What does you name "mean"?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
01-10-2013, 01:09 AM
RE: What does you name "mean"?
Kyle

Scottish, Irish, Gaelic

-From a Scottish surname which was derived from Gaelic caol meaning "narrows, channel, strait".

EvolutionKills however is a reference to this web-comic and the accompanying tote-bag.

[Image: qc-evol-tote.gif]

[Image: GrumpyCat_01.gif]
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 3 users Like EvolutionKills's post
01-10-2013, 04:27 AM
(01-10-2013 12:46 AM)Juv Wrote:  
(01-10-2013 12:40 AM)ClydeLee Wrote:  Mine means I am a man of Mars. That and warlike.

So not quite fitting.

So, you're not really a Clyde?

Nope, the name's a lie! I can't be as cool as Mark Dreher and use my real name.

Although, Lee is my actual middle name. I believe it means Southern defensive general Or means a meadow, but I got the Lee name to be short for my uncle Eligio, which carries the meaning of chosen. I'm Mars chosen one... I'm so damn Italian.

"Allow there to be a spectrum in all that you see" - Neil Degrasse Tyson
01-10-2013, 04:35 AM
I won't say what my name is, but it is also the name of my favorite flower Cool

"Behind every great pirate, there is a great butt."
-Guybrush Threepwood-
01-10-2013, 05:02 AM
(01-10-2013 04:35 AM)undergroundp Wrote:  I won't say what my name is, but it is also the name of my favorite flower Cool

I don't suppose it's "Stinking Corpse Lily" or "Clitoria Ternatea"? Consider

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 3 users Like Chas's post
01-10-2013, 05:15 AM
My first name is Welsh for "bear" or "strong as bear", middle name means "man" or "free man".

Curiously, one name is that of an epic king, the other of a king who was beheaded. Amusing. Drinking Beverage

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
01-10-2013, 05:20 AM (This post was last modified: 01-10-2013 05:23 AM by Bucky Ball.)
(01-10-2013 05:15 AM)Chas Wrote:  My first name is Welsh for "bear" or "strong as bear", middle name means "man" or "free man".

Curiously, one name is that of an epic king, the other of a king who was beheaded. Amusing. Drinking Beverage

Wow. Your mom actually named you Tut Louis. Drinking Beverage

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein
Those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music - Friedrich Nietzsche
01-10-2013, 05:23 AM
Earmuffs

Those things you put over your ears to muff out the mindless dribble of the common folk.

[Image: 3cdac7eec8f6b059070d9df56f50a7ae.jpg]
Now with 40% more awesome.
01-10-2013, 07:40 AM
(01-10-2013 05:23 AM)earmuffs Wrote:  Earmuffs

Those things you put over your ears to muff out the mindless dribble of the common folk.

I already told everyone that your real name is Gertrude but asked them not to let on that they know.

Gertrude is Old Germanic for "ranting honey-chicken eater"

[+] 1 user Likes DLJ's post
01-10-2013, 07:42 AM
Usually it means someone else in the family had this name and you got stuck with it.

Just like somebody else makes a thread... Dodgy

[Image: klingon_zps7e68578a.jpg]
01-10-2013, 07:59 AM (This post was last modified: 01-10-2013 08:14 AM by kim.)
I think around the time I was born, a lot was coming out of the Kimberley diamond mine in Africa. My Dad was a huge National Geographic reader so often saw the name in print, liked it, and thought it to be modern and unusual.
wikipedia Wrote:Kimberly is a unisex given name originated from a South African place. The name was derived from an English title, which was in turn derived from an English place name. A variant spelling of the name is Kimberley, borne by both males and females. The form Kimberly is more common in North America than Kimberley. The given name Kim was originally a short form of Kimberley, but it is now established as an independent name in its own right; this name is also borne by both males and females.

The given name Kimberley is derived from the like-named place, Kimberley, in Northern Cape, South Africa. This South African place name was named after a Lord Kimberley, in the 19th century. At the end of the 19th century, this place was the scene of fighting and a British victory during the Second Boer War, and consequently the given name was popularised in the English-speaking world.
The name of Lord Kimberley's title is derived from the like-named place, Kimberley, in Norfolk, England. This place name is derived from two Old English elements: the first is the feminine personal name Cyneburg; the second element is lēah, meaning "wood" or "clearing". The place name roughly means: the "woodland clearing of Cyneburg". This place name was recorded in the Domesday Book of 1086 as Chineburlai. The Old English personal name Cyneburg means "royal-fortress".

So, there you go; I'm a place. I'll now fuck off to Kimlandia. Wink

I found this quasi-fortune telling site involving names - Kabalarian Philosophy - Since 1930 proving your names shape your life - Seems pretty standard; "Here's a free taste! If you want more, give us money." Dodgy Laughat

The first "analysis" statement might seem somewhat accurate ... then, any notion of uncanny drops off completely... and the final physical diagnosis is preposterous...
(Unless of course, I really am an impulsive, surly, bitter, frustrated, nervous asshole and steadfastly deny it. But, you'll never know. You freaks. Dodgy jesus fuck, where is my ant-acid?)

Kabalarian Philosophy Wrote:The name Kimberly gives you a strongly independent and highly creative nature, with drive and ambition to have experiences and accomplish things out of the ordinary.

You can work intently at whatever is new and holds your interest at the moment, but your interest wanes quickly when drudgery and monotony set in.

Obstacles to your progress or restrictions on your freedom to act create a sense of frustration which may cause you to feel resentful and even rebellious.

You can then become intolerant of others, and caustic and belittling in your expression, thereby imposing stress on your personal relationships.

Although you have a clever, quick, capable mind, your progress in life is restricted by instability in your affairs and misunderstandings with people.

Your impulsive nature can lead to actions which you later regret taking, or to accidents.

Relaxation is elusive, and depletion due to nervous tension can develop to the point where you become subject to moods of depression and morbid thoughts.

Nervous tension centres in the solar plexus, with nervous indigestion and stomach ulcers a possible result.

A new type of thinking is essential if mankind is to survive and move to higher levels. ~ Albert Einstein
[+] 2 users Like kim's post