It's self-referential.

#sigh
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like GirlyMan's post
16-09-2016, 08:26 AM
RE: What does the word ‘god’ refer to?
(19-08-2016 02:47 PM)KerimF Wrote:  --
To you personally and by using your own words, what does the word ‘god’ refer to?

The term 'god' itself, has no unambiguous definition.

A new type of thinking is essential if mankind is to survive and move to higher levels. ~ Albert Einstein
16-09-2016, 08:48 AM
God is the answer to any question to which believers can't or won't provide a specific answer based on facts. It's called faith because it's not knowledge.
[+] 1 user Likes Mr. Boston's post
16-09-2016, 04:28 PM
God refers to a dyslexic dog.

Insanity - doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results
02-10-2016, 06:33 PM
(15-09-2016 09:45 PM)jason_delisle Wrote:  
(19-08-2016 02:47 PM)KerimF Wrote:  During a journey, I met some locals of a friendly town who were debating about the existence of ‘tabolano’; some said ‘tabolano’ exists while others insist that ‘tabolano’ doesn’t exist.

By curiosity, I asked some young men: “Would you please help me know what the word ‘tabolano’ refers to”.
From both sides, they all look at me and said: “What a silly question!”. Then they went on enjoying their debate about ‘tabolano’.

So I am sorry in advance for the following silly question that I should address to the members here, not as a group of people but as individuals:

To you personally and by using your own words, what does the word ‘god’ refer to?

Kerim
A being which no greater can be imagined.

Or a being which is no smaller can be imagined Wink
I mean, in both cases, saying that such a being exist or not is, practically speaking, of no value in itself.
In other words, as long one doesn't know what to expect from the Will/Power that created him (forced him to exist in the space/time realm, we call life), he doesn't need to bother himself in solving a problem on which he has no hypothesis to start from.

Facts that don't need evidences:
Sheep for milk live in peace because it is the will of their rich owners.
Dogs obeying rich masters deserve much better food and shelters than free dogs do.
Whoever has ears will hear.
02-10-2016, 07:02 PM
(16-09-2016 08:26 AM)kim Wrote:  
(19-08-2016 02:47 PM)KerimF Wrote:  --

The term 'god' itself, has no unambiguous definition.

Indeed, any term that itself has no unambiguous definition refers to nothing.
So if someone doesn't have a clear definition of the term god, god cannot exist for him (in his reality) in the first place.
Also having a definition of god doesn't imply that this god (based on this definition) can exit. For example, a ruling god (having a certain law/justice imposed on men) cannot exist, logically speaking, in my reality Wink So I am certain that every ruling god, known along history, is, on these days, a man-made one.

For instance, the majority of men, by nature, need creating/inheriting rules, claimed being of a god (religious) or some ancient fathers (political), to help them play, as masters and followers, in the world's jungle.

Dogs obeying rich masters deserve much better food and shelters than free dogs do.
[+] 1 user Likes KerimF's post
02-10-2016, 07:12 PM
(16-09-2016 08:48 AM)Mr. Boston Wrote:  God is the answer to any question to which believers can't or won't provide a specific answer based on facts. It's called faith because it's not knowledge.

I wonder if you could you give me one example (better if more) of such a question.
Thank you.

I asked you this because all theists, I knew, follow/obey certain rules, claimed being inspired by a god, just to avoid his wrath Wink and not to learn anything from him.

02-10-2016, 07:17 PM
(16-09-2016 04:28 PM)Rahn127 Wrote:  God refers to a dyslexic dog.

If I define the term 'god' like you did Wink I am sure it cannot exist in my reality too Tongue

04-10-2016, 09:18 AM
God = CHUCK NORRIS. Deal with it. The OP is a blasphemer . I'm the highest priest of chucksterism.

Religion is bullshit. The winner of the last person to post wins thread.Yes
[+] 1 user Likes Leo's post
04-10-2016, 09:23 AM
[Image: 5260601-7663429336-chuck.jpg]
[+] 1 user Likes ohio_drg's post