do nothing" BULLSHIT.

PROVE IT, and when our death toll from firearms is say like that of Japan, then I'd be happy to shut up.

CHOP CHOP, but hollow cliches and platitudes and excuses are bullshit.

You need to tell your doctor your medicine isn't working.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like I'mFred's post
05-10-2017, 01:14 PM (This post was last modified: 05-10-2017 01:19 PM by Brian37.)
(05-10-2017 12:51 PM)Grasshopper Wrote:  
(05-10-2017 12:40 PM)Brian37 Wrote:  .....

You sound like the Pope defending the Hebdo attackers.

I'm not defending anyone. I'm informing you that you are acting like a jackass.

Go back and read your original post in this thread, and then read the responses. They are perfectly reasonable responses to the argument you were making. Responding to these with a stream of frothing-at-the-mouth profanity accomplishes nothing except to make you look like (a) someone who can't read, and/or (b) an asshole.

Also, it's not about hurting people's feelings. It's about hurting your own case, along with the case of anyone else who might argue for sane gun control (yes, that includes me). If you have an argument to make, make it coolly and calmly (like those who are arguing against you). Profanity convinces nobody. It's counterproductive. If that's all you've got, you would do the cause a great service by shutting up.

It's embarrassing to be on your side when you go out of your way to come across like an insane asshole.

Ok I am a jackass

Meanwhile

August 1966 a month before I was born, a disturbed nut climbed clock tower and murdered 13 on a College campus in Texas.

Then Reagan and Brady get shot.

Then a guy goes into a McDonalds in 84 and murders 21

Then another nut goes into a Lubies Cafeteria in Waco in the 90s

Then another nut murders his wife and kids in Atlanta then goes to the day trading office and murders 9. Also the same decade.

Then Columbine

Then a movie theatre

Then Va Tech

Then a black church in Charlston

And who the fuck gives a shit about Newtown 20 kids and 6 teachers?

And that does not include all the ones I didn't mention. That does not include the firearm suicides, family violence, accidental which constitute the MAJORITY of firearm fatalities.

Again, if you are more worried about me being blunt about our laws that do not work what do you want me to say? I think the dead and their families have more right to bitch than you do complaining about my bluntness saying we have problem.

I am not your enemy. If you want less firearm fatalities, our laws do not work, and those whom support those laws, there is no polite way to put it. THEY SUCK.

Poetry by Brian37(poems by an atheist) Also on Facebook as BrianJames Rational Poet and Twitter Brianrrs37
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
05-10-2017, 01:17 PM
I totally agree with Fred.

Yes, there are times we say thing we never thought we would, this is one of those times.

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF
[+] 2 users Like Anjele's post
05-10-2017, 01:17 PM
(05-10-2017 01:14 PM)Brian37 Wrote:  
(05-10-2017 12:51 PM)Grasshopper Wrote:  I'm not defending anyone. I'm informing you that you are acting like a jackass.

Go back and read your original post in this thread, and then read the responses. They are perfectly reasonable responses to the argument you were making. Responding to these with a stream of frothing-at-the-mouth profanity accomplishes nothing except to make you look like (a) someone who can't read, and/or (b) an asshole.

Also, it's not about hurting people's feelings. It's about hurting your own case, along with the case of anyone else who might argue for sane gun control (yes, that includes me). If you have an argument to make, make it coolly and calmly (like those who are arguing against you). Profanity convinces nobody. It's counterproductive. If that's all you've got, you would do the cause a great service by shutting up.

It's embarrassing to be on your side when you go out of your way to come across like an insane asshole.

Ok I am a jackass

Meanwhile

August 1966 a month before I was born, a disturbed nut climbed clock tower and murdered 13 on a College campus in Texas.

Then another nut murders his wife and kids in Atlanta then goes to the day trading office and murders 9. Also the same decade.

Then Columbine

Then a movie theatre

Then Va Tech

And that does not include all the ones I didn't mention. That does not include the firearm suicides, family violence, accidental which constitute the MAJORITY of firearm fatalities.

Again, if you are more worried about me being blunt about our laws that do not work what do you want me to say? I think the dead and their families have more right to bitch than you do complaining about my bluntness saying we have problem.

I am not your enemy. I you want less firearm fatalities, our laws do not work, and those whom support those laws, there is no polite way to put it. THEY SUCK.

None of which has anything to do with the topic of this thread.

Who do you think you are convincing with these rants? I'll give you a clue -- nobody. Absolutely nobody. If anything, you are sending people to the other side. Thanks for nothing. I'm about ready to buy a few guns myself, just to spite you.
[+] 3 users Like Grasshopper's post
05-10-2017, 01:19 PM
Quote:Then Reagan and Brady get shot.

lol @ the joke I'm not even going to bother with
05-10-2017, 01:31 PM
(05-10-2017 01:17 PM)Grasshopper Wrote:  
(05-10-2017 01:14 PM)Brian37 Wrote:  Ok I am a jackass

Meanwhile

Then Columbine

Then a movie theatre

Then Va Tech

I am not your enemy. I you want less firearm fatalities, our laws do not work, and those whom support those laws, there is no polite way to put it. THEY SUCK.

None of which has anything to do with the topic of this thread.

Who do you think you are convincing with these rants? I'll give you a clue -- nobody. Absolutely nobody. If anything, you are sending people to the other side. Thanks for nothing. I'm about ready to buy a few guns myself, just to spite you.

I started the topic.

I bet you feel now like you should buy one because you think I am crazy right?

Bad logic because under our current laws, I have no record and nothing would prevent me from buying one.

That is the problem with our laws. The nut whom collected 30 rifles over the past year had no record.

FYI I am not crazy, just pissed. I am quite sane, but if you want to call my bluntness crazy, I could give a shit less.

I don't own a firearm and never will. But I don't want to hear shit from the right whom say they want to keep them out of the wrong hands, then scream like hypocrites when we agree we should keep them out of the wrong hands.

Yea, cuss words are exactly like bullets and just as deadly. Got it.

Hate to burst your bubble, but if you go to bed at night without a bullet in your head and the worst you get is a "fuck you", you're having a damned good day.

Poetry by Brian37(poems by an atheist) Also on Facebook as BrianJames Rational Poet and Twitter Brianrrs37
05-10-2017, 01:40 PM
Quote:if you go to bed at night without a bullet in your head and the worst you get is a "fuck you", you're having a damned good day.

and I thought I had low expectations
[+] 1 user Likes I'mFred's post
05-10-2017, 01:45 PM
Oh.. I thought this thread was more about stuff like this => https://www.forgottenweapons.com/

Blush
05-10-2017, 01:54 PM
(05-10-2017 01:40 PM)ImFred Wrote:  
Quote:if you go to bed at night without a bullet in your head and the worst you get is a "fuck you", you're having a damned good day.

and I thought I had low expectations

No, if you want that talk to the NRA leadership and their corporate puppet masters.

When people whom defend the status quo say "other bad shit happens" when you point out to them that 36,000 firearm deaths happen on average per year, and their response is "oh well, what are you going to do?"

And you say, "You don't want to reduce that number?"

They repeat "Oh well what are you going to do"

They have low expectations because profits are far more important.

I think it is a very shitty attitude that we cant reduce firearm fatalities in America.

I think we CAN, but one corporate industry values profits over lives.

Do you want to reduce firearm fatalities, or coddle other's insecurities?

Ball is in your court.

05-10-2017, 02:04 PM
If we're going to talk arms reduction let's start with the government. I heard that got guns that can blow up a whole fucking city with just one shot.
[+] 2 users Like I'mFred's post