What does you name "mean"?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
05-11-2013, 09:36 AM
RE: What does you name "mean"?
(05-11-2013 09:33 AM)Filox Wrote:  Stone.

Quote:Peter is a common masculine given name. It is derived, via Latin "petra", from the Greek word πέτρος (petros) meaning "stone" or "rock".[1]

According to the New Testament, Jesus gave Saint Peter (whose given name was Simon) the name Kephas or Cephas meaning "stone" in Aramaic.[2] Saint Peter, according to ancient tradition, became the first bishop of Rome. Roman Catholics consider him to have been the first Pope and all subsequent popes to have been his successors, and therefore sometimes refer to the Pope or the Papacy itself as Peter.

Bow down to me, bitches!

[Image: 9f6.gif]
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes ELK12695's post
05-11-2013, 10:57 AM
Don't worry my dear. If your name so common. My name is Stephanie even my name is not unique to everyone but i love my name because my name can talk about who am i now. You my dear talk to your name now to better know your person Smile

ThumbsupHeart

HostandCash
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
05-11-2013, 11:05 AM
(30-09-2013 06:15 PM)Revenant77x Wrote:  Andrew

Andrew is the English form of a given name and surname common in many countries. ‘Andrew’ is a common name in English-speaking countries. In the 1990s it was among the top ten most popular names for boys in those countries. In Italian, the equivalent to "Andrew" is "Andrea", though "Andrea" is feminine in most other languages. Andrew is frequently shortened to "Andy" or "Drew".
The word is derived from the Greek: Ανδρέας, Andreas, itself related to Ancient Greek: ἀνήρ/ἀνδρός aner/andros, "man" (as opposed to "woman"), thus meaning "manly" and, as consequence, "strong", "courageous", and "warrior". In the King James Bible, the Greek "Ἀνδρέας" is translated as Andrew.

Really ?
You seem like a "Cuthbert" or "Meadows" to me.
Tongue

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein
Those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music - Friedrich Nietzsche
08-11-2013, 03:24 PM
Name: John

Meaning:

The name is derived from the Latin Ioannes, Iohannes, which is in turn a form of the Greek Ἰωάννης, Iōánnēs. This Greek name is a form of the Hebrew name יוֹחָנָן, Yôḥanan which means "Graced by Yahweh".... nah, I don't think so. Other meanings?

john - a colloquial term for a toilet
john - a slang word for a prostitute's customer

Urban Dictionary meanings:
4. John
An extremely hot guy.
You can't get hotter than John.

5. John
A man with a very large penis, usually above 6 inches.

Yeah, I think the meaning is pretty much accurate in the last two analyses.
[+] 1 user Likes Luminon's post
08-11-2013, 03:50 PM
Name: Aaron

Wikipedia: Aaron is an anglicised Hebrew masculine given name. Its English form is derived from the Hebrew name "Aharon" (אהרן) which is most likely of Ancient Egyptian origin from "aha rw" meaning "warrior lion"; or from Aaru, meaning a heavenly paradise. According to other theories, the name could be derived from various Hebrew roots meaning "high mountain", "mountain of strength" or "enlightened", or "bearer of martyrs". Aaron the brother of Moses is described in the Hebrew and Christian book of Exodus, the Quran and the Bah'ai Iqan.

Urban Dictionary: Awesome, plain and simple. Considered by most to be almost godly in nature his dick is massive and his ability to pleasure women is legendary though only a few have experienced this righteous act of manlyness. They are known to be intellectual and breathtakingly handsome although shy at a first encounter. He has been hurt but due to his stubbornness he doesn't allow it to happen again. There was and will be only one. So don't fuck with an Aaron, ever, and make sure you don't misspell this work of arts name wrong, like Erin. That would be hazardous to your health.

[Image: 7oDSbD4.gif]
[+] 1 user Likes Vosur's post
08-11-2013, 04:49 PM
(08-11-2013 03:50 PM)Vosur Wrote:  Name: Aaron

Wikipedia: Aaron is an anglicised Hebrew masculine given name. Its English form is derived from the Hebrew name "Aharon" (אהרן) which is most likely of Ancient Egyptian origin from "aha rw" meaning "warrior lion"; or from Aaru, meaning a heavenly paradise. According to other theories, the name could be derived from various Hebrew roots meaning "high mountain", "mountain of strength" or "enlightened", or "bearer of martyrs". Aaron the brother of Moses is described in the Hebrew and Christian book of Exodus, the Quran and the Bah'ai Iqan.

Urban Dictionary: Awesome, plain and simple. Considered by most to be almost godly in nature his dick is massive and his ability to pleasure women is legendary though only a few have experienced this righteous act of manlyness. They are known to be intellectual and breathtakingly handsome although shy at a first encounter. He has been hurt but due to his stubbornness he doesn't allow it to happen again. There was and will be only one. So don't fuck with an Aaron, ever, and make sure you don't misspell this work of arts name wrong, like Erin. That would be hazardous to your health.

Every son born to a TTA member from now on will be named Aaron. Dodgy

I'm not anti-social. I'm pro-solitude. Sleepy
08-11-2013, 05:04 PM
Arabic, for the jasmine flower. Always unusual growing up, but grew to like it for that. It was all going rather well until that stupid bratz doll came out Angry
08-11-2013, 05:07 PM
(08-11-2013 05:04 PM)Yasmin Wrote:  Arabic, for the jasmine flower. Always unusual growing up, but grew to like it for that. It was all going rather well until that stupid bratz doll came out Angry

Yup, it's because of the bratz doll that I dislike you..... Rolleyes

But now I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.

~ Umberto Eco