What does this mean?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
22-12-2015, 05:04 PM
What does this mean?
I had an interview today for a job. The manager said that she would check my references and check my background then get back to me. Does that mean I got the job? Or does it mean it's promising? I'm a little confused on what it all means.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
22-12-2015, 05:14 PM (This post was last modified: 23-12-2015 10:44 AM by Commonsensei.)
RE: What does this mean?
Nope. I just means they're going to call your references. If anyone gives you a poor review, they'll go with someone else.

Don't Live each day like it's your last. Live each day like you have 541 days after that one where every choice you make will have lasting implications to you and the world around you. ~ Tim Minchin
22-12-2015, 06:00 PM
Typically if they're doing a background check, then they've decided to hire you pending a clear review. There typically is cost involved so they're not going to do a background check just for kicks.

So unless you're a serial killer, congrats!

It was just a fucking apple man, we're sorry okay? Please stop the madness Laugh out load
~Izel
[+] 4 users Like Erxomai's post
22-12-2015, 06:18 PM
(22-12-2015 05:04 PM)musicharmony87 Wrote:  I had an interview today for a job. The manager said that she would check my references and check my background then get back to me. Does that mean I got the job? Or does it mean it's promising? I'm a little confused on what it all means.

No, she'll check out your references and your background to see if you are an acceptable candidate. This may only be phase one where she weeds out the unacceptable ones to get a final list. You may even have another interview if you pass this round.

Be cool. It takes a while. Smile

[Image: dnw9krH.jpg?4]
22-12-2015, 06:23 PM
Usually it's neither positive or negative. It's a step that many companies take before considering you at all.
[+] 1 user Likes Clockwork's post
22-12-2015, 07:28 PM
What does this mean?
Thanks guys. That helps out a lot. She did tell me that I would be good fit for the job so that is a good thing!
[+] 2 users Like musicharmony87's post
22-12-2015, 07:31 PM
Good luck!
22-12-2015, 08:04 PM
Hug

All the very best!
22-12-2015, 08:07 PM
She probably hated you and said that because she didn't want to hurt your feelings by telling you you have no hope.

[Image: oscar.png]
22-12-2015, 08:09 PM
(22-12-2015 05:04 PM)musicharmony87 Wrote:  Does that mean I got the job?
No.

(22-12-2015 05:04 PM)musicharmony87 Wrote:  Or does it mean it's promising?
Yes. Like the HellboundPreacher pointed out background checks require an investment from the employer. That means it's promising.

I think you got it. Thumbsup

#sigh
[+] 1 user Likes GirlyMan's post