What does the bible say about fairies etc?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
17-06-2015, 05:47 PM
RE: What does the bible say about fairies etc?
(17-06-2015 01:06 PM)kingschosen Wrote:  It's dinosaur.

Bit of a trick question since the word was coined 230 years after the print of the KJV.

Doesn't matter what you call it, there isn't anything with the description of a dinosaur in the Bible.

And please don't bring up Leviathan or Behemoth. They don't fit the description of any dino.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
17-06-2015, 05:49 PM
Yeah, this is pretty much one of the most ridiculous aspect of most religions. Not only do you have to believe in an all powerful god you also have to believe in demon's, angels, witches, magic, and djinn. People are still scared of demons in this day and age.

"I don't have to have faith, I have experience." Joseph Campbell
17-06-2015, 05:49 PM
They wear boots?

#sigh
17-06-2015, 06:10 PM
(17-06-2015 01:04 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  
(17-06-2015 12:30 PM)Shadow Fox Wrote:  What does the bible say about fairies, vampires, dragons and other mythological creatures?

Well there are all the mythological PEOPLE. Moses, Abraham, Noah, Adam and Steve, ... bla bla bla.
Oh.
You meant beasts.

There is the great sea-beast, Leviathan. Leviathan is the primeval dragon beast which Yahweh subdued in Isaiah 27:1, Job 3:8, Amos 9:3, and Psalms 74:14. The sea beast is also referred to by the name Rahab, (Job 9:13, and Psalm 89:10). The Syro-Palestinian version of this myth was ubiquitous in the Ancient Near East, and occasionally just as the Abyss, (Habakkuk 3:10). Then there's the Biblical version of the Ra's Shamrah, (from 1400 BCE), in which Baal defeats a dragon-like monster: “You will crush Leviathan the fleeing serpent; you will consume the twisting serpent, the mighty one with seven heads.” (see Isaiah 27:1 which uses the same phrase.)

An older version of this myth is found in the Babylonian Creation Epic, in which the storm god Marduk defeats the sea monster Tiamat, (in other places, the Dragon of Chaos), and creates the earth and sky by cutting her corpse in two parts. The latter motif appears a number of times in the Bible verses that extol Yahweh’s military skills: “Was it not you who split Rahab in half, who pierced the dragon through?” (Isaiah 51:9; see also Job 26:12; Psalms 74:13, and 89:10).

Big Grin

Abraham did exist. Although he might have had a different name.

Someone had to start the religion or come up with the first initial ideas. Didn't just come out of thin air!

My Youtube channel if anyone is interested.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCEkRdbq...rLEz-0jEHQ
17-06-2015, 06:44 PM (This post was last modified: 17-06-2015 06:49 PM by Bucky Ball.)
(17-06-2015 06:10 PM)Shadow Fox Wrote:  
(17-06-2015 01:04 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  Well there are all the mythological PEOPLE. Moses, Abraham, Noah, Adam and Steve, ... bla bla bla.
Oh.
You meant beasts.

There is the great sea-beast, Leviathan. Leviathan is the primeval dragon beast which Yahweh subdued in Isaiah 27:1, Job 3:8, Amos 9:3, and Psalms 74:14. The sea beast is also referred to by the name Rahab, (Job 9:13, and Psalm 89:10). The Syro-Palestinian version of this myth was ubiquitous in the Ancient Near East, and occasionally just as the Abyss, (Habakkuk 3:10). Then there's the Biblical version of the Ra's Shamrah, (from 1400 BCE), in which Baal defeats a dragon-like monster: “You will crush Leviathan the fleeing serpent; you will consume the twisting serpent, the mighty one with seven heads.” (see Isaiah 27:1 which uses the same phrase.)

An older version of this myth is found in the Babylonian Creation Epic, in which the storm god Marduk defeats the sea monster Tiamat, (in other places, the Dragon of Chaos), and creates the earth and sky by cutting her corpse in two parts. The latter motif appears a number of times in the Bible verses that extol Yahweh’s military skills: “Was it not you who split Rahab in half, who pierced the dragon through?” (Isaiah 51:9; see also Job 26:12; Psalms 74:13, and 89:10).

Big Grin

Abraham did exist. Although he might have had a different name.

Someone had to start the religion or come up with the first initial ideas. Didn't just come out of thin air!

He did not. The religion developed and eventually the myths from the Northern Kingdom (of which he was one) were incorporated. Archaeology has proven the places he and his family supposedly lived are impossible. Camels were not domesticated in the Levant until about 1000 BCE. There is no way he traveled from Ur as the story recounts. All the other elements of his story are ancient Near Eastern mimetic themes. We know pretty much how the religion developed. He had nothing to do with it. He was a "construct". http://www.thethinkingatheist.com/forum/...ble-Bull-s

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
17-06-2015, 07:06 PM
(17-06-2015 12:30 PM)Shadow Fox Wrote:  What does the bible say about fairies, vampires, dragons and other mythological creatures? Is there a source that lists the parts that claim these creatures are real?

Only one I know of is the talking snake from genesis lol.
To my knowledge it's silent about faries and vampires and I'm pretty sure those mythologies developed well after the start of the common era so the Bible would inherently have nothing to say about them. Dragons are more debatable as they were known at least to the translators of the KJV and so were a candidate word to use to represent some Greek or Hebrew term at least. The Revelation of John mentions "That old dragon, the serpent, which is Satan" and that's clearly a somewhat metaphorical reference. That's all I recall, though by this time I've forgotten more than I ever learned from the Bible I suppose.
18-06-2015, 01:40 AM
(17-06-2015 01:06 PM)kingschosen Wrote:  It's dinosaur.

Bit of a trick question since the word was coined 230 years after the print of the KJV.

But I thought Adam gave all the creatures a name :/
[+] 1 user Likes TheStraightener's post
18-06-2015, 05:09 AM
Fairies???

Isn't that what got Sodom and Gomorrah in so much trouble????

Wink

The difference between prayer and masturbation - is when a guy is through masturbating - he has something to show for his efforts.
18-06-2015, 08:30 AM
(18-06-2015 05:09 AM)onlinebiker Wrote:  Fairies???

Isn't that what got Sodom and Gomorrah in so much trouble????

Wink

Yes

Facepalm

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
18-06-2015, 09:24 AM
God HATES fairies.

[Image: mardi-gras-1.jpg]

God also hates fags.

[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTzeSwQnaaRQN11Ecto-h4...0GI6W5VJjI]

NOTE: Member, Tomasia uses this site to slander other individuals. He then later proclaims it a joke, but not in public.
I will call him a liar and a dog here and now.
Banjo.