What does the word ‘god’ refer to?

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 1 Average
20-10-2016, 02:51 AM
RE: What does the word ‘god’ refer to?
(20-10-2016 02:00 AM)KerimF Wrote:  I understand that someone says "God doesn't exist" because he likely doesn't need to know/discover anything about his Creator in the first place. [...]

This is a common error of logic that apologists make repeatedly.

The presupposition that man has a "creator" (as an omnipotent supernatural entity), rather than a electro-biochemical origin for his existence is totally erroneous, and without any foundation in the sciences.

I'm a creationist... I believe that man created God.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes SYZ's post
20-10-2016, 03:57 AM (This post was last modified: 20-10-2016 08:21 AM by Bucky Ball.)
"What does the word ‘god’ refer to?"

umm...
a. the meme that made WLC rich ?
b. the thing that the job creation scheme for lazy people with no identifiable skills (known as "pastors", "bishops" and "priests") uses to scare the unwitting ?

How'd I do ? Big Grin

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
[+] 3 users Like Bucky Ball's post
20-10-2016, 02:12 PM
(20-10-2016 02:51 AM)SYZ Wrote:  
(20-10-2016 02:00 AM)KerimF Wrote:  I understand that someone says "God doesn't exist" because he likely doesn't need to know/discover anything about his Creator in the first place. [...]

This is a common error of logic that apologists make repeatedly.

The presupposition that man has a "creator" (as an omnipotent supernatural entity), rather than a electro-biochemical origin for his existence is totally erroneous, and without any foundation in the sciences.

Thank you for your interesting remark. It gives me a better view about atheist's belief (of some atheists or all perhaps).

Now, my previous statement could be re-phrased, thanks to your hint, as:

I understand that someone says "God doesn't exist" because he is likely satisfied fully for just knowing that his existence is due to a certain electro-biochemical origin.

By the way, I will not discuss here that electro-biochemical actions/reactions follow always certain rules but don't make any of them... of these rules Wink

On the other hand, I don't think that 'the existence of an omnipotent supernatural entity' is bad by itself. But claiming that our creator (actually the Will/Power that forced us to exist in the realm we call life) needs followers among his tiny creatures and imposes rules on them to verify their submission (as the men on power, on earth, do) does indeed belong to fairy tales made for adults (created by the men on top, claimed being religious and/or of politics. along history and including the present time).

Facts that don't need evidences:
Sheep for milk live in peace because it is the will of their rich owners.
Dogs obeying rich masters deserve much better food and shelters than free dogs do.
Whoever has ears will hear.
[+] 1 user Likes KerimF's post
20-10-2016, 02:30 PM
(20-10-2016 03:57 AM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  "What does the word ‘god’ refer to?"

umm...
b. the thing that the job creation scheme for lazy people with no identifiable skills (known as "pastors", "bishops" and "priests") uses to scare the unwitting ?

How'd I do ? Big Grin

You did very well.
Yes, such an image of god is obviously a man-made one. And as you said, it is all about money and power.

I am afraid that this applies also in politics but its men use earthly ideals instead as Freedom and Democracy though none of them can exist in reality.

And as the man-made gods have millions of believers who put their hope on them (each god has his followers), the idols 'Freedom' and 'Democracy' have also millions of believers who still hope they will live them someday Wink

Dogs obeying rich masters deserve much better food and shelters than free dogs do.
20-10-2016, 02:38 PM
Oh! let's go!
Steve walks warily down the street

Ceterum censeo, religionem delendam esse
20-10-2016, 02:44 PM
(20-10-2016 02:38 PM)Deesse23 Wrote:  Oh! let's go!

At least, you seem enjoying the spectacle Thumbsup

20-10-2016, 04:30 PM
(20-10-2016 02:30 PM)KerimF Wrote:  
(20-10-2016 03:57 AM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  "What does the word ‘god’ refer to?"

umm...

How'd I do ? Big Grin

You did very well.
Yes, such an image of god is obviously a man-made one. And as you said, it is all about money and power.

I am afraid that this applies also in politics but its men use earthly ideals instead as Freedom and Democracy though none of them can exist in reality.

And as the man-made gods have millions of believers who put their hope on them (each god has his followers), the idols 'Freedom' and 'Democracy' have also millions of believers who still hope they will live them someday Wink
Oh. The deepity. Facepalm
Freedom and democracy are not idols. They may be ideals. Everyone has their own idea of what constitutes freedom. Democracy can be a bitch ... the tyranny of the majority ... which is why basic human rights have to be spelled out in a democracy.

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
[+] 2 users Like Bucky Ball's post
21-10-2016, 12:57 AM
(20-10-2016 02:44 PM)KerimF Wrote:  
(20-10-2016 02:38 PM)Deesse23 Wrote:  Oh! let's go!

At least, you seem enjoying the spectacle Thumbsup

No im not. You are actually a very, very sad person, and i actually feel a bit guilty looking at that train wreck of a personality you are. But hey, whatever floats your boat. Keep on wasting your life with nonsense, not much left of it anyway. Hope you enjoy your delusion while it lasts, before you are engulfed again forever in non-existence.

Ceterum censeo, religionem delendam esse
21-10-2016, 01:40 AM
(20-10-2016 04:30 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  
(20-10-2016 02:30 PM)KerimF Wrote:  You did very well.

Oh. The deepity. Facepalm
Freedom and democracy are not idols. They may be ideals. Everyone has their own idea of what constitutes freedom. Democracy can be a bitch ... the tyranny of the majority ... which is why basic human rights have to be spelled out in a democracy.

And why those protections are codified in law, to protect the minority from the majority; the essence of a democratic republic built upon the rule of law.

[Image: E3WvRwZ.gif]
21-10-2016, 01:49 AM
(20-10-2016 02:12 PM)KerimF Wrote:  I understand that someone says "God doesn't exist" because he is likely satisfied fully for just knowing that his existence is due to a certain electro-biochemical origin.

You've missed the point entirely. 'God' doesn't exist because we have no good reasoning to think that it does, because those forwarding the existence of such a 'god' have utterly failed to meet their own burden of proof. A natural explanation is not needed, as simply not knowing and admitting that fact is perfectly acceptable; what's not acceptable is pretending to 'know' things you do not 'know', such as the existence of a 'god'. So without positive evidence, Occam's Razor and statistical analysis favors answers that make less assumptions over those with more, and the existence of any such 'god' is an unjustifiable assumption, which necessitates that it is far less probable than the alternative.

(20-10-2016 02:12 PM)KerimF Wrote:  By the way, I will not discuss here that electro-biochemical actions/reactions follow always certain rules but don't make any of them... of these rules Wink

That's fine, as I doubt you have the education necessary to talk about it intelligently.

(20-10-2016 02:12 PM)KerimF Wrote:  On the other hand, I don't think that 'the existence of an omnipotent supernatural entity' is bad by itself. But claiming that our creator (actually the Will/Power that forced us to exist in the realm we call life) needs followers among his tiny creatures and imposes rules on them to verify their submission (as the men on power, on earth, do) does indeed belong to fairy tales made for adults (created by the men on top, claimed being religious and/or of politics. along history and including the present time).

You are still assuming a supernatural entity, which as outlined above, is not a claim you have evidence to back up. So if you continue down that line of reasoning as anything more than a very improbable hypothetical is being supremely disingenuous. To move beyond the hypothetical and to claim it as factual? Well, that would make you a liar and a fraud.

[Image: E3WvRwZ.gif]