What does the bible say about fairies etc?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
17-06-2015, 12:30 PM
What does the bible say about fairies etc?
What does the bible say about fairies, vampires, dragons and other mythological creatures? Is there a source that lists the parts that claim these creatures are real?

Only one I know of is the talking snake from genesis lol.

My Youtube channel if anyone is interested.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCEkRdbq...rLEz-0jEHQ
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
17-06-2015, 12:40 PM
RE: What does the bible say about fairies etc?
Here is something about this.

The first revolt is against the supreme tyranny of theology, of the phantom of God. As long as we have a master in heaven, we will be slaves on earth.

Mikhail Bakunin.
17-06-2015, 12:42 PM
(17-06-2015 12:30 PM)Shadow Fox Wrote:  What does the bible say about fairies, vampires, dragons and other mythological creatures? Is there a source that lists the parts that claim these creatures are real?

[Image: main-qimg-888eae91a5b2363270c0e0c7a72086..._webp=true]

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 4 users Like Chas's post
17-06-2015, 12:52 PM (This post was last modified: 17-06-2015 12:57 PM by Shadow Fox.)
(17-06-2015 12:42 PM)Chas Wrote:  
(17-06-2015 12:30 PM)Shadow Fox Wrote:  What does the bible say about fairies, vampires, dragons and other mythological creatures? Is there a source that lists the parts that claim these creatures are real?

[Image: main-qimg-888eae91a5b2363270c0e0c7a72086..._webp=true]

I am gonna go with Demon. second guess with Dinosaur, because Christians keep arguing that Dinosaurs were the dragons in the bible.

My Youtube channel if anyone is interested.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCEkRdbq...rLEz-0jEHQ
17-06-2015, 12:56 PM
So many fantastical creatures, so little time.
17-06-2015, 01:00 PM
(17-06-2015 12:52 PM)Shadow Fox Wrote:  
(17-06-2015 12:42 PM)Chas Wrote:  [Image: main-qimg-888eae91a5b2363270c0e0c7a72086..._webp=true]

I am gonna go with Demon. second guess with Cockatrice.

There is mention of Cockatrice in KJV. Demon also appears but in KJV is transalted as devil I think.

So it have to be dinosaur.

The first revolt is against the supreme tyranny of theology, of the phantom of God. As long as we have a master in heaven, we will be slaves on earth.

Mikhail Bakunin.
17-06-2015, 01:02 PM
Just watch the new Harry Potter Spin Off movie and you'll know Tongue

"If you keep trying to better yourself that's enough for me. We don't decide which hand we are dealt in life, but we make the decision to play it or fold it" - Nishi Karano Kaze
17-06-2015, 01:04 PM
(17-06-2015 12:30 PM)Shadow Fox Wrote:  What does the bible say about fairies, vampires, dragons and other mythological creatures?

Well there are all the mythological PEOPLE. Moses, Abraham, Noah, Adam and Steve, ... bla bla bla.
Oh.
You meant beasts.

There is the great sea-beast, Leviathan. Leviathan is the primeval dragon beast which Yahweh subdued in Isaiah 27:1, Job 3:8, Amos 9:3, and Psalms 74:14. The sea beast is also referred to by the name Rahab, (Job 9:13, and Psalm 89:10). The Syro-Palestinian version of this myth was ubiquitous in the Ancient Near East, and occasionally just as the Abyss, (Habakkuk 3:10). Then there's the Biblical version of the Ra's Shamrah, (from 1400 BCE), in which Baal defeats a dragon-like monster: “You will crush Leviathan the fleeing serpent; you will consume the twisting serpent, the mighty one with seven heads.” (see Isaiah 27:1 which uses the same phrase.)

An older version of this myth is found in the Babylonian Creation Epic, in which the storm god Marduk defeats the sea monster Tiamat, (in other places, the Dragon of Chaos), and creates the earth and sky by cutting her corpse in two parts. The latter motif appears a number of times in the Bible verses that extol Yahweh’s military skills: “Was it not you who split Rahab in half, who pierced the dragon through?” (Isaiah 51:9; see also Job 26:12; Psalms 74:13, and 89:10).

Big Grin

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
[+] 2 users Like Bucky Ball's post
17-06-2015, 01:06 PM
It's dinosaur.

Bit of a trick question since the word was coined 230 years after the print of the KJV.

[Image: dog-shaking.gif]
17-06-2015, 05:34 PM
Image wise... that's absolutely nothing like what a Cherub as described by the bible looks like.

This is a cherub! [Image: Angels-Cherubim.jpg]

"Allow there to be a spectrum in all that you see" - Neil Degrasse Tyson
[+] 1 user Likes ClydeLee's post