What does the word ‘god’ refer to?

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 1 Average
08-10-2016, 03:10 AM
RE: What does the word ‘god’ refer to?
(07-10-2016 09:23 PM)WhiskeyDebates Wrote:  
(07-10-2016 02:46 PM)KerimF Wrote:  In science, as in solving math problems.....

In this case, we can prove that x doesn't exist (as a real number).
Which would be relevant if in science we were ever required to prove that something doesn't exist but we don't. You, as the claimant to a gods existence, have to demonstrate it's existence. Not only can you not do that you can't even provide a single demonstrable, falsifiable, and testable piece of evidence. Not one.
Belief is ONLY justified after a demonstration of it's validity and/or accuracy. You have failed to do this, indeed you have offered a "hypothesis" with exactly ZERO evidence that separates it or distinguishes it from fiction.

Here again, you assume I know the image of god that you heard of and from which you concluded that such a god cannot exist.
I don't mind you say and repeat: "The god, I heard of, doesn't exist". But, on my side, I can't be sure of what you are talking about, as long you cannot have a hypothesis of what the term 'god' (in your statement) is supposed to satisfy (or not to satisfy Wink ).

Facts that don't need evidences:
Sheep for milk live in peace because it is the will of their rich owners.
Dogs obeying rich masters deserve much better food and shelters than free dogs do.
Whoever has ears will hear.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
08-10-2016, 03:30 AM
(08-10-2016 03:01 AM)EvolutionKills Wrote:  
(08-10-2016 02:57 AM)KerimF Wrote:  I hear from you that the god you heard of (via certain references) doesn't exist in your reality.
But you also suppose that I should know how this imaginary god you heard of looks like.

Dude, just define a god in a way that can be falsifiable, then test it. So far everyone has either tested it and failed, or just hasn't supplied a testable definition, and therefore are using a meaningless definition. Given the complete and utter failure throughout time for any human to justify the existence of any such being, skepticism and disbelief are the only intellectually honest and rational positions to hold.

On my side, all images of Will/Power that created me offered on the world's table are not for me.
As I said earlier, the main role of my Creator is just to confirm what I may discover about my being and the world I live in (as it is, hence far from the great speeches and books). It happens that this Creator exists in my reality and thanks to his help I was able to live with no more confusion and fear of any sort.

So as long you are happy and/or satisfied the way you are, I don't see any reason for you to search your Creator as I did Wink

Dogs obeying rich masters deserve much better food and shelters than free dogs do.
08-10-2016, 03:34 AM
(08-10-2016 03:30 AM)KerimF Wrote:  
(08-10-2016 03:01 AM)EvolutionKills Wrote:  Dude, just define a god in a way that can be falsifiable, then test it. So far everyone has either tested it and failed, or just hasn't supplied a testable definition, and therefore are using a meaningless definition. Given the complete and utter failure throughout time for any human to justify the existence of any such being, skepticism and disbelief are the only intellectually honest and rational positions to hold.

On my side, all images of Will/Power that created me offered on the world's table are not for me.

Sorry, I don't speak gibberish. Could you try again, in English perhaps?

(08-10-2016 03:30 AM)KerimF Wrote:  As I said earlier, the main role of my Creator is just to confirm what I may discover about my being and the world I live in (as it is, hence far from the great speeches and books).

Right, so presupposition. Lame.

(08-10-2016 03:30 AM)KerimF Wrote:  It happens that this Creator exists in my reality and thanks to his help I was able to live with no more confusion and fear of any sort.

Delusional too. How terribly not original.

(08-10-2016 03:30 AM)KerimF Wrote:  So as long you are happy and/or satisfied the way you are, I don't see any reason for you to search your Creator as I did Wink

You know, if you weren't interested in an intelligent conversation, maybe just lead with that next time? Save everyone else a fuck ton of trouble.

[Image: E3WvRwZ.gif]
[+] 1 user Likes EvolutionKills's post
08-10-2016, 04:03 AM
(08-10-2016 03:34 AM)EvolutionKills Wrote:  
(08-10-2016 03:30 AM)KerimF Wrote:  On my side, all images of Will/Power that created me offered on the world's table are not for me.

Sorry, I don't speak gibberish. Could you try again, in English perhaps?

(08-10-2016 03:30 AM)KerimF Wrote:  As I said earlier, the main role of my Creator is just to confirm what I may discover about my being and the world I live in (as it is, hence far from the great speeches and books).

Right, so presupposition. Lame.

(08-10-2016 03:30 AM)KerimF Wrote:  It happens that this Creator exists in my reality and thanks to his help I was able to live with no more confusion and fear of any sort.

Delusional too. How terribly not original.

(08-10-2016 03:30 AM)KerimF Wrote:  So as long you are happy and/or satisfied the way you are, I don't see any reason for you to search your Creator as I did Wink

You know, if you weren't interested in an intelligent conversation, maybe just lead with that next time? Save everyone else a fuck ton of trouble.

Sorry, since I look an idiot (as a writer and a thinker) to you, please save your time and ignore anything that KerimF may write (in this forum or else), from now on.
I don't think ignoring someone's posts put ton of trouble on any reader.

Anyway, thank you for your sincerity.
And I wish you have intelligent conversations with those who speak your language and believe your ideas.

Your idiot, Kerim

08-10-2016, 04:10 AM
(08-10-2016 04:03 AM)KerimF Wrote:  Sorry, since I look an idiot (as a writer and a thinker) to you, please save your time and ignore anything that KerimF may write (in this forum or else), from now on.

And I wish you have intelligent conversations with those who speak your language and believe your ideas.

Your idiot, Kerim

Just one problem with that. It's hard to ignore when people come into your home and shit on the carpet.

[+] 2 users Like EvolutionKills's post
08-10-2016, 04:36 AM
(07-10-2016 09:23 PM)WhiskeyDebates Wrote:  
(07-10-2016 02:46 PM)KerimF Wrote:  So, it seems to me that most atheists don't use, for one reason or another, the scientific logic when discussing what we may call "spiritual matters".
Well you would be wrong. Lets talk "scientific logic" than:
1.) You have provided no evidence for the existence of a "spirit or soul", and given that you have the responsibility to do so and we have no need to disprove your assertions...

Well, could you tell me how a person can believe that electromagnetic waves do exist, in case he has not a single mean to detect them?
In this case, he, naturally, should deny their existence as long he, personally, cannot detect them (in any part of their vast spectrum) and, most of all, he cannot take advantage of using them.

In fact, what we may call a spirit or a soul is a personal matter. So if it happens that someone has no soul in him, he can never know what a soul (the human living soul) means to someone who has it and, therefore, perceives it, besides his human living flesh.

Now, the question is: "How could a man perceive the existence of his personal living soul?"
In this case, the 'unit under test' is 'his being'...
But since I respect the nature of which you are made, and going further in this experiment will likely heart your feelings... let's stop here and say together: A "spirit or soul" doesn't exist.

After all, there is no use to convince someone about something that he insists he can't perceive as he does with his human living body.

08-10-2016, 04:50 AM (This post was last modified: 08-10-2016 04:53 AM by KerimF.)
(08-10-2016 04:10 AM)EvolutionKills Wrote:  
(08-10-2016 04:03 AM)KerimF Wrote:  Sorry, since I look an idiot (as a writer and a thinker) to you, please save your time and ignore anything that KerimF may write (in this forum or else), from now on.

Your idiot, Kerim

Just one problem with that. It's hard to ignore when people come into your home and shit on the carpet.

Oh, I am very sorry; I didn't know this forum is your home. And I didn't notice that some posts here could, in certain cases, be considered as shit on your house's carpets that you cannot avoid.

Sorry, and you also gave me the impression that you are the ruling god of this forum. So, shouldn't I end up into your hell? Big Grin

08-10-2016, 04:55 AM
(08-10-2016 04:50 AM)KerimF Wrote:  
(08-10-2016 04:10 AM)EvolutionKills Wrote:  Just one problem with that. It's hard to ignore when people come into your home and shit on the carpet.

Oh, I am very sorry; I didn't know this forum is your home. And I didn't notice that some posts here could, in certain cases, be considered as shit on your house's carpets that you cannot avoid.

Sorry, and you also gave me the impression that you are the ruling god of this forum. So, shouldn't I end up into your hell? Big Grin

Hell? Give me some credit, I'm nowhere near as viscous a cunt as Yahweh. Drinking Beverage

08-10-2016, 05:05 AM
(08-10-2016 04:55 AM)EvolutionKills Wrote:  
(08-10-2016 04:50 AM)KerimF Wrote:  Oh, I am very sorry; I didn't know this forum is your home. And I didn't notice that some posts here could, in certain cases, be considered as shit on your house's carpets that you cannot avoid.

Hell? Give me some credit, I'm nowhere near as viscous a cunt as Yahweh. Drinking Beverage

Who is Yahweh? I guess he certainly has a certain hell too Big Grin

But, this ruling Yahweh doesn't exist in reality... while you DO.
Therefore, Yahweh' hell doesn't exist... while yours DO Drinking Beverage

08-10-2016, 05:33 AM
(08-10-2016 02:57 AM)KerimF Wrote:  I hear from you that the god you heard of (via certain references) doesn't exist in your reality.

There is no "your reality" or "my reality", there is only reality. If you believe that a god exists in reality you need to explain how it can be detected. If it can't be detected then it either doesn't exist or is irrelevant.

Quote:But you also suppose that I should know how this imaginary god you heard of looks like.

You re being asked how you "know" that the god you believe in exists. We think it is imaginary. Prove us wrong.

Atheism: it's not just for communists any more!
America July 4 1776 - November 8 2016 RIP
[+] 1 user Likes unfogged's post