What does the word ‘god’ refer to?

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 1 Average
08-10-2016, 05:55 AM
RE: What does the word ‘god’ refer to?
(08-10-2016 05:05 AM)KerimF Wrote:  
(08-10-2016 04:55 AM)EvolutionKills Wrote:  Hell? Give me some credit, I'm nowhere near as viscous a cunt as Yahweh. Drinking Beverage

Who is Yahweh? I guess he certainly has a certain hell too Big Grin

But, this ruling Yahweh doesn't exist in reality... while you DO.
Therefore, Yahweh' hell doesn't exist... while yours DO Drinking Beverage

Yeah, remember that bit where I can't read gibberish?

That hasn't changed in the last hour. Dodgy

[Image: E3WvRwZ.gif]
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
08-10-2016, 06:26 AM
(08-10-2016 04:36 AM)KerimF Wrote:  
(07-10-2016 09:23 PM)WhiskeyDebates Wrote:  Well you would be wrong. Lets talk "scientific logic" than:
1.) You have provided no evidence for the existence of a "spirit or soul", and given that you have the responsibility to do so and we have no need to disprove your assertions...

Well, could you tell me how a person can believe that electromagnetic waves do exist, in case he has not a single mean to detect them?
In this case, he, naturally, should deny their existence as long he, personally, cannot detect them (in any part of their vast spectrum) and, most of all, he cannot take advantage of using them.

In fact, what we may call a spirit or a soul is a personal matter. So if it happens that someone has no soul in him, he can never know what a soul (the human living soul) means to someone who has it and, therefore, perceives it, besides his human living flesh.

Now, the question is: "How could a man perceive the existence of his personal living soul?"
In this case, the 'unit under test' is 'his being'...
But since I respect the nature of which you are made, and going further in this experiment will likely heart your feelings... let's stop here and say together: A "spirit or soul" doesn't exist.

After all, there is no use to convince someone about something that he insists he can't perceive as he does with his human living body.

See this guy?

[Image: T1000headinhalf.jpg]

That's a T-1000 in Terminator 2, the T-1000 had the benefit of distributing it's computing capacity throughout it's body, so a headshot wouldn't kill it.

If our soul or consciousness were not part of our body and it actually resided in some floaty place outside of our body instead of the brain, we should actually see some people with head damage like that walking around with full mental capacity.

That would be evidence that a soul resides outside of the body.

If the brain is a mere receiver for soul transmission, then we would have found this receiver device somewhere in our bodies and we would know that that would be the organ that controls the soul transmission capabilities of the brain.

We have thought for millennia that our mental and emotional capacity resided in the heart, our language still reflects this false notion, science showed that it was the brain.

The idea of the soul is a relic of ancient thinking with no basis in reality, it is every bit as real as the ancient notion of us feeling emotions with our heart.

Gods derive their power from post-hoc rationalizations. -The Inquisition

Using the supernatural to explain events in your life is a failure of the intellect to comprehend the world around you. -The Inquisition
[+] 4 users Like TheInquisition's post
08-10-2016, 06:46 AM
(08-10-2016 04:50 AM)KerimF Wrote:  
(08-10-2016 04:10 AM)EvolutionKills Wrote:  Just one problem with that. It's hard to ignore when people come into your home and shit on the carpet.

Oh, I am very sorry; I didn't know this forum is your home. And I didn't notice that some posts here could, in certain cases, be considered as shit on your house's carpets that you cannot avoid.

Sorry, and you also gave me the impression that you are the ruling god of this forum. So, shouldn't I end up into your hell? Big Grin

You are telling people who are critical of you not to participate.
I doubt you see the irony.

Now, fuck off.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 2 users Like Chas's post
08-10-2016, 10:53 AM
(08-10-2016 04:36 AM)KerimF Wrote:  Well, could you tell me how a person can believe that electromagnetic waves do exist, in case he has not a single mean to detect them?
Does this person have eyes, and do those eyes work?
If yes, tell them to look at light. There, they've just "detected" electromagnetic waves.

[Image: fdyq20.jpg]
[+] 2 users Like LostLocke's post
09-10-2016, 12:34 PM
(08-10-2016 05:33 AM)unfogged Wrote:  
(08-10-2016 02:57 AM)KerimF Wrote:  I hear from you that the god you heard of (via certain references) doesn't exist in your reality.

There is no "your reality" or "my reality", there is only reality. If you believe that a god exists in reality you need to explain how it can be detected. If it can't be detected then it either doesn't exist or is irrelevant.

I wish you are right but actually there is always your reality and my reality.
For example, my neighbourhood (streets, houses, schools, market, churches and mosques ) is attacked till now and since about 5 years by bombs of hell coming from the East side of the city (Aleppo). To me, those who launch these mortars and missiles at random (almost daily) are terrorists.
My reality is surely not what you believe about the happenings in my city.
I mean; do you think I can prove you what contradicts the view of the United Nations about these terrorists that are presented always as being moderate rebels looking for freedom and democracy? For instance most of these long dark beards who are occupying the East side of the city were sent from more than 80 countries (including European and American ones).
So if international facts have to be seen differently (including the 9/11/2001 attacks) by you and I, you can imagine how living the same realty is impossible for us. But in my reality, based on my observations and logic, almost all men in the world are not supposed to think about their real Creator, as it is the case for all zillion other living things. And the image of this real Creator cannot be found on books or alike but in one's inner only.
Again, in my reality I had a need to discover my Creator (you certainly never heard of because the Will/Power that created me has no rules to be imposed on me or else Wink ). And, as you say, in your reality you have no reason to look for your maker and your case is normal... in my reality too Wink

(08-10-2016 05:33 AM)unfogged Wrote:  
(08-10-2016 02:57 AM)KerimF Wrote:  But you also suppose that I should know how this imaginary god you heard of looks like.

You re being asked how you "know" that the god you believe in exists. We think it is imaginary. Prove us wrong.

I never see someone wrong because I, unlike most people, understand fully that the person whom I may talk to likely lives in a reality which could be very different of mine in many aspects (starting from the nature/structure he is made of Tongue ).
On the other side, not having the same reality doesn't imply that sane mature human beings cannot be good friends and enjoy life together, without the need for any of them to change himself.

Facts that don't need evidences:
Sheep for milk live in peace because it is the will of their rich owners.
Dogs obeying rich masters deserve much better food and shelters than free dogs do.
Whoever has ears will hear.
09-10-2016, 12:41 PM
(08-10-2016 05:55 AM)EvolutionKills Wrote:  
(08-10-2016 05:05 AM)KerimF Wrote:  Who is Yahweh? I guess he certainly has a certain hell too Big Grin

But, this ruling Yahweh doesn't exist in reality... while you DO.
Therefore, Yahweh' hell doesn't exist... while yours DO Drinking Beverage

Yeah, remember that bit where I can't read gibberish?

Well, your reaction is expected... Anything you don't like hearing has to be gibberish.
But, at the same time, you are gentleman and don't follow your remarks with some innovative insults Drinking Beverage

Dogs obeying rich masters deserve much better food and shelters than free dogs do.
09-10-2016, 12:44 PM
(08-10-2016 10:53 AM)LostLocke Wrote:  
(08-10-2016 04:36 AM)KerimF Wrote:  Well, could you tell me how a person can believe that electromagnetic waves do exist, in case he has not a single mean to detect them?
Does this person have eyes, and do those eyes work?
If yes, tell them to look at light. There, they've just "detected" electromagnetic waves.

You are right. In the spectrum of the electromagnetic waves, there is light.
This is why I said "he has not a single mean to detect them"... even good eyes Wink

09-10-2016, 01:07 PM
(09-10-2016 12:44 PM)KerimF Wrote:  
(08-10-2016 10:53 AM)LostLocke Wrote:  Does this person have eyes, and do those eyes work?

You are right. In the spectrum of the electromagnetic waves, there is light.
This is why I said "he has not a single mean to detect them"... even good eyes Wink

Nope. There is light because CHUCK NORRIS says so.

Religion is bullshit. The winner of the last person to post wins thread.Yes
[+] 1 user Likes Leo's post
09-10-2016, 10:06 PM
(09-10-2016 12:41 PM)KerimF Wrote:  
(08-10-2016 05:55 AM)EvolutionKills Wrote:  Yeah, remember that bit where I can't read gibberish?

Well, your reaction is expected... Anything you don't like hearing has to be gibberish.
But, at the same time, you are gentleman and don't follow your remarks with some innovative insults Drinking Beverage

If it's to be expected, a more insightful person might wonder if the problem was with their message.

But that would require the capacity for introspection.

[Image: E3WvRwZ.gif]
[+] 1 user Likes EvolutionKills's post
09-10-2016, 10:17 PM
(09-10-2016 12:34 PM)KerimF Wrote:  
(08-10-2016 05:33 AM)unfogged Wrote:  There is no "your reality" or "my reality", there is only reality. If you believe that a god exists in reality you need to explain how it can be detected. If it can't be detected then it either doesn't exist or is irrelevant.

I wish you are right but actually there is always your reality and my reality.
For example, my neighbourhood (streets, houses, schools, market, churches and mosques ) is attacked till now and since about 5 years by bombs of hell coming from the East side of the city (Aleppo). To me, those who launch these mortars and missiles at random (almost daily) are terrorists.
My reality is surely not what you believe about the happenings in my city.
I mean; do you think I can prove you what contradicts the view of the United Nations about these terrorists that are presented always as being moderate rebels looking for freedom and democracy? For instance most of these long dark beards who are occupying the East side of the city were sent from more than 80 countries (including European and American ones).
So if international facts have to be seen differently (including the 9/11/2001 attacks) by you and I, you can imagine how living the same realty is impossible for us. But in my reality, based on my observations and logic, almost all men in the world are not supposed to think about their real Creator, as it is the case for all zillion other living things. And the image of this real Creator cannot be found on books or alike but in one's inner only.
Again, in my reality I had a need to discover my Creator (you certainly never heard of because the Will/Power that created me has no rules to be imposed on me or else Wink ). And, as you say, in your reality you have no reason to look for your maker and your case is normal... in my reality too Wink

(08-10-2016 05:33 AM)unfogged Wrote:  You re being asked how you "know" that the god you believe in exists. We think it is imaginary. Prove us wrong.

I never see someone wrong because I, unlike most people, understand fully that the person whom I may talk to likely lives in a reality which could be very different of mine in many aspects (starting from the nature/structure he is made of Tongue ).
On the other side, not having the same reality doesn't imply that sane mature human beings cannot be good friends and enjoy life together, without the need for any of them to change himself.

There are different situations and circumstances. This has nothing to do with different realities. It's all one reality that we share.